Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fairy Tail: Dragon Slayers

Just wanted to start up a thread about this semi-elusive and mysterious magic. Hiro Mashima so far has revealed 4 Dragon Slayers so far, Natsu, Gazille, Luxus (debatable due to some facts revealed), and Wendy.

Just as a quick recap of Dragon Slayer magic, according to happy who first explains it in Fairy Tail, Chapter 1 pages 70-71, Dragon Slayer Magic converts a person's body to that of a Dragon's. Therefore, one could use a Dragon's breath, be resistant to your own element and attack with said element conjured through your own magic. Continuing on Dragon Slayers are taught their magic from a dragon, and as nourishment can eat there element, as seen by Natsu and Gazille.

Judging by these rules, it seems there can be a Dragon Slayer for every element and beyond. Not only that also appears that Dragon Slayers can be created like Luxus, as shown in Chapter 128 pages 20-21.

So as a discussion, what are the possibilities that Midnight of the Oracion Six is a Dragon Slayer seeing as his magic style has been kept under raps so far. Not only that just the capabilities of Dragon Slayers seems to be infinite looking at Natsu's fight against Gerard where he takes his magic to a whole new level and Luxus who was super badass. Theoretically its possible that Dragon Slayer magic has the ability to be the most powerful magic. So what do you guys think?

Spoiler!

I don't know about midnight, but I'm sure the elemental characteristics of the Dragon Slayers are also their weakness (i.e. Gazille/Natsu vs. Luxus), so I wouldn't say they're the absolute most powerful.

I think our sample size right now is too small to make any guess. Maybe if we've seen Wendy's magic.

While this is a bit of a digression, but I hope that there ain't too many Dragon Slayers. I think in the beginning they said that it was a an ancient magic and there's not many left, but if Mashima introduced too many in the manga then it would kinda make it less impressive, IMO.

somehow the magical number in manga's has often been 7. I expect 7 dragons and slayers. ^^

thunder, fire, steel, sky/light

So.... maybe something like earth, water, dark/shadow left.

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

Well let's hope so, otherwise with so many Dragon Slayers it would seem as if they magic isn't dead but everyone that is one is just a closet Slayer waiting to jump out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflame View Post
    somehow the magical number in manga's has often been 7. I expect 7 dragons and slayers. ^^

thunder, fire, steel, sky/light

So.... maybe something like earth, water, dark/shadow left.
    I doubt water since that would pretty much just be like lluvia's or grey's magic.

wind!?
    Salvation lies beyond the downcast gaze...

Just thinking about it and how Rave Master turned out, most likely there will be a huge Dragon Slayer beat down party. Either that or a giant revelation that would probably make things more confusing.

Spoiler!

As much as I'd like to include Luxus as a DS, he's not original.

It would probably be more like, for every x number of Dragons = x number of DS.

Actually three Dragon Slayer in the whole manga is not that many, well unless they eventually get to like ten or something they are not really many.
    Last edited by Masgrande; 05-21-2009 at 12:03 AM.

''Brother running with a torch and not a damn thing you can do about it!''