Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
    Pretty good chapter, makes me excited for the next one.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    The guys that got beaten in 2 panels should have been the MK5.

Other than that it was a good chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    The guys that got beaten in 2 panels should have been the MK5.

Other than that it was a good chapter.
    Would've been epic. The anime made me quite fond of MK5 because they always pop up at the worst moments possible.

I can't believe I never posted on this thread lol, idk I like this manga but its a bit too strait forward, like theres not much growing room - we know Oga will have to beat up beels family and probably get to the Devil himself to save the world.

And I know all manga's are pretty strait forward in a few regards (meaning like all shonens have a set goal for something and the manga is about how they do it) - Although when I think of this manga in particular it seems a bit cliche ... almost like a Bleach Arc, cept its the whole manga.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    I can't believe I never posted on this thread lol, idk I like this manga but its a bit too strait forward,like theres not much growing room - we know Oga will have to beat up beels family and probably get to the Devil himself to save the world.

And I know all manga's are pretty strait forward in a few regards (meaning like all shonens have a set goal for something and the manga is about how they do it) - Although when I think of this manga in particular it seems a bit cliche ... almost like a Bleach Arc, cept its the whole manga.
    I'd have to disagree with there. Look at how much the characters themselves & their individual abilities have progressed throughout the manga. I think this is a manga with a huge potential for growing room, the more characters that end up linking up with demons the more badass move we'll be able to see.

I didn't mean it didn't have growing room in terms of power, I meant for the plot its pretty strait forward.

I understand most manga/manhwas are like that, and nearly all Shonens have set goals, just idk, this Manga seems more direct then others
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

I sort of get what you're saying but that doesn't mean its as straightforward as you say. Whether that's the complete end goal of the manga or not doesn't change the amount of potential inbetween time. Like if knowing the story was enough to make it predictable like you say one piece and naruto would be in tht category. We knew te goal from the beginning but it had exponential growth still on the inbetween part.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

^ Some of you guys are overthinking this manga by a lot. Its more of a comedy for entertainment,not to keep you guessing what he has planned for the long run. I don't read beelzebub for the reason will he become the Demon king?! Will he destroy Earth?! Who the hell cares about that. Most of us just enjoying reading it because of its ridiculous funny ideas/scenes that happen in it.

Anyways that demon dog on the last page of chapter 118 looked like that Irish or swedish legend of a demon dog in temple or something. I'll look it up later. Is behemoth the leader they mentioned 40 chapters ago when they were introduced? Or is that someone else.

Fenix I can definitely agree with you that the gags and comedy are some of the major drawing points of Beelzebub if not the defining one, but at the same time I think there's justifiable room to say the story/plot is just as engaging if not more so.

If I were to compare Oga and Hilda from chapter one to how they are now I'd notice a dramatic difference. They've gone from loathing each other to begrudgingly accepting one another as Beel's parents/guardians. Hilda's softened quite a bit and become accustomed to the human world, not to mention fully embraced her role as an over protective mother constantly giving her husband slack. (Ironic how much the two of them resemble a married couple) Oga's change is even more radical and pronounced. Remember those first few chapters where he was trying to paw off Beel to anyone who would take him? Fast forward a hundred chaps now he's outright defying the Demon King saying he'll make sure Beel doesn't carry out his wishes. Now that's a complete 180. Here he's accepted Beel, and they're training together for their survival and so they can kick lots of demon ass. (and if one or two rivals happen to get in the way what the hell? Just more heads to crack in) Those are some pretty substantial changes for an idiotic delinquet and big chested wet nurse.

I'd be remiss not to mention Furuichi who is a true man amongst men. Like Xiao has pointed out before there is most certainly more than meets the eye with our resident ladies man. His genius alone sets him apart as an amazing character, add in the humor and it's no contest.

That's not even mentioning the stellar supporting cast. Stong, independant willed Kunieda with a fetish for ogres, big talker Kanzaki who has more guts than brains, richer than Bill Gates Himekawa who always has a plan, and tough as nails Toujou who will gladly beat you into a bloody, unrecognizable pulp as soon as his shift is over. That's just covering the most popular, there's quite a few in reserves too. (Athrun I still know you exist!) The storyline is laid out but very unique, and Tamura does an excllent job letting his characters and humor shine through his artwork. I'm slightly biased though, Beel's easily my 2nd favorite manga after Fairy Tail.

The story also has an unpredictable streak, which only invests us the readers more, seeing as we never know quite what to expect. (Mapping out the storyline, people unfamiliar with it would surely go WTF at many points. )

The humor to me is just the icing on the cake of one very impressive manga. Although, it wouldn't stand out as much without the amazing humor. (Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting.)

To answer your question, yes Old man Behemoth is the same guy who sent Hecatos and Gravel after Oga and company shortly after En's arrival. He's the man in charge.

I think Tama most resembles an orthrus or cerberus, just with a few heads missing.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    ...Although when I think of this manga in particular it seems a bit cliche ... almost like a Bleach Arc, cept its the whole manga.
    Well I have to disagree of this part here as well.If you are talking about character progress,you are wrong.If you are talking Beelzebub has a straight forward way like other shounens,you are wrong again.Don't spout nonsense like it's a bit cliche.Their trainings is nowhere near cliche-like Super Milk Time-My reaction was "wtf?are you kidding me?is he serious?:lol:".

Or like the story has presented direct goals to the main characters-Yea,Toujou,Oga,Four-eyes guy just want to be stronger and badass,Furuichi wants women,but the story is completely random.Like the pun for Akumano school(I didn't expect it).
    It has good humor,nice plot,appealing characters and also no serious goal in particular.