Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are Monkey D. Luffy and Gol D. Roger related

hey i was wonderin weathere or not luffy and roger were realted or is it just the will of D because it would make perfect sense for them to berelated cause garp could have had a brother(that being roger) wich would make perfect sense since that whole family is jacked up i don;t know im bored and tired..don;t get mad at me if this is already a thread

Banned
    A mod by the name of Thsv once said, "Hooked on Phonics?"
    But anyway, this somewhat of a mystery in OP. I personally think no as Sal, A giant, also carried the will of the D making for a very "unique" family situation. I guess one could say they are related in the sense that they are both Great Pirates and have a great many things in common.
    Last edited by xXD3THKLOKXx; 05-10-2009 at 06:32 AM.

Don't worry. You aren't the first to ask this question and have their thread graveyarded. Its impossible to know if they're related or not. You either believe it or you don't. The only thing they have in common is the D. as middle names. Also, it would be amazing that Garp wouldn't mention any relation to Gol D. Roger considering how quick he was to give up Luffy's father's name, Monkey D. Dragon, the most wanted man in the world.

true so what is this will of D like everybody who is great had had D sumwear in there name

i think both roger and teach are related to luffys family marshall D teach right? seems tricky these d in the names, i think its for a reason oda put them there, even shanks acknowladged teach even before his fruit power

I think Luffy is Gol D. Rogers reincarnation They are freaking similiar in both behavior and looks. Well thats just a guess anyway =P But I can't wait to find out what the will of D is, and the true about the void century!

I don't think we will ever find out. It would just be to much of a massive flashback and ruin what i think is a great mystery. Oda's never done a big flash back except for nami's and that isn't the best ark (anyone else agree?).
    - Ot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D.Static View Post
    true so what is this will of D like everybody who is great had had D sumwear in there name
    Not really, as Whitebeard, Shanks, and most of the Shichi aren't members of the will of the D. Also, @Ot.name: I agree the Nami arc wasn't one of my favorites.

naw i agree but this is sumthing totaly different because this has sum use like everybody wnats to know about the void centery and what the hell the will of D is ....also who is dadan ?

Yes they are related, check the bottom middle panel.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/392/14/