Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar

What the f***!?!

Today, is the day I decided to sell my old gaming equipment(controllers, cables and whatnot) to Gamestop. Knowing that this is Gamestop I was going to, I expected to recieve a pretty shitty deal.

I was prepared to walk away with a couple dollars for about 10 items. No big deal. Its all about the lulz right? WRONG.

I walk up in tha joint, and present the items. The douchebag didnt even say hi! Anyway, I'm seeing $0.05 for my old cables (snes I think) and im pretty much not surprised in the least.

BUT THEN! It came to my N64 Controller. He stares at the screen, for like a minute, turns to me and says"well, if you sell this controller to us, apparently YOU owe us 64 cents." My immediate reaction is to try to see whats on the screen because I was like no fucking way. But way. The computer confirmed that this isnt some error. I ask the manager to come see and enter the information again, and the same results showed up. I owe them money for giving them MY controller.

Guess what Steve did. Yup. He went right along with it. He paid(and hilariously had exact change) the 64 cents, gave the controller, picked up the shattered remains of his sanity and left that place.

What an epic deal.

Now you tell me the greatest/worst deals you ever had. And if possible, try to make sense out of what happened to me. I challenge you.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

More of a question is

Why the hell did u pay >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

I just had to. I dont know how I could live with myself if I didnt do that.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

You got a good deal there bro. lol

Here to ease your pain a bit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5_DgLCu6fk

Gamestop and EB games are fuck up companies. They're evil!

Best deal I ever had? Not to far from where I live is a dollar store. This store sells 3 liter bottles of orange soda for 1 dollar! As of what happened to you, I find it quite ironic. Owing 64 cents for you N64 controller. I remember when people would pay a bit of money for one of those.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

hahaha gamestop does suck hard! This story is hilarious had to pay to give your N64 away hahaha.

I remember I sold all my games and sh^t like 5 years ago I mean like everything my Nes wth floormat pad , Snes , N64, PS1 , PS2 and about 60 VHS Anime tapes but I went to a small import gaming store in town and got a decent deal.

I took back some some of my nephews old crappy Gamecube games we didnt like to trade in for something decent at Gamestop. The credit I got was worthless I realized it was better to just keep the crappy games or sell em on Amazon or something.

Even the crappy membership card they try and get you to sign up for is crap. Wow you get $3 off a game that costs like 60 ohhhhh.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Yea there's this awesome 99cent store not to far from where I live, and when they mean 99cents is the limit, they fucking mean it. Pack of Perdue Chicken Drumsticks? 99cents. I kid you not.

Yes 64cents for N64 controller. Now that's weird shit. I laughed so hard that day though. I was so proud of myself.

@POW: God, the shit that Gamestop does is lmao worthy. That's why I buy in basement stores and the internet(ie ebay).
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Decidedly Undecided
    You could've probably gotten more if you lived near me. There's this place not too far from where I live called the Control Pad, it's kinda like Pre-genGamestop. They have Super NES games, N64 games, even a Dreamcast or two!

Anyway, the worst ripoff I've ever had was...Hmm...I dunno, I've never had one too bad. This one dude tried to persuade me not to sell my copy of Guilty Gear Isuka, or some reason, but this was at Gamecrazy.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    You could've probably gotten more if you lived near me. There's this place not too far from where I live called the Control Pad, it's kinda like Pre-genGamestop. They have Super NES games, N64 games, even a Dreamcast or two!

Anyway, the worst ripoff I've ever had was...Hmm...I dunno, I've never had one too bad. This one dude tried to persuade me not to sell my copy of Guilty Gear Isuka, or some reason, but this was at Gamecrazy.
    Hmmm I have a place that sells classic gen stuff too. And its not too expensive especially since I live an such a crowded city. Chinatown FTW!!!
    Anyway, Im not to crazy about Gamecrazy. Yea they got cheaper games, but only by a small, small margin. Not to mention their selection is very weak. Well atleast the one I went to. And Im pretty sure that they use the same business practices as all the other video game corporations. Although this is just my speculation.
    Last edited by Stev3child; 05-09-2009 at 04:55 AM.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Beer and Music
    XD damn that blows steve, oh well, u took it like a man, and that's what counts

I stopped going to gamestop after I got kicked out cause of an arguement with an employee, fuck them, gamestop is full of rip offs, u wanna sell ur stuff? There's ebay, that'll get u more cash than any store, even pawn shops will give u more

But yeah every since that day at gamestp, if I want a game I either go to best buy, fry's or toys r us