Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xXD3THKLOKXx View Post
    First of all I'm surprised K-On! got a top 30 on the 1st volume. I tip my hat to that series. I think this poll maybe be somewhat skewed as many readers haven't been exposed to most manga on the market. For instance, Fairy Tail is very similar to OP, and just as interesting in my mind, but it has a much smaller following, therefor, even if FT was considered as interesting as OP by followers of both, It most likely wouldn't be anywhere near OP just based on Fanbase.
    I can already hear the stomps of the fanboys as they approach; Intent on taking off with your head for that remark.

The problem with FT is exactly that, too. It's too similar to One Piece. One Piece's fans in Japan have been mostly loyal to the manga for years, that won't change anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    I can already hear the stomps of the fanboys as they approach; Intent on taking off with your head for that remark.

The problem with FT is exactly that, too. It's too similar to One Piece. One Piece's fans in Japan have been mostly loyal to the manga for years, that won't change anytime soon.
    This is almost exactly what I thought when I read a single chapter of Fairy Tail. I thought I was reading One Piece at first. The art is almost identical although FT's art is smoother than OP's but again, that's only based off the single chapter of FT I read vs. the 250+ OP chapters I've read lol. But like Kuroihikari said, OP fans won't be so quick to jump off the bandwagon for something that's similar to it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post

I don't know about you but, I like having 2 chapters of OP per week. Also, I've read OP from the begining and I must say: FT > OP, now where was my will?

I think a large part of naruto's success in the states has to do with it having a decently done anime in a good timeslot. since anime is what is almost certainly going to get the most exposure over here, it really determines what series are going to be popular.

the naruto anime is decently done and is aired at a good timeslot for children, as opposed to OP which had a horrible anime dub and bleach which also has a good dub but a bad timeslot to really get any sort of mass appeal.

as for OP vs. FT, fairy tail has had one of the worst arcs of anything I have ever read ever, and followed it up with a decidedly mediocre arc. I haven't really been able to enjoy it after that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    I think a large part of naruto's success in the states has to do with it having a decently done anime in a good timeslot. since anime is what is almost certainly going to get the most exposure over here, it really determines what series are going to be popular.

the naruto anime is decently done and is aired at a good timeslot for children, as opposed to OP which had a horrible anime dub and bleach which also has a good dub but a bad timeslot to really get any sort of mass appeal.

as for OP vs. FT, fairy tail has had one of the worst arcs of anything I have ever read ever, and followed it up with a decidedly mediocre arc. I haven't really been able to enjoy it after that.
    Which arc are you speaking of? Also, OP has had it's fair share of dud arcs. On your anime theory, I think your spot on.

Which arc are you speaking of? Also, OP has had it's fair share of dud arcs. On your anime theory, I think your spot on.
    the rescue erza arc was just terrible. while OP's has had a few arcs that are less than exciting, none of them blatantly spit on the power hierarchy nor had as many dues ex machina as that arc.

Most of Luffy's boss fights "spit on the power hierarchy", even if most people won't admit it or call it that. That is not One Piece's strength, anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    the rescue erza arc was just terrible. while OP's has had a few arcs that are less than exciting, none of them blatantly spit on the power hierarchy nor had as many dues ex machina as that arc.
    The Paradise Tower arc was pretty bad. But, it was only 28 chapters. I am horrified at idea of OP getting stuck in a 100+ Chapter arc that sucks. My only real problem with OP is that it's way to slow. Impel Down is the only real arc that has progressed well for me.

the king of turtles lazytortoise's Avatar
    . My only real problem with OP is that it's way to slow.
    you think One Piece is slow?! i found it quite entertaining most of the time and most mangas have to be slow at certain parts of their life span ...just to explain the details. A slow manga... now thats Bleach! if you haven't read bleach manga then you dont know whats slow really is~

Also i dont find fairy tail similar to one piece... storywise i dont seee fairy tail going far. for me its like once this current arc is finished ..whats next? theres nothing more to do....its just good guild vs bad guild... One piece's story seems like it can go on forever! because all you need is your imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by lazytortoise View Post
    One piece's story seems like it can go on forever!
    That's actually one of its downfalls. But I guess some people enjoy that, so its fair enough.