View Poll Results: Who is the biggest spammer on Mangashare?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hand Banana

28 70.00%
  • Arbitrary

6 15.00%
  • The Ama

3 7.50%
  • Arhazivory

3 7.50%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    I wouldn't use it as a standard, and even if that's the case...American (as you're so kind to remind us) is as opposite to English as north and south. We are closer.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    If we use the English accent (NPG) as a standard, I can safely say I am closer to it than you are.
    There are lots of English accents. Bloody hunners, and sounding like - for example - a Geordie is not a ringing endorsement of one's elocution. If you had an old 50's BBC presenter then it would be a different matter, but the English have regional accents too.

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    There are lots of English accents. Bloody hunners, and sounding like - for example - a Geordie is not a ringing endorsement of one's elocution. If you had an old 50's BBC presenter then it would be a different matter, but the English have regional accents too.
    Just like there are hundreds of American accents. My accent doesn't match Asce, Mister_Death, or DFX.

Signature and Avatar courtesy of ImotoChan

Yeah, I'm just questioning the validity of using English speech patterns as a comparitive standard for assessing the quality of spoken English endemic to particular countries and regions thereof, especially given that England itself has extremely wide variance - not that I'm accusing NPG of a wacky accent by the way - just saying...

It is probably the case that on the most normative end of the spectrum, written Jamaican English will resemble Queen's English more than American English will, which mangles spelling for no apparent reason much of the time. When spoken, both will be a fair distance from received pronunciation, for example the majority of American English dialects are rhotic (In RP, /r/ is not vocalised unless followed by a vowel, this is non-rhotic) and of course, some words that have spelling modifications are pronounced differently such as aluminium versus aluminum.

Also, Asce, you talk funny.
    Last edited by Binky; 05-09-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    It is probably the case that on the most normative end of the spectrum, written Jamaican English will resemble Queen's English more than American English will, which mangles spelling for no apparent reason much of the time.
    America started out as highly agricultural colonies. The majority were home taught and didn't receive official training. After the split and after the War of 1812, the wave of Nationalism encouraged Americans to avoid learning learned Queen's English and keeping to the ignorant farmer American English. This caused the difference in spelling and the way things are pronounced the most. Canadia wasn't revolutionary, so the change wasn't as strong for them.

Signature and Avatar courtesy of ImotoChan

King of The Bleachtards BWORMKING's Avatar

HB 4 tha win
    (

I am the KING of the bleachtards *period*
    no one can tell me otherwise
    anyone can challenge me
    thats just one more NOOB i'd be glad to PWN

THE OFFICIAL BIGGEST BLEACHTARD OF 2008-2009

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    I agree. back to the topic at hand.

QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

If this keeps up to the next round, it'd be like confronting a tornado. Damn.