Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mac problems...

Mac problems...

I just reinstalled my mac. But for some reason it wont allow me to install programs like flash or install firefox. I also wanted to play WoW so I inserted the disc and tried to start up the installer for that, the same thing is happening with it not being able to come up.

What should I do? Why are macs so complicated sometimes?!

Did you update right after you reinstalled? If not, the OS is "too old" for the newer versions of Firefox, Flash etc.

You have to install the combined update (If you're using 10.5 it's around 750mb) before you do anything.

I formatted mine yesterday, can't really do anything unless you update
    ಠ_ಠ

At everyone who is going to reply in this thread; DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A MAC VS WINDOWS/PC WAR! All he asked for is some Mac help.

Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    At everyone who is going to reply in this thread; DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A MAC VS WINDOWS/PC WAR! All he asked for is some Mac help.
    He can help it by getting windows........... jk dont infract my ass.
    I only have a sultion for your WoW problem. Go to http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....04991429&sid=1 and try everything in there.

Perhaps you can post the specific error(s) you receive?

That'll help.

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

before I reinstalled. I was able to play WoW without any problems.
    After installation I updated my mac as far as it could. All the way to 10.3.9
    I just installed the game thinking I woud be able to just jump on right away. Now its saying I need to update quicktime to 6.5, but I can't find the 6.5 update nor the 10.5 update.
    Last edited by eazybrowniemix; 06-16-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eazybrowniemix View Post
    before I reinstalled. I was able to play WoW without any problems.
    After installation I updated my mac as far as it could. All the way to 10.3.9
    I just installed the game thinking I woud be able to just jump on right away. Now its saying I need to update quicktime to 6.5, but I can't find the 6.5 update.
    the latest quicktime should work too right? apple.com downloads section?

10.5 is a whole upgrade in the operating system, you would need to buy that. That computer I gave you is pretty old, it truly may just be time to upgrade the operating system. Quicktime apparently affects the code of the system too, so games and such can be affected by it. Also, I don't know where you could get 6.5, it's up to 7.6 now. Which only works for 10.4.10 plus.

damn. looks like I need to save up some money.

Of course there could be a copy floating around somewhere of that version of Quicktime. It's worth a shot.