Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

former mod

Recent recruiting PMs

Recently it has come to our attention that the administrators of other websites are making use of MangaShare to advertise their site through means of pre-generated recruitment PMs. Be advised that this will not be tolerated and users found to have been sending these PMs will be banned. If you receive a message along these lines, please contact a global moderator or administrator.
    Last edited by zidane21ps; 04-29-2009 at 05:47 PM.

I see you banned S-ClassNinja_Rich. Rules are rules. Well, see him on NF whenever I get unbanned there.

By the way... If you spot someone has a mutual interest in [whatever the site is based on] and then PM them a link to your site, then you're on safe ground. It's when you resort to just spamming recruitment PMs to all and sundry that you're getting into dodgy territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I see you banned S-ClassNinja_Rich. Rules are rules. Well, see him on NF whenever I get unbanned there.
    I got one of those "advertisement" PMs from him, but we're friends so I saw no harm in it.

former mod
    From what users told me it's not just one forums doing that, so - this is more of a general message.

So you mean random recruitment PMs as opposed to let's say you see that someone can translate J>E and you PM them if their interested to one's group?

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    So you mean random recruitment PMs as opposed to let's say you see that someone can translate J>E and you PM them if their interested to one's group?
    As long as it's to not a message that's spammed to multiple translators at the same time it should be fine.

Beer and Music
    Yeah I got that, only he(sclass ninja rich) fucked up cause I had joined back when he 1st made it and then he decided to PM rape me with invites..>.>..good thing I forgot the username n password I was signed under.

Hey zidane, not that I support the invite pm's n such, but what's the harm in inviting ppl?? Just curious

This is S-ClassNinja_Rich. Im not looking to get unbanned cause if the staff felt like i did something to deserved to get banned for life then i deserved it. I want to say sorry to the staff and members of Mangashare for the advertisement PM's. I just wanted to tell my friends about my sites cause they were all cool people and i want to start it out with them so that people would who stop by would want to join too. I didnt know that my invites or spam(as most call it) was upsetting people since everyone would just tell me no thanks or ill join, like i said earlier im sorry. Thanks Manga Share for the memories and helping me learn the forum game, sorry i couldnt be a model member. So could a mod or admin ban this Username, i only did it to say sorry to everyone. Once again thanks

Veteran Member What Is My Name?'s Avatar
    i hope s class ninja will be allowed back after some time. its really sad to see a friend go. so yeah, is there really any harm in sending recruiting PMs?