Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I'm a big Sci-fi fan, grew up watching things like Alien Nation and Blade Runner with my mum, Always had a lingering wish in the back of my head, That I'd been born say 1000 years later than I was.

All these kind of things you guys have posted are also things I'd love to see.
    Probably the thing I'd like most is Cybernetic Augmentation, Ever since I watched Ghost in the Shell years back, The idea of reinforcing my body with technology and being able to access a computer via cable link to my neck, It makes me drift off back to my little world of wishfull thinking.

Sadly I don't think I'll see much technology in my lifetime tbh, maybe just higher and higher resolution TV's =.=

You can keep those teleporters. If its like star trek where they disassemble your molecules and reassemble them in another place thats just retarded. I wrote a story a few years ago that had a teleporter in it. They tested the teleporter on a person and it seemed to work fine. The person was teleported to the location and was given a clean bill of health. The machine was going to be put into production and used. Basically the individual lost his "soul" and was not the same person as before he was transported. He was in essence Evil. This may seem weird and far fetched, but if they ever create a transporter like that, I won't be getting in it. I'll take the bus.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    I'm a big Sci-fi fan, grew up watching things like Alien Nation and Blade Runner with my mum, Always had a lingering wish in the back of my head, That I'd been born say 1000 years later than I was.

All these kind of things you guys have posted are also things I'd love to see.
    Probably the thing I'd like most is Cybernetic Augmentation, Ever since I watched Ghost in the Shell years back, The idea of reinforcing my body with technology and being able to access a computer via cable link to my neck, It makes me drift off back to my little world of wishfull thinking.

Sadly I don't think I'll see much technology in my lifetime tbh, maybe just higher and higher resolution TV's =.=
    There is no reason they couldn't augment your hearing, that can be done with current technology I think. Your muscles can recieve amplified stimulation, so long as they aren't pushed so hard as to be damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    You can keep those teleporters. If its like star trek where they disassemble your molecules and reassemble them in another place thats just retarded. I wrote a story a few years ago that had a teleporter in it. They tested the teleporter on a person and it seemed to work fine. The person was teleported to the location and was given a clean bill of health. The machine was going to be put into production and used. Basically the individual lost his "soul" and was not the same person as before he was transported. He was in essence Evil. This may seem weird and far fetched, but if they ever create a transporter like that, I won't be getting in it. I'll take the bus.
    That is why a space portal would be better, your body is not disassembled, rather space around you is tunneled through.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Cures to various things, a manned mission to Mars, less steps back in the name of progress (mp3s versus CDs, sure the quality gap is almost negligible at 320 or even 256Kbps, but the fact that it's there annoys me, hell even CDs themselves against vinyl. DVDs could go some way to rectifying this) and maybe a surprise or two in robotics or other similarly futuristic fields. I don't view colonisation of even our own solar system as a viable thing in my lifetime.

blueiris385, "The Jaunt" by Stephen King has a vaguely similar theme, it's a short story about a boy who holds his breath instead of inhaling the soporific gas people are supposed to take before teleportation. When he reaches the other side he's completely mad as he basically experienced infinity (As in infinite time...) whilst teleporting and claws his own eyes out. 'Sgood.

King of The Bleachtards BWORMKING's Avatar
    is there technology that forces people to use thier common sense more? if there is, ill be supporting that.
    (

I am the KING of the bleachtards *period*
    no one can tell me otherwise
    anyone can challenge me
    thats just one more NOOB i'd be glad to PWN

THE OFFICIAL BIGGEST BLEACHTARD OF 2008-2009

with stem cell research scientist will unlock why embryos can heal faster and scarless.then we can have cures for every disease and reattach lost limbs

also cloaking devices are closer than you would guess
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0503100813.htm

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by BWORMKING View Post
    is there technology that forces people to use thier common sense more? if there is, ill be supporting that.
    That's about the only thing Technology Won't fix.

MORE ON THE EXCERCISE PILL : I really needs this.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

King of The Bleachtards BWORMKING's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    That's about the only thing Technology Won't fix.

MORE ON THE EXCERCISE PILL : I really needs this.

this post is filled with win
    (

I am the KING of the bleachtards *period*
    no one can tell me otherwise
    anyone can challenge me
    thats just one more NOOB i'd be glad to PWN

THE OFFICIAL BIGGEST BLEACHTARD OF 2008-2009

flying cars would be the first step i think ... but this would put an end to the airline industry so that can't happen.

Sig By Damon Max

-micro nuclear devices (from isaac asimov's Foundation)
    -3d galactic map ,even 4d
    this may be a bit of a long shot seeing how the Foundation is set 10 millenniums from now
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood