Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Technologies I can't wait to see

There are certain technology developments that I have always dreamt and wished for. Some are very sky-in-the-pie ish, and others seem more around the corner. Here are some of them.

1) Space/dimensional portals:
    Imagine if we had space portals which in effect is a doorway that you step through and emerge at a different location. Just try to imagine what impact this would have on things like Air travel, War/Security, dispersal of families, etc.

2) Food converter/dispenser: Imagine a Kitchen counter top device that manufactures food from raw materials. Plug it in, open the input lid, drop in grass, and left over food, and out the other side pops out edible food. Imagine how this would revolutionize agriculture and alleviate hunger.

3) Virtual Telepresence: Now imagine a pair of glases that display High def. video to your eyes. Imagine now that those glasses are linked to a pair of High res. video cams that are attached to a robot at a remote location in real time. In effect you coud have the video cams on a miniature submarine controlable from your location. Imagine being able to explore an area of Ocean from the comfort of your bedroom. Or if you like, go on a trip to Australia virtually, your robot avatar would also carry microphones, so that you can see, tour and explore Sydney, even shop in Australia using a Credit Card, all these without the inconvenience of air travel, terrorist, jet-lag and so forth.

4) The Matrix: Just park/deposit Your body at a body bank, and spend the next few months or years living in a virtual world of your choosing. Don't knock it guys, the only downside I see is that it probably can't be done.

5) Force fields: Force fields are good not only for repelling bullets, but they could also create an ideal environment around your body, climate and weather wise. Snow and rain can fall all they want. Bears, lions and crocs can growl all they want. You'd be able to live anywhere safely protected in your own little energy cocoon.

Let me stop here for now. If you also have some neat futuristic ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Senior Member Bringmethehorizon's Avatar
    I'd also like to see humans colonizing outerspace (:

Quote Originally Posted by Bringmethehorizon View Post
    I'd also like to see humans colonizing outerspace (:
    You're right. Colonizing outers pace is inevitable if humanity is to survive. Like it or not, the Earth won't sustain us forever, or inevitably there will be some Natural calamity which will eventually make life on Earth impossible.

i would like to see a real hollowgram someday
    https://www.facebook.com/ImogenSparksModel

Spoiler!

Portals(teleportation in anyway) means less walking and exercise, meaning obesity. It would be a nice thing to have but I don't want to see it in mass use.

Everything that I want to see has either already been created or is being made right now.
    Death Ray= Created by Nikola Tesla in the 1930s.
    Mechanical Limbs= It has just recently been commercialized.
    Androids= A bunch of companies are making and perfecting different aspects of robotics to to have them act and sound more human.
    Mechs= Although this has already been made, some company is trying to make the ones from the anime's.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Mecha. I've already claimed Gurren Lagann. You can have what remains.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Portals(teleportation in anyway) means less walking and exercise, meaning obesity. It would be a nice thing to have but I don't want to see it in mass use.

Everything that I want to see has either already been created or is being made right now.
    Death Ray= Created by Nikola Tesla in the 1930s.
    Mechanical Limbs= It has just recently been commercialized.
    Androids= A bunch of companies are making and perfecting different aspects of robotics to to have them act and sound more human.
    Mechs= Although this has already been made, some company is trying to make the ones from the anime's.
    Obesity? No problem. Just take an anti-obesity pill. By the way, I think there is such a pill being developed.

Science Rocks.

I would like to be able to turn blow up dolls into real people. I'm running out of closet space and could really put it to use if it was available.

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Hmm, I would like to see a real spaceship. One that would easily travel through the space n use some yknow a lightning speed to travel between galaxies n stuff like that. Having one of these babies n I would just travel through space forever.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Max View Post
    Hmm, I would like to see a real spaceship. One that would easily travel through the space n use some yknow a lightning speed to travel between galaxies n stuff like that. Having one of these babies n I would just travel through space forever.
    Reminds me of some of those Animes with space borne colonies. Hopefully there really are other planets out there to go to, and there are no hostile Klingons or Gould waiting to stamp us out.