Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Reborn! - Lancia's Boss's Ring

In case you don't remember, Lancia, after the fight with Xanxus, gave Tsuna his old Boss's Ring:

http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/136/04/

Now, the ring played a small part in the 10 years later storyline when a Strau Mosca detected the ring when Tsuna didn't bind it with a Mamon chain.

http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/139/17/

The ring hasn't been mentioned in the manga since.

The ring raises a few questions:
    1. Will the ring have a purpose in the next storyline?
    2. What's its attribute?
    3. What is the ring's rank?
    4. Who is going to use it?

My current thoughts:
    1. Maybe... It has been a long time since it was mentioned, but if the only purpose of the ring was for a 2 page problem and a flashy entrance for TYL Yamamoto, I'll be disappointed.
    2. Probably 'Sky', since it was a boss's ring and it was given to Tsuna. But I kind of like the idea that the 'Sky' attribute is exceedingly rare, so only the most powerful Mafia families would have sky rings as their attribute.
    3. Spanner said that the only 'A' rank soldiers that he'd heard of in the Millefiore were the 6 Funeral Wreaths before the 100 'A' rank soldiers he announced when the real 6 Funeral Wreaths were revealed. Also Lancia said that it was nothing special compared to the Vongola ring. So it's probably a 'B' rank ring... Maybe an 'A', since the 7³ rings are a lot more special than that.
    4. Either it's just a back up ring for Tsuna if the Vongola Ring gets taken from him, or he'll need to give it to somebody for their protection. I was half expecting him to give it to Kyoko or Haru when he told them about the current situation, but they shouldn't need it. Maybe if Iemetsu or the 9th is still alive and he needs a ring? I don't know.

So, thoughts?... Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    In case you don't remember, Lancia, after the fight with Xanxus, gave Tsuna his old Boss's Ring:

http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/136/04/

Now, the ring played a small part in the 10 years later storyline when a Strau Mosca detected the ring when Tsuna didn't bind it with a Mamon chain.

http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/139/17/

The ring hasn't been mentioned in the manga since.

The ring raises a few questions:
    1. Will the ring have a purpose in the next storyline? -> Of course it will
    2. What's its attribute? -> We won't know for sure until it is shown. :(
    3. What is the ring's rank? -> See above answer.
    4. Who is going to use it? -> Probably a future Lancia, or Tsuna.

My current thoughts:
    1. Maybe... It has been a long time since it was mentioned, but if the only purpose of the ring was for a 2 page problem and a flashy entrance for TYL Yamamoto, I'll be disappointed.
    2. Probably 'Sky', since it was a boss's ring and it was given to Tsuna. But I kind of like the idea that the 'Sky' attribute is exceedingly rare, so only the most powerful Mafia families would have sky rings as their attribute.
    3. Spanner said that the only 'A' rank soldiers that he'd heard of in the Millefiore were the 6 Funeral Wreaths before the 100 'A' rank soldiers he announced when the real 6 Funeral Wreaths were revealed. Also Lancia said that it was nothing special compared to the Vongola ring. So it's probably a 'B' rank ring... Maybe an 'A', since the 7³ rings are a lot more special than that.
    4. Either it's just a back up ring for Tsuna if the Vongola Ring gets taken from him, or he'll need to give it to somebody for their protection. I was half expecting him to give it to Kyoko or Haru when he told them about the current situation, but they shouldn't need it. Maybe if Iemetsu or the 9th is still alive and he needs a ring? I don't know.

So, thoughts?... Anyone?

Veteran Member
    My bet is that Lancia is going to use it (future or current is going to make an apperance) so his long lost ring (10 year) is back to his hand , happy reunion between a ring and the master

I didn´t even remember this ring. Guess it wasn't that important to me. >.>

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

It's a plot device that may or may not make a significant twist.

Could be Byakuran wins, so Tsuna's last chance is to use that ring.

Either that or it's like Sauron's ring, plain but more powerful than the rest lol

Quote Originally Posted by stewchan View Post
    Could be Byakuran wins, so Tsuna's last chance is to use that ring.

Either that or it's like Sauron's ring, plain but more powerful than the rest lol
    But if it were just a plain ring then it isn't really worth mentioning. :<

Tsuna fights without using his ring much. So far, the only thing we know about the Sky ring attribute is that it can open different boxes and increases speed(?). But since Tsuna has never had a box weapon up until now, his fights were mostly melee like the previous arc. And most of Tsuna's fights will be altered in a way that it's more melee-ish, extra rings with no special ability seem pretty useless to him imo.

I think the ring will serve its purpose. Just we aren't certain when that'll be. xD
    YAMAMOTO FTW?

What bothers me and is off-topic sorry is why Reborn wasn't able to dodge the 10-year bazooka and he said he couldn't move(this might be not relevant but oh well) and also you can see http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/136/05/ somebody is watching on the middle left panel. Could it be Irie or somebody else ?

he couldn't move because of the radiation that kills the arcobaleno was coming through the 10 year bazooka at the time

Quote Originally Posted by lorDyy View Post
    What bothers me and is off-topic sorry is why Reborn wasn't able to dodge the 10-year bazooka and he said he couldn't move(this might be not relevant but oh well) and also you can see http://www.onemanga.com/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn/136/05/ somebody is watching on the middle left panel. Could it be Irie or somebody else ?
    That person is probably Irie but there's no proof. :/

As to why Reborn couldn't move - it's probably:
    1) Plothole. If Reborn dodged the 10-Year Bazooka then there wouldn't be the Future Arc. If he hadn't dodged it, Tsuna wouldn't need to go look for him and hence wouldn't be hit by the bazooka. And even if the Guardians somehow all got to the future, Reborn is still an important character so he has to be there regardless. Why not send him first?

2) He was probably disabled for some unknown reason. Maybe the person spying had done something. But Reborn being such an awesome hitman should not have fallen for such a trap so again plothole

:3
    YAMAMOTO FTW?