Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Gurren-hen

Animation studio Gainax presented a website for the release of a movie adaptation of the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann TV series in the fall of 2008. Both the original director and series script editor will return to work on the new project. Gainax will also be hosting four events to celebrate this occasion at this year's Tokyo International Anime Fair, featuring voice actors from the anime.

Taken from MAL.

So this movie basically covers episodes 1-15 of Gurren Lagann in about 2 hours. For those that have seen it what did you think of it?

I myself thought it was very well done. Though a lot of scenes were taken from the original series I thought they cut it in all the right places. They cut Adai Village, the godawful episode 4, and the hot springs and instead replace it with a mashup with "Libera Me" From Hell playing which I liked a lot. The action scenes were all very well done in typical Gainax fashion as well. What really got me was the new animation. The scenes they added were all great in my opinion. The new confrontation with the Four Generals was just a great action scene in general. Simon's speech was more awesome and the final attack was legendary as usual. All in all it was a very well done condensed version of TTGL in my opinion.

Linkage for both DDL and torrent: http://www.animetake.com/tengen-topp...vie-guren-hen/
    Last edited by Arisato-kun; 04-27-2009 at 01:00 AM.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Aniki, bring some links to DL or watch it streaming. And lets wait for Lagann-hen, which is the one I expect more.

Link added for both DDL and torrent. I used the 11 part Rapidshare DDL and it works beautifully. Enjoy everyone.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I saw it. It ignited my soul. I then went and duct taped myself to the hood of my car and had my friend dirve me around. THAT is how awesome this movie was.

Is it subbed?

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by [DFX] View Post
    I saw it. It ignited my soul. I then went and duct taped myself to the hood of my car and had my friend dirve me around. THAT is how awesome this movie was.
    must be a good movie!

i want to see it, bad. i have heard little about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    Is it subbed?
    Yeah, BSS subbed it.

for those who have not watched the episodes this movie is a adrenaline rush of every emotions, mechs, powerful positive influence and a major morale boost.

i feel like bungie jumping off a building with a drill in my hand.

"Little Dude, I was born to do this."

Wasn't half bad.

One of the many many reasons to see this movie right here. Same scene as ep 11. New and better animation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3mi_...eature=related

MyAnimeList MyMangaList