Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Did I Miss Something?

This might sound like one of those, "LOL LOOK I FOUND A MESSUP IN T3H PLOT!11", and it kind of is, but I'm actually curious.

I was flipping through channels one day and a Naruto marathon was on Cartoon Network. (Yeah, a marathon! Believe it!). In any case the particular episode I turned to was way back in the Land of Waves, when Kakashi was fighting Zabuza (before the fight on the bridge).

Well, Kakashi was using Obito's Sharingan and seemingly got behind Zabuza and had a kunai to his neck. But lo' and behold, it was actually a Water Clone! And Zabuza came at Kakashi from behind!

... Wtf...?

The Sharingan can see through Genjutsu such as clones etc... Was Zabuza just so awesome he could fool the Sharingan? Can the Sharingan not see through... certain Jutsus like Water Clones? Or was this just a little mess-up in the plot?

Either way, I doubt this was deliberate. But many of you guys here seemingly worship the manga so you might actually know an explanation for that. =)
    Last edited by Kiki Tottori; 08-23-2007 at 07:34 AM.

sharingan can see threw bunshins yeah but that water clone was like a kagebunshin which is a real body thus.. sharingan cant tell the difference..

if not Itachi would have seen kakashi water clone on their fight and kagebunshin on their 2nd one

Ahh, all right. Thanks. =)

Only Kakashi knows if he noticed it was a water clone or not. But i dont think it would have mattered because even if he recognized it was a water clone, he still wouldnt be able to just leave it be since it would still cause real damage if it attacked him. And that same reason most likely applies to Itachi.

You would take care of the Kage bunshin or water clone if you knew it could still cause real damage.

Banned
    clones cant be detected its a very high level technique, its an exact duplicate.

heck Neji's byakugan couldnt tell Naruto clones apart either, and Byakugan is better at this sort of thing than Sharingan.

Actually, the Sharingan does discern the real body from a bunch of clones, well anything thats not a regular bunshin maybe. Sasuke claims that he can see the real Naruto in a group of Kage Bunshins in the VotE fight. Does anyone think that it could be possible to use a bunshin of some kind for Kawarimi no Jutsu?

If Byakagun, that can see the inner chrakra circulatory system of a body cant tell a kagebunshin from each other... believe me... neither can sharingan. The logic is simple.. if its a real body and has chrakra circulatoy sysmtem... IS NOT AN ILLUSION.. but Sharingan can detect bunshins apart.. to an extent also.. cause as we all know a sharingan user are still able to be captured in a genjutsu. I imagine depends on the lvl of the genjutsu

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Tottori View Post
    Well, Kakashi was using Obito's Sharingan and seemingly got behind Zabuza and had a kunai to his neck. But lo' and behold, it was actually a Water Clone! And Zabuza came at Kakashi from behind!
    ... Wtf...?
    The Sharingan can see through Genjutsu such as clones etc... Was Zabuza just so awesome he could fool the Sharingan? Can the Sharingan not see through... certain Jutsus like Water Clones? Or was this just a little mess-up in the plot?

Either way, I doubt this was deliberate. But many of you guys here seemingly worship the manga so you might actually know an explanation for that. =)
    From memory - Kakashi saw through everything, copied Zabuza's water clone jutsu
    - and so when Zabuza got the jump on Kakashi - it was just Kakashi's Water Clone and not Kakashi himself.
    - I think.

I thought during the Land of Tea filler (episode 103) Sasuke was able to see they were water clones on the ship and the real ones are attacking from a distance.
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by SagaraSanosuke View Post
    I thought during the Land of Tea filler (episode 103) Sasuke was able to see they were water clones on the ship and the real ones are attacking from a distance.
    Filler doesn't count... ever.