Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Cockney Geezer
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    728
    Maybe this is the first Hokage's Brother that Kishi made a quick mention on.

    The other brother that retained the wood gene, or it could be the First Hokage's wood baby.

    But he certainly has roots very where.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    I"m going to have to disagree here. You cited good reasons but I still don't buy it. The way I see it too much has gone on in the manga to make Madara the ultimate bad guy. He's been a distructive force causing the very events that this manga revolves around. Its not likely that Zetsu will end up being above him in any way. I really doubt that he is on Madaras level. He could just be really clever, or possibly a great spy. There's nothing to prove that he's a great fighter, the mastermind behind everyhing, or anything but Madaras subordinate. IMO.
    I disagree with you. The problem is that, what i have posted are manga pages(facts) with my personal insight(speculation). So that means that facts are there and it is up to you to decide what these mean. The only thing, that is sure, is that Zetsu does not trust Madara whereas Madara shows Zetsu his trust or(if we want to play with words) his loyalty. Concluding, putting Zetsu on a ''x'' fighting level is speculation with no concrete proff whatsoever because we only have glimpses of his power. However, not being loyal to Madara and having his own plans, which may be the same with Madara(golden Byakugan,lol)is a fact.
    An intresting thread & good research
    Thank you.
    However I would not say Madara places his trust so blindly. He is the ultimate mastermind so he always analyses his subordinates well before recruiting them.
    That may be the case, but have you ever the thought of the possibility that Zetsu is nessecary for his plans? So trusting him or not does not really matter.
    Everyone in Akatsuki has their own beliefs Zetsu is no exception but his personal belief in himelf shows partly why he works alone aside from his abilities.
    Very true. Or he does not need company.
    In an orginization of villains trust is never a strong factor they are united in thier mutal goals.
    Very true, again. However trivial these may be, they all have desires.
    I would quote from Gaara that to live without a purpose is the same as being dead. Zetsu may only believe in himself but he still needs a purpose in life and a goal to pursue whatever they maybe.
    Hmmm. What was Sasori's goal while he was in Akatsuki?
    One thing that intrests me is why he has to record all the fights? Is it so Madara can copy all the jutsu's?
    Maybe. What interests me even more, is what happens when he eats the dead bodies?
    Anyways the databook backs up the idea that Zetsu does not trust Madara.

    Here is the databook on Zetsu.
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...7Zetsucopy.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

    That was obvious.

  3. #13
    Sshheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceful View Post
    {[I did not know where to post this. So if you feel that it should have been posted in the theories section feel free to move it.

    I have posted the same theory in other two or three forums, too. Here is a link to one of these:}http://www.tailedfox.com/forums/naruto-manga/6467-zetsu-man-mysteries-essay-theory.html}



    Uchiha Madara ,the master manipulator ,the puppeteer ,the engineer of a master-plan to put himself at the top that has so far fallen exactly into place.

    Zetsu ,seemingly is his "loyal" subordinate.

    And yet ,everything that Zetsu has ever said or done contradicts the notion that he is Madara's poodle.


    The suspicions began arising ,because of this very one panel: "When you are sad and alone..."
    "...All you can count on is yourself."



    If anything ,this is the ultimate proof of Zetsu's loyalty to no-one other than himself. Madara thinks he is his loyal subordinate. To tell the truth almost everyone thinks so. Yet this one simple sentence conveys such a vast amount ,hinting at his past ,that he did put his trust in others ,that he was shunned, and that the one single universal truth is you cannot rely on anyone ( is this a reason he left his village?). Nevertheless, the question remains: Why is that Zetsu who apparently has his own goals and desires acts as a loyal servant to Madara Uchiha?

    The answer is that both Akatsuki and Madara Uchiha are mere tools for his ultimate goal ,whatever that may be.


    Zetsu ,undoubtly is a man of mysteries that little is known about him. This ,except for the readers, applies to the members of akatsuki as well. I put it to you that Zetsu is stringing along Madara just as Madara had Itachi and has Sasuke. ,that page may seem trivial to you but it is not: "Tobi is a good boy".
    As it seems ,Zetsu did not know of Tobi's true identity ,even calling the strongest and greatest Uchiha ever... "Idiot". Yet he has found himself directly entwined in Madara's nefarious plot Naruto 404 page 17 | One Manga.

    Madara trusted him with details of the engineered fight between Itachi and Sasuke, most likely before Sasuke even knew where they would be fighting.

    Madara trusted him with retrieving Itachi's body, to preserve those eyes that will one day give Sasuke his Permanent Sharingan.

    Those are two pivotal vectors in Madara's grand master-plan, and yet he trusted Zetsu's "loyalty" enough that he would not interfere and derail this scheme.

    All this trust in such a short amount of time, whilst Zetsu never even knew who the hell Tobi actually was. That is qute funny and interesting at the same time. Why would Madara ,the ultimate Uchiha ,entrust details of his plan to a stranger? He could have told Kisame ,who showed his loyalty at the same time Tobi took of his mask ,yet he chose Zetsu the "stanger".

    This is not all. The most intriguing pages of all ,is this simple yet interesting page: Naruto 404 page 16 | One Manga

    Zetsu stands, waiting for Madara to arrive ,as if he is a subordinate coming to deliver a report to his master after a completed mission.

    Zetsu then initiating the conversation ,almost as if he were demanding a report from this subordinate ,followed by a declarative that would almost always be associated with the senior superior.

    See how the speech bubbles are placed in the middle-right panel ,showing Madara standing behind Zetsu.

    Just like Kankurou stood behind Gaara in his reintroduction after the time-skip as the Kazekage. Just like Leaf shinobi standing behind Sandaime Hokage as he looked over the village that he had sworn to protect.

    Yet then Madara begins to reassert his leadership and authority with his talk of no-one standing in his way and the inner workings of Akatsuki.

    The dichotimy between body language and speech is incredible. Zetsu holds the position of authority in where he stands and how he talks ,with Madara almost seemingly "delivering" a report ,yet Madara then continues talking showing that he clearly holds the head position in Akatsuki.

    This final page almost makes me think that Zetsu is more than a subordinate to Madara; he is a full blown partner-in-crime. And then his talk of never having hope in anyone except himself brings me to what I see as the inevitable conclusion. Madara has complete trust in Zetsu and is the only Akatsuki who he sees as an equal ,yet Zetsu does not reciprocate that trust.

    [Another interesting thing to note is that each member of Akatsuki sometimes report directly to him. Not only that ,but they also recieve orders from him: Hidan and Kakuzu the two most rebelous members of Akatsuki!]

    Last but not least ,our suspicions are confirmed in this particular page:Naruto 383 page 14 | One Manga

    One side of Zetsu asks if he can go with him, but the other side wants to go watch Sasuke's and Itachi's fight instead. This is quite interesting taking into account the fact that this was a very important battle for their plan. The white self of Zetsu wanted to go with Pain as if he already knew the outcome of Itachi's fight but the serious one decided that it would be better if they watched The Uchiha Fight.

    Conclusion: Madara views Zetsu his equal. Zetsu may have the same view of Madara, but the key difference being he is only using Madara before he discards him.
    Purely circumstantial

    Moved to Naruto Theories
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

  4. #14
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    The problem with Akatsuki is the same problem you get when you put a bunch of geniuses together in the same place. Everyone could basically be playing with everyone else.

    So I'm calling this plausible.

  5. #15
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    Interesting theory, zetsu's definitely in the top tier of akatsuki, I'll give ya that.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!


    Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

  6. #16
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    I seen this on Naruto Fan from a different poster.

  7. #17
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I seen this on Naruto Fan from a different poster.
    oh crap, not that shit again.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!


    Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

  8. #18
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Well it could peaceful on another name, or someone plagiarized peaceful. It seems to be consistent with his writing style.

  9. #19
    ɹǝʎʍɐן Я I Hand Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hall of fame
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Well it could peaceful on another name, or someone plagiarized peaceful. It seems to be consistent with his writing style.
    Possible. I never known Peaceful to type like a third grader and this is well written. So I believe him.

  10. #20
    LOL, U MAD? Arbitrary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    But you're assuming that Madara will be defeated very very soon. That isn't the only possibility. Alot of events could take place (including those) before the final fight with Madara.
    I certainly did not assume that Madara will be defeated very very soon. He will, but I never stated specifically.

    Quote Originally Posted by ng.jimmy View Post
    Maybe this is the first Hokage's Brother that Kishi made a quick mention on.

    The other brother that retained the wood gene, or it could be the First Hokage's wood baby.

    But he certainly has roots very where.
    Ahh... link? The Nidaime (Tobirama Senju) can possibly not have the gene for the Mokuton jutsu series. The direct children of the Shodaime were never mentioned, the only living (so far) direct descendant of the first is Tsunade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •