Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar

Gundam Unicorn Confirmed to Air This Winter

Finally! High five guys!

Via ANN. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ally-announced

Copy/Pasted for your convenience.

The June issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Gundam Ace magazine will officially announce on April 25 that an anime adaptation of Harutoshi Fukui's Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn space robot novels has been green-lit for this winter. Kazuhiro Furuhashi (Le Chevalier D'Eon, Rurouni Kenshin, Zipang) will direct off a script written by Yasuyuki Muto (Afro Samurai: Resurrection, Le Chevalier D'Eon, Persona -trinity soul-).

Kumiko Takahashi (Card Captor Sakura, Ouran High School Host Club, Witch Hunter Robin) will adapt the original character designs that Yoshikazu Yasuhiko (first Mobile Suit Gundam, Venus Wars, Arion) created for the original novels. Hajime Katoki (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, Gundam Wing Endless Waltz Special Edition), Yoshinori Sayama (Birdy the Mighty Decode, Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack), Junya Ishigaki (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Macross Frontier), and Nobuhiko Genba (Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie - Conqueror of Shamballa animator) will design the robotic mecha loosely inspired by Kunio Okawara's work on the first Mobile Suit Gundam series. Shinya Ogura (Eureka Seven , Gundam Evolve, Planetes) will advise on the world setting of the story, as he has on other Sunrise anime projects.

The Gundam Unicorn story is mainly set in the year of Universal Century 0096 — three years after Char's Counterattack, the last anime to feature the protagonist Amuro and antagonist Char of the first Gundam anime series. Before penning Gundam Unicorn, Fukui wrote the stories of the C-blossom - case729 and Samurai Commando: Mission 1549 manga.

I'm excited. The mech designs are gonna be sweet and I hear the novels are great. I'm really expecting a lot out of this one.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

PFFT
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-world-release
    You can tell from the url, but it's getting released world wide, but what gets me more is the simultaneous part, meaning the whole world will bathe in Gundam goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    PFFT
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-world-release
    You can tell from the url, but it's getting released world wide, but what gets me more is the simultaneous part, meaning the whole world will bathe in Gundam goodness.
    That's what's got me astounded. I never thought that it would air simultaneously in multiple languages. They need to do this more.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

They did a similar thing to Kurokami, how they manage to dub it on the fly is beyond me.

Gaming Commentator hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    >.> Whatever happens, this will never reach Australia in a million years. And that makes me sad.

But it's cool that there's gonna be new Gundam, hope this won't stall the progres of the Gundam 00 Movie in anyway.

Whats with these new Gundam series? Is it just me or are they getting gayer (and lamer) every iteration since SEED?

First there was Gundam 00 (Balls), Gundam 00-S2 (Balls-2), and now Unicorns?

Good grief!

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.

Ariolander, Unicorn is probably the code name for the Gundam. I predict it to have a giant Phallus on its head.

Signature and Avatar courtesy of ImotoChan

You guys are right. The Gundam is called Unicorn Gundam.

Unicorn Gundam Normal Mode

Spoiler!

Unicorn Gundam Destroy Mode

Spoiler!

Plus this series has the awesomeness that is Sinanju.

Spoiler!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

hm dont know looks ok just like 00 was but for me Wing and Seed were still the best

Hm..character design looks sorta old school, and
    Quote Originally Posted by hatsuharupeace View Post
    >.> Whatever happens, this will never reach Australia in a million years. And that makes me sad.

But it's cool that there's gonna be new Gundam, hope this won't stall the progres of the Gundam 00 Movie in anyway.
    What makes you think they'll forget Austrailia if they're releasing around the world?