View Poll Results: Do you believe that kishi used christian references in his manga?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 16.24%
  • No

69 58.97%
  • Maybe

29 24.79%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Beer and Music
    good observations but...its pretty stupid and pointless to bring religion into manga/anime, its bad enough chritianity ruins life everyday, now what? manga too..

"Just as Jesus was guided by God, Naruto was guided by Jiraiya and Kakashi"... priceless

I have a dad and college professors, can I be Jesus?

I has anyone mentioned the "Chosen One who brings about a revolution in the Ninja world" thing for Naruto yet? That might be the only religious reference I see, and it obvious still isn't rooted in Christianity.

Naruto can walk on water.... Jesus walked on water...... Ah i finally see what ur talking about ;D

EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    "Just as Jesus was guided by God, Naruto was guided by Jiraiya and Kakashi"... priceless

I have a dad and college professors, can I be Jesus?

I has anyone mentioned the "Chosen One who brings about a revolution in the Ninja world" thing for Naruto yet? That might be the only religious reference I see, and it obvious still isn't rooted in Christianity.
    On the other hand, there are echoes of orthodox Judaism in this as well - the awaited Messiah, a new prophet who would lead the degraded and defeated People Israel into a new era of prosperity... Naruto, Konoha. For that matter, depending on your stake in the Jewish-Christian interpretation of Old Testament scripture, this still fits - however laterally - into a Christian-symbolic interpretation.

While it is distinctly possible to shoehorn vaguely symbolic images (i.e. Sasuke's Mangekyo Sharingan) into allegorical meanings (as Roku-Sage was apparently doing for laughs in the OP), things like this fit because the archetypes *are* universal. What this means to any given reader depends largely on whatever philosophical school you identify with.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    "Impartiality is a pompous name for indifference, which is an elegant name for ignorance."
    ~:GK Chesterton:~

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Banned
    I saw the same thread posted in Naruto Fan. I hope you were the one who posted it.
    Anyway great thread and i agree 100%. I think i am going to make a similar thread.

Cockney Geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by stewchan View Post
    Hate to get on the band wagon but I do see references showing in what has been said.

As for the ressurection that MAY be portayed IF the kyuubi gets extracted from Naruto and he gets up to live again like Gaara.
    Resurrection happened, because Jesus was the Messiah. Which means he was the creater himself.

Naruto is not a creater, except for sexy no jutsu. And that event didn't happen, nor will it happen.

The whole point of the resurrection, is to illustrate how Jesus is sinless and is not defeated by sin. Naruto, ... no!

Its not that the lifes of Jesus are supposed to be the same just on a parallel path. Jesus spoke and was guided by the voice of God, not God him/herself, just like Jiraiya and Kakashi were the guides for Naruto. It's not exact or to be looked at exact, yet you have to give credit to the similarities
    If you're looking at the Islamic perspective of Christ, then yes.

But there are no historical evidence to back the islamic perspective that Christ was just a prophet. All that was made up, by someone claiming to have a vision that God said something, which could equally be as accurate as me on a friday in Europe smoking the magic mushroom.

How on earth do you quantify that Christ was being guided by God's voice and that he wasn't God himself??? It's not a good place to talk about it.

There is no similarities, Christ taught in the temple to higher teachers. Naruto is being taught by seniors and being hated by them. Christ was persecuted for being Good, Naruto was persecuted for being responsible for the Kyuubi.

They're very different.

In spoilers as I dont want to cause offence to any religious people out there, this is purely just to show similarities so dont look if you feel you maybe offended.

Spoiler!

"There is no GOD but GOD."

Quote Originally Posted by WiSeMaN View Post
    "There is no GOD but GOD."
    Each to their own. My God would kill me if she saw me slacking from my college work

Quote Originally Posted by stewchan View Post
    Each to their own. My God would kill me if she saw me slacking from my college work
    That's really messed up.