Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I voted. I expect you all to do your part to keep this contest goin. ^_^

Edit: Also posted both of my entries for DOTM #3. I expect great work from the rest of you. I can't wait to see what you all can do!

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

We got too many DoTM thread and CotM threads I'm a bit lost. I entered two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post

I just voted. Even if you didn't enter the contest vote.
    I like this banner. I should keep it for future use.

So yes, do vote! :> You'll make us very happy mods.

Quote Originally Posted by line View Post
    wee...too late for me to join..

When will the new month start? hehehe.. Can't wait to join...for the fun of it..

Pure drawing...no color, no PS, just pencil, pen and paper....good good good
    The awesome thing about our system is that a new one starts as an old one ends. Be sure to check both the colour and B&W threads! ^^
    Last edited by ImotoChan; 06-18-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Beer and Music
    Just did my voting..hope ppl voted for mine^^
    Well yeah..idk if I should enter the new DotM...I wanna enter both but idk what to enter with, can someone remove my entry to the coloring of the month, I wanna use that for the new DotM color

And uhh, hate to sound like an ass, but shouldn't Hand Banana's entry be taken off the new DotM, it was done with photoshop, I thought it was DRAWING OF THE MONTH, u know.traditional art

Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    Just did my voting..hope ppl voted for mine^^
    Well yeah..idk if I should enter the new DotM...I wanna enter both but idk what to enter with, can someone remove my entry to the coloring of the month, I wanna use that for the new DotM color

And uhh, hate to sound like an ass, but shouldn't Hand Banana's entry be taken off the new DotM, it was done with photoshop, I thought it was DRAWING OF THE MONTH, u know.traditional art
    Using a tablet is pretty much the same as drawing with pencil and paper. If he did use PS then odds are he put the lines down with pencil first and then went over them. Pencil lines don't transition well via a scanner so I could see his reason for doing so. I think the entry should be left up.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Beer and Music
    It may be like drawing with pencil n paper but still, it should be traditional, idk, I don't see a couple of program tools and clicks as art:/

Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    Using a tablet is pretty much the same as drawing with pencil and paper. If he did use PS then odds are he put the lines down with pencil first and then went over them. Pencil lines don't transition well via a scanner so I could see his reason for doing so. I think the entry should be left up.
    Correcto. Lineart is here done in pencil. But I redone it in PS.

If its a big deal she can switch the two.

It may be like drawing with pencil n paper but still, it should be traditional, idk, I don't see a couple of program tools and clicks as art:/
    Oh I think a computer can be used to make some wonderful art. Just look at our very own sig makers. I see some wonderful things on dA as well done with digital tools. Most anime these days is done with digital tools as well and the visuals are phenominal. Both are just different ways of expression and I think that both people that do digital and traditional work should be acknowledged for the work they put in and be seen as skilled artists.

@Hand Banana: I think it's fine just the way it is. But whether or not it stays is ultimately not up to me. :/

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Beer and Music
    ^ and see, I think the exact opposite, yeah u can make sweet fuckin images with Ps and crap but to me its not art, cause if it was like. That, then ANYONE can called an artist, and that's not cool at all, like recently, any idiot taking pictures claims they are a photographer, that's crap, its like stealing from the actual photographers that worked their asses off, same goes for traditional art and..digital stuff, anyoen can click and do all sorts of things with a drawing program, BUT not anyone can draw, that's a real talent, not learning how to use a program, there's even online tutorials and written tutorials on how to use corel paint and Ps..so imo digital stuff..NOT art

^ and see, I think the exact opposite, yeah u can make sweet fuckin images with Ps and crap but to me its not art, cause if it was like. That, then ANYONE can called an artist, and that's not cool at all, like recently, any idiot taking pictures claims they are a photographer, that's crap, its like stealing from the actual photographers that worked their asses off, same goes for traditional art and..digital stuff, anyoen can click and do all sorts of things with a drawing program, BUT not anyone can draw, that's a real talent, not learning how to use a program, there's even online tutorials and written tutorials on how to use corel paint and Ps..so imo digital stuff..NOT art
    I can see where you're coming from but I think you're giving the people that really do it too little credit. I've done work on the computer myself and I've seen others do the same. The amount of work they put in is staggering and they really should be credited for the work. As far as tutorials go I've seen a fair share of traditional drawing tutorials as well.

I'm gonna disagree with you and say yes, anyone can be an artist. Just like anyone can be an actor, a soccer player, a programmer, etc. If you put in the hard work and are dedicated then you can basically do whatever you want. It's all about willpower.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList