Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redstrife View Post
    Only 7 votes ... that's disappointing, given the fact that the thread had several hundred views.

The reason I didn't vote was I felt it was wrong to vote in a contest I entered >_>
    It's not wrong for you to vote. It's only wrong for you to vote for yourself.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Is there any way to maybe start a stickied poll and advertise it in the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece sections when it's that time of the week?

I think it would be more effective to involve those who. . . aren't involved. . .

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravona View Post
    When this competition opened I was really pleased with the amount of involvement you guys showed with this new competition.

But, I can't say that I'm at all pleased now. DotM #1 had 16 participants, but only 7 of you voted despite having a whole week to do something that takes 5 minutes. -.-
    If this goes on we'll be forced to take drastic measures.
    That's very disappointing. I get pissed just by knowing that.

Quote Originally Posted by redstrife View Post
    Only 7 votes ... that's disappointing, given the fact that the thread had several hundred views.

The reason I didn't vote was I felt it was wrong to vote in a contest I entered >_>
    That's ridiculous. It's like saying that no one else can win if you're in a competition. With all those entries....just ignore yours and vote for the top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
    Is there any way to maybe start a stickied poll and advertise it in the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece sections when it's that time of the week?

I think it would be more effective to involve those who. . . aren't involved. . .
    A poll isn't necessary. Whether or not you participate, you can vote.

I agree with drastic measures Rav.

Oh yeah...congrats to ydoc, arisato-kun and guy. Good job~
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Gratz to my co-worker. He isn't here to accept his award. But I will say I was the inspiration and model for his drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arhazivory View Post
    Whether or not you participate, you can vote.
    That's the thing though. . . People outside the contest may not know that. . .
    Are people who aren't participating in the actual contest voting?

It should be checked if anyone outside the contest (aside from the section mods maybe) voted. . . If the seven people that voted were all participants in the contest, then it's clear the voting period needs more exposure. . . and what better time to advertise than during the releases of the big three shonen series. . .

It should be checked if anyone outside the contest (aside from the section mods maybe) voted. . . If the seven people that voted were all participants in the contest, then it's clear the voting period needs more exposure. . . and what better time to advertise than during the releases of the big three shonen series. . .
    The voting uses the system as all the other contest. Anyone especially who doesn't participate in said contest can vote. Also its been going on for a month. Are you suggestion tv ads? Or web ads? From the amount of views it generated there was plenty enough exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    The voting uses the system as all the other contest. Anyone especially who doesn't participate in said contest can vote. Also its been going on for a month. Are you suggestion tv ads? Or web ads? From the amount of views it generated there was plenty enough exposure.
    Those views could be from the creative center frequenters for all we know. . . I've never really noticed more than 10 or so people viewing the entire creative center section at a time. . .

I'm suggesting just some sort of reminder (stickied locked thread headlining the popular sections) to people that they can vote. . . and by doing it in the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece sections during their busiest time frames, we're inviting the masses who may not have known about these contests. . . More potential participants wouldn't hurt. . .

Those views could be from the creative center frequenters for all we know. . . I've never really noticed more than 10 or so people viewing the entire creative center section at a time. . .

I'm suggesting just some sort of reminder (stickied locked thread headlining the popular sections) to people that they can vote. . . and by doing it in the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece sections during their busiest time frames, we're inviting the masses who may not have known about these contests. . . More potential participants wouldn't hurt. . .

If you can talk either the individual mods of those sections or a global to sticky something completely unrelated in a particular section then all the more power to you. However it is highly unlikely.

Well maybe if Rav would come on IRC I would vote. Or if I'd been around when/if Imotochan asked. ^_^'

We will do no such thing. Anything art-related will be in the Creative Center, and in the Creative Center only.

I'd like to point out that without votes, there can't be any winners, which defeats the purpose of a competition. When it defeats the purpose of the competition, there is no point to the competition. Hence, no competition.

In other words, there might be no more DotM.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar

Well...anyone who reads the contest entry thread will know. If a person is too lazy to read the rules then they won't know anything now would they? There is more than enough exposure.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21