Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    We can't assume anyone who reads the contest entry thread will vote. . . We also can't assume everyone who reads the contest thread is a member of this site. . . VBulletin's "thread views," tallies the total number of views a thread has. . . including multiple views by the same user and guest views. . .

Guests always outnumber active members, and although there's almost 79,000 members on this site, it's always the same hundred or so members that log in. . . Of the seven people viewing the creative center right now, I'm the only member. . . Factoring that in, it's easy to imagine where those views came from. . .

So the reason there aren't a lot of physical votes is because the people who actually participated entered on whim and have no intentions of entering again. . . or personal reasons. . . and because guests can't vote. . .

Maybe someone could change that "Drawing Competition Anyone?" thread to a "Vote for your favorite." thread.

Beer and Music
    xD not even i voted..lol my pride wouldnt let me vote for someone else when im in the same compettition
    hmm..yeah this is why ive been thinking to stop uploading my art here...damn guest prolly theiving off our work..we should f*ck them up!

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravona View Post
    When this competition opened I was really pleased with the amount of involvement you guys showed with this new competition.

But, I can't say that I'm at all pleased now. DotM #1 had 16 participants, but only 7 of you voted despite having a whole week to do something that takes 5 minutes. -.-
    If this goes on we'll be forced to take drastic measures.
    Quote Originally Posted by redstrife View Post
    Only 7 votes ... that's disappointing, given the fact that the thread had several hundred views.

The reason I didn't vote was I felt it was wrong to vote in a contest I entered >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    xD not even i voted..lol my pride wouldnt let me vote for someone else when im in the same compettition
    hmm..yeah this is why ive been thinking to stop uploading my art here...damn guest prolly theiving off our work..we should f*ck them up!

I think I've found our problem. Everyone if you enter a competition that doesn't mean that you can't vote. The only wrong thing to do is vote for yourself. Just pick the three you like best. Literally takes 5 minutes. If we don't get enough voters then odds are, like Imoto said, DOTM will come to an end.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I have a suggestion. Instead of PM voting, how about using polls?

1. Set up a thread where you can submit your artwork. Keep this thread open for submissions for about a month or so.
    2. After a month, open up a new poll thread [or convert submission thread to a poll thread, whichever is easier]. The choices for the poll will be artwork entered in that one month period.
    3. Have the poll thread open about a week or so.

I think this method is even easier, and takes about a second. Perhaps it'll encourage more votes? What do you guys think?

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Can't do polls because there is a limit to how many options you can setup for.

Oh yeah, that's right -_-

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

Quote Originally Posted by redstrife View Post
    I have a suggestion. Instead of PM voting, how about using polls?
    With polls:

- You can only vote for 1 person. We implemented a Top Three system so that every submission gets a fair judgement. I'd prefer to give chances to all submissions, because I know hard work went into them.

- Results to the poll can be seen, even if you can't see who the voters are. Some people get the idea that they can tie the votes or break a tie, just for the sake of doing so, amongst other similar actions. That isn't very fair now, is it?

- And yes, the limit to the number of options, as Hand Banana said.

PM voting just keeps thing private, you're safe to vote for whomever you want, and not give in to peer pressure and such. But I'm open to suggestions if anyone feels that PMing the votes seems a tad tedious.

It seems as if the current system is best.

I went ahead and placed my votes for CotM 5, and it really isn't tedious at all. We just need more voters.

Currently Reading:

congrats for the winners ^_^

and those who didn't vote in DOTM#1, you better vote this time >=/

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    So the deadline is almost upon us. Are you guys gonna vote now or am I gonna have to....."persuade" you all.....

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList