Thread: Rushed?

Rushed?

Some of this may be spoilers for people who haven't read through CP9 arc, most of it is speculation, and rumor though

Anybody else feeling like this arc is being rushed? I didn't really get into it until the middle part and since meeting Moria (A Shichibukai) happened right after the CP9 arc... I can't help but feel that it's being rushed a little. Especially since one of the Shichibukai *was* apparently partners with Arlong and they're next destination (unless something occurs right after this arc) is mermaid island, which will probably introduce yet another Shichibukai, Jimbei (Speculated whaleshark fishman, according to some communities, and wiki). Of course, if this gets the Straw Hats into the second half of the grand line then I probably won't mind.

Just a feeling I got, though. Opinions?
    "The wired might actually be thought of as a highly advanced upper layer of the real world. In other words, physical reality is nothing but an illusion, a hologram of the information that flows to us through the wired."

--Playing as an online 'devil's advocate' since 1998.--

The next island is Fishman Island.

I don't think this arc is being rushed. To me it's a welcomed change of pace.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Well, like I said I don't really mind it--especially if it gets into the next part of Grand line faster, which is something I'm really looking forward to. ^_^ ('Cuz only the strongest are really going to be there.) This arc is pretty enjoyable, especially after Luffy's first encounter with a zombie. I just felt like it was being rushed with Moria, but then now that I think about it Alabasta arc WAS quite a while back, so it is about time Luffy met another Shichibukai.
    "The wired might actually be thought of as a highly advanced upper layer of the real world. In other words, physical reality is nothing but an illusion, a hologram of the information that flows to us through the wired."

I think it's going at a good pace.

Not dragged, not rushed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    The next island is Fishman Island.

I don't think this arc is being rushed. To me it's a welcomed change of pace.
    i agree with that.

Initiate
    probably it's like fillers before new arc begin.

There are seven Shichibukai in total, it took an entire saga last time to take out one of the seven. If the current arc does not exist, it would create an impression that Oda is trying to drag out the series(seven Shichibukai? Seven Sagas? What about the poor Yonkou and the Admirals?). In my opinion, this arc is perfectly paced. One arc is all Moria's ugly ass deserves.

Besides, it also makes sense somehow. Fishman Island is an island peacefully inhabited by Fishmen and Mermen, thereby it makes sense that it is an island that is undisrupted by human interference. Following that logic, there must be some sort of nature defence surrounding that island which wards against human. That natural defence is called the Florian Triangle. And also accordingly, it is perfectly logical for a criminal to be hiding behind the natural defence. And that criminal is a Shichibukai, as no one else possesses enough power to secure such a place. With Straw Hats' luck, it was also perfectly logical that they found a signal barrel. So all in all, this arc is perfectly logical, non-rushed. Then again, I am simply over-thinking.

One Piece is entirely not rushed, how could it be, it has been going on for years and has many years to come. It is one of the better paced Mangas out if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_atom_5 View Post
    One Piece is entirely not rushed, how could it be, it has been going on for years and has many years to come. It is one of the better paced Mangas out if you ask me.
    Please note that I did not say that One Piece itself was being rushed. I was referring directly to the current arc and the arc that--could-- (speculation) be following. Regardless, I'll have to wait and see if my gut feeling is right.