Thread: Apophis?

Apophis?

Well i was talking to my friend on Aim and he brought this up at first i didnt know what he said and when he told me i didnt remember So its an asteroid coming towards Earth

Before there was an Asteroid that passed us in 1908 and we didnt know bout it till it passed by and a part of it Exploded of a Forest causing 800 Miles of it too be gone

It was called the Siberia Explosion
    http://www.psi.edu/projects/siberia/siberia.html

The fact is that this new Asteroid "Apophis" is suppose to be 7 times Bigger then that one, 350 times wider and is heading towards earth. They Believe its going to hit/pass us in 2029

My friend says if it doesnt Hit us, it would be closer on passing us then the Satellites in Space that we would be able to see it at night so yea it be that close

He also says if it misses/passes us the gravity of Earth and the other planets are going to send it right back at us 7 years later

scientists say they'll know more about Apophis in 2013 which is sucky

They say it was discovered in 2004 and they knew it was coming to Earth and the Chances of it hitting us was 1 in over 450,000

Now 5 Years later the new Chances are 1 in 45,000 Its still big but thats a huge drop right there

More Info on Apophis
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

Do u think we will get Hit in the Near Future or will we find a way to kill this giant Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

2029? Thats enough time to train a group of SEALS to attack and destroy it before it hits us.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Retired Administrator
    If I die in 2029, then well, I am shocked I made it that long.

I have enough shit to worry about, I can't worry about things I have no control over. It is also entirely more likely that a milk truck will plow through my wall killing me as I type this.... well not today!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

Oh noes! We gotta build a giant lazer!
    To-love-ru >>> One Piece

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    2029? Thats enough time to train a group of SEALS to attack and destroy it before it hits us.
    What we need is Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck in a giant ship with a big fucking drills, and a black president...we already got 1 of them., now we just need the other.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dokuro no Kishi View Post
    Oh noes! We gotta build a giant lazer!
    Class

20 years ago the height of our technology was an 8 bit NES. I think 20 years in the future we should have something that can help with this problem. Hell 20 years from now we might live on the moon and say fuck what happens here. (doubtful)

That kind of shit does scare me though. I'm not sure why. Hearing things like the sun is going to blow up or things like that creep me out. Anything thing that deals with space and natural disasters scares the shit out of me. Maybe because of the scale its on and the fact that there is no control over it.

on a side note. Couldn't a giant trampolene just sling shot it back where it came from. DUH

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    20 years ago the height of our technology was an 8 bit NES.
    Height of technology available to general public, perhaps. Your point is still somewhat valid, though.
    To-love-ru >>> One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    on a side note. Couldn't a giant trampolene just sling shot it back where it came from. DUH

Uhh wouldnt that take many many years to build?

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.