Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

most evolved character

Who do you believe is the most evolved character. The sources can be tv, film, manga, or even video game. Although the latter is really hard to justify.

I've heard alot of talk of naruto changing as a character and even characters from bleach etc. So I would like to hear who you think has changed the most from start to finish (or recent).

The character that comes to mind for me would be Cordelia Chase from the tv show Angel. Especially if you take her character from Buffy as the start point.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Marc Remillard from Julian May's Galactic Milieu and Saga of the Exiles series. Born into an age were humanity is the newest race in a large galactic council, which is headed by a mysterious incorporeal race, he's the second most powerful human psychic of all time and a human supremecist who sees his younger brother Jon as humanity's true potential (Jon was born riddled with cancer and almost died at a very young age as his body broke down, but managed to sustain himself as a disembodied brain, he is also - you guessed it - the only "human" more powerful than Marc) and leads a rebellion of human psychics against the interspecies council which he loses and flees through the only time portal in the galaxy which is a one-way gate to Pliocene France where he becomes - along with the rest of his failed rebels - a recluse who telepathically communicates and manipulates other "exiles" (People who through crime, depression or the romance they attach to the concept of an ancient unspoiled Earth chose to take the one way ticket to Pliocene earth), it is vaguely hinted that after six million years, sustained by his mental power, he becomes Atoning Unifex, leader of the aforementioned incorporeal race and head of the galactic council.

So he changes physically from being a male French-Canadian to a disembodied cosmic entity and mentally progresses from nice young guy, to overly doting older brother, to creepy experimenty guy, to full-blown racist, to sociopathic warleader, to depressed demigod, to omniscient and benevolent cosmic overseer and family ghost, and he does this over the course of six million years whilst at times co-existing with and manipulating himself to rebel against him and therefore bring about the events that lead him to later create galactic unity. Yeah, it's convoluted...

Charizard, from Pokemon he went from Charmander to Charmeleon to Charizard...

@binky, is Galactic Milieu and Saga of the Exiles only a book or has it become a movie yet?

jack from lost. i dont know if this would be a spoiler but, he's had a complete 180^o in his belief system. and it was amazing to watch it happen. lost takes place after a plane crashes on an island for those of you who dont know. jack used to be a scientific person who only believed in what he saw, what he could explain...and his fellow crash mate, John, was a person who believes in destiny, fate, and a believer things beyond explanation. but when Jack left the island, he heard that John died or committed suicide. and so Jack then came back to the island...and now hes the exact opposite person

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Link from Orcarina of time, he went from ordinary child to hero, then hero of time! 7 years he had to travel and in the end no one even knew he saved the world. Then to finish it off he had to go through another quest in majora's mask. He must have been pissed
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic254_5.gif

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    @binky, is Galactic Milieu and Saga of the Exiles only a book or has it become a movie yet?
    Two series of books, and quite obscure ones, so no movie will ever be made (Man, it'd be cool though, the psychics are quite, quite awesome in this), The Saga of the Exiles is about a team of people who go through the time gate for various reasons (One is a paleontologist who wants to see what the animals he studied were actually like, one refused to answer a distress signal when they were in space, so gets sentenced to it, there's a guy who finds out his girlfriend went through a few weeks before and follows etc. There are some wonky reasons as well, they meet a climber who wanted to climb Everest back then because it would be bigger before erosion and they meet a guy who believes Aslan told him to go back, as in Aslan the Lion from the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe >_>) Obviously it's technically sci-fi, but it comes across very like an epic fantasy book, with a huge cast of characters, the little guy becoming King, huge army destroying powers and a lot of mythological references, since the humans back then aren't alone... Dun, dun, dun.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saga_of_Pliocene_Exile

The second is the Galactic Milieu series, which starts off at around our time (Maybe set a few years ago actually, I can't remember too well) with the main character being one of the first ever psychics (A feeble one) and goes through all the events of the first psychics messing everything on Earth up, then the alien civilisation contacting humans all the way through to the rebellion and the fallout. This one is obviously more sci-fi, with a war, some politics, a few murder mystery bits and horror thrown in.

I must re-read them now...
    Last edited by Binky; 04-15-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Charizard, from Pokemon he went from Charmander to Charmeleon to Charizard...
    No, it's Gyarados. He started out as the weak Magikarp. Now look at him, Stronger than most pokemon.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post

jack from lost. i dont know if this would be a spoiler but, he's had a complete 180^o in his belief system. and it was amazing to watch it happen. lost takes place after a plane crashes on an island for those of you who dont know. jack used to be a scientific person who only believed in what he saw, what he could explain...and his fellow crash mate, John, was a person who believes in destiny, fate, and a believer things beyond explanation. but when Jack left the island, he heard that John died or committed suicide. and so Jack then came back to the island...and now hes the exact opposite person
    enough said...

p.s: to the pokemon posts => ROFL

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I'm gonna go with Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss. He started out as nothing but a spoiled brat. He didn't want to fight, he thought only of himself and he could never bring himself to do what needed to be done. After a certain event he cut his hair and began to change. By the end he was his own man and ready to sacrifice himself for the world. Well developed character IMO.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    No, it's Gyarados. He started out as the weak Magikarp. Now look at him, Stronger than most pokemon.
    3 evolutions > 2