Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New Series Discussion

This might end up as a useless thread but I wanted to make it for talking about the new anime every season (I don't like making thread after thread for every new anime), as I -among others here- am a bigger fan/follower of anime than I am of manga.

So yeah, a general discussion thread for any new anime.

I'll kick it off and see if any of you guys/gals have anything to say about the less talked about stuff atm.

I watched the first episode of Natsu no Arashi the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it, seen allot of comments on MAL about people not liking the character design and tbh I can't understand why, it's certainly different but I think that's a good thing, I actually think Sayako is pretty hot (the fact that she's played by Shiraishi Ryoko might have something to do with this :x).
    I also loved all the time skipping in it and how they all tied in to various strange parts from earlier in the episode. The abstract way that the sunlight and shadows were cast was a very nice touch as well.
    Lastly, I found the short little flashes they put in of Sayako's belly button very amusing, like subliminal fan service followed by a quick flash of Hajime's outie belly button to ruin the moment.
    Maybe some of the SHAFT staff have a belly button fetish

So anyone else actually enjoy the first ep?
    Feel free to move the subject on to another new anime as well :3

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I didn't really care for it Sangaz. Might be because I'm huge on art style. Though I'm a big story buff if I don't like the art style then the show is a no-go.

I'm not watching nearly as many shows as last season. I've only picked up 4 series. K-On, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragonball Kai and Valkyria Chronicles. I'm actually considering dropping Kai since I've seen it all before and the new "enhanced" version doesn't look all that great outside the OP and ED.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I am taking a tour of what Crunchyroll has to offer because I'm too lazy to download and it's faster to stream. So I thought, Mahjong, how quaint. I couldn't even finish half of the first episode of Saki. Awkward yuri fanservice + obvious character cliches + making the mahjong look epic (from what I hear) = doesn't really cut it for me. I might go back to it for the lulz though.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    I am taking a tour of what Crunchyroll has to offer because I'm too lazy to download and it's faster to stream. So I thought, Mahjong, how quaint. I couldn't even finish half of the first episode of Saki. Awkward yuri fanservice + obvious character cliches + making the mahjong look epic (from what I hear) = doesn't really cut it for me. I might go back to it for the lulz though.
    I heard Saki wasn't that great as well. I think now I'll just completely steer clear.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    So, it's Beyblade, B-DaMan, and YugiOh but with mahjong instead?

I can imagine the hilarity.

I picked up Fullmetal Alchemist, 07-Ghost and Eden of the East for this season. Liking them so far, but still kind of early to judge.

Couldn't we have used this thread btw?
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/sho...t=11046&page=4

For this season i piked up Fullmetal Alchemist, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom (not bad) and Hatsukoi Limited (very fanny) .

pouring like an avalanche, coming down the mountain
    I don't really do the comedy genre very often so...

Recommend:
    Full Metal Alchemist Remake (decent so far)
    Guin Saga (absurdly awesome first episode)
    Eden of the East (beautiful animation and intriguing plot, too bad it's going to be short)

Don't Recommend:
    Valkyria Chronicles (heard the game was good, but the anime isn't)
    07 Ghost (almost dropped. pretty cookie-cutter characters in shounen-ai angst fest. the setting is interesting though. awful action)

Undecided On:
    Shangri-La: Quite a disappointment so far. More confusing than entertaining, but there's certainly room for it to redeem itself.
    Phantom: Just... I have no feelings about it...

I am also enjoying the few episodes of the Melancholy of Haruhi-Chan that come out every now and then, and the Nyoron Churuya-san. Short and pretty mindless and very fun for people who enjoyed Haruhi.

The Earth has great beauty. The animals known as humans have acquired such strength that they even think about controlling this planet for themselves. From the point of a planet's life, the life of a living thing lasts no more than an instant. But, in the end, it is only themselves that humans can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    So, it's Beyblade, B-DaMan, and YugiOh but with mahjong instead?

I can imagine the hilarity.
    With yuri fanservice being forcefed through your throat. Which isn't even appealing btw, I mean the girl has breasts so disproportionate (or just big) that it's annoying.

I think Shangri-la as well as a couple of other series are making the mistake by confusing people early, promising that everything will be revealed in time. So much that I think it's getting a bit cliche.
    Last edited by [Cross]; 04-15-2009 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
    Couldn't we have used this thread btw?
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/sho...t=11046&page=4
    This isn't for talking just about the spring season, It's for whenever there's new stuff airing =.=

@masa, I enjoyed Guin Saga too, setting a tree on fire by ploughing a mans armored head across it, that scene left me grinning from ear to ear.

I didn't mind Saki either tbh, Nodaka's bewbs do look ridiculous though, and it did feel very overdramatic, but I still enjoyed the first episode.

Rather than list all the new stuff I've tried, I'll just link this,
    http://myanimelist.net/history/Sangaz
    Most of the new ones are under last week, the only anime I haven't liked so far is Hanasakeru Seishounen, can't put my finger on what I didn't like about it but for the whole first episode I was thinking "when the fuck is it gunna end".

I'd best get Hatsukoi watched and see what I think of it :/