Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Hmm... Probably shouldnt post any info about a spoiler outside of the spoiler threads.. not yet, anyway.. Luckily, I stopped reading.. But at least put it in a spoiler button and say what its about.. :-p

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    My main gripe about Bleach atm is that it is only on a 2 week break... Take fukin 37 weeks Kubo and come back with something resembling a well writen story
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

Decidedly Undecided
    Know what I'm sick of?

How bipolar Bleach readers are.

Good Chapter Reaction:OMG THIS CHAPTER IS AWSOME!!! KUBO IS A GOD!!!

Anything Else:WHY IS KUBO STILL DOING THIS?! THIS IS THE WORST CHAPTER EVER!!! BUT I'M GONNA KEEP READING JUST TO MOCK HIM!

Seriously. Pick a side and stay there.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Actually the fact that Kubo is so inconsistant is one of my main problems. On one side he will do the turning back the pendulum arc which was awesome and well written. Then every chapter since then has been useless.

If he didn't have the potential to do a great story I wouldn't read but since he is capable. it's annoying that he doesn't take the time to think things through

It's really cool how every Bleach reader seems to be able to read Kubo's mind.

Like they know exactly when Kubo isn't thinking things through.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki_Tim View Post
    Actually the fact that Kubo is so inconsistant is one of my main problems. On one side he will do the turning back the pendulum arc which was awesome and well written. Then every chapter since then has been useless.

If he didn't have the potential to do a great story I wouldn't read but since he is capable. it's annoying that he doesn't take the time to think things through
    Or maybe he isn't inconsistent, he just isn't writing in a direction you are liking.

NOTICE. THE REST OF THE STUFF BELOW IS NOT SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSED TO ANYONE.

And to be honest, I'm sick and tired of it too. People are free to agree and disagree over what is good art (writing a manga is art, not just the shiny pictures!), but complaining that Bleach sucks was so 2006. It has become a social discourse, people just do it because people just do it. It's almost like some odd religious fundamentalism, a hegemonic discourse people are not free to question.

This is the only forum on the internet I've seen which discusses Bleach and managed to somehow get rid of most of the moaners.

I mean. If you think it sucks so much, then WHY in the world are you reading it? It's almost like people read Bleach just so they CAN bitch about it. Yet no one seems to be able to tell exactly what sucks so much about Bleach! Everyone is like, but the story currently sucks, but no one not once can point out WHY it sucks or HOW it sucks. It just sucks because it isn't in your liking and because you've joined the hegemonic discourse of Bleach perpetually sucking. Yet if it does suck so much, then why do people still keep reading? It can't be mere hope that Kubo will go back and write like he "used to", oh, notice the fine essentialist argument here, because he won't. It's like when people bitch about Metallica not writing the music they used to, and then when they try in order to please their fans, it still sucks! An artist cannot go back in time and do things the way things "used to be", any kind of art goes in a direction - that of forward progression. Kubo hasn't written like he did during the SS arc for years, and he obviously won't return to that format anytime soon. So why don't you just quit it? I don't get it. It's one of these fathomless things, like why I can't get why some people insist to not be racist yet fully accept a racist discourse and just replace race with culture. The essentialist argument is still there, just under a new guise. Another name. And this applies to Bleach bitching.

Honestly. I think most people SECRETELY enjoy Bleach. More than they sometimes want to admit. Because hey, we can't be strangers and break the hegemonic discourse of Bleach sucking. There is something that you still like or you wouldn't be reading it. Plain and simple. Being unable to identify it is YOUR problem, and obviously does not warrant "IT SUX SO MUCH!!!!!!11" in every new chapter thread.

I've dropped several mangas because they stopped interesting me. Mangas that many seem to consider greater than Bleach. It doesn't say so much about quality, but it says a lot about what people think they think they like. No honey, it's not an odd expression. It might just take some time to understand what I mean. People just seem to think they like Death Note more than they might actually do, because everyone praises Death Note so much you can't be that odd stranger to not like Death Note. Heresy! Or same with Naruto. For some reason, a complete opposite discourse was developed for Bleach. Maybe because Kubo is actually a BETTER writer than what you think. Yeah. Actually. That Kubo does not necessarily want to follow a similar way to write Bleach like Kishimoto writes Naruto. That's called originality, and you know what? People have frowned upon originality whenever it is encountered BECAUSE IT CHALLENGES THE CURRENT SOCIAL DISCOURSE OF GOOD ART.

It usually takes years way after the original art was published to the public for the public to be able to appreciate it. Maybe Kubo is just waaaaaaaay ahead of your time. And you aren't getting it. Hence the bitching. Does this mean that I am implying that Bleach is perfect? No. I'm not. I'm well aware of its many flaws. But if you can't accept that Kubo wants to do Bleach differently than how other shounen writers do their thing, it's YOUR problem, NOT Kubo's.

Now beat that bitching bitches.

To be fair, I can see why people would feel the need to gratuitously bash on Bleach.

But doing it repeatedly and then continuing to read it then bash it under the pretense that "You just want to see how it ends"? Isn't that kinda immature? There are better manga for you out there for you to waste your time on.

You are a funny man Leat ;P. It's fun to read posts of poeple who are as passionate as you, yet don't write a gigantic walls of text.

The truth is that bitching is in human nature. Some people bitch because of bitching, it's their way to loosen their stress, to relax. It helps them mentally overcome some work, hindrance, obstacle or something else.

Who knows ? Maybe an angel came down from heavens with a word from Him:
    "Kubo, I'm tired of people's bitching. If you manage to create a work that people could bitch about and stoped bitching to me, then your place in heaven would be assured"
    (sorry if this joke offended anyone).

So seeing as this thread is the bitch about bleach thread I would have asumed that it was a pretty appropriate place to vent a bit of frustration on the lame(in my opionion) road bleach took.

If you don't want to hear people bitching about bleach then this is probably a bad thread to be in...

To me, there is a clear difference in criticizing Bleach and just bitching about it. I don't mind people who criticize and do it properly, e.g. give reasons why they think it is justified. Most people don't do it at all, and those people frustrate me to no end.

During HM arc, a majority of all readers on this forum wrote something like "Bleach sucks" in the chapter thread. The posts contain no effort, which to me indicate that these people got no real reason to dislike Bleach more than everyone else doing it. And how original is that? (Multiple posts like that warranted this thread. As it turns out, few of those people could actually show enough effort to post those posts in the proper place, so they just stopped posting all together because their opinions were not supported nor wanted! In other forums, people just constantly create this odd feedback loop with "Bleach sucks" "Yeah I think so too" and that's the deepest level of discusssion you'll ever see.)

And by the way, my way of losing stress is to usually write wall of posts