Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    I believe aizen worded it something like "What they dont know is that it can be awakened for a few short seconds with someone having about twice the reiastu level of a captain." or so..

1.75x captain level and 2.5x captain level could be an insanely huge difference.. plus its a rough estimate.. It could be really something only 1.5x and 4-5x depending on how they actually rated it. Im just saying its likely that its around 1.75x and, i guess ill say 3x now.. I never said this was how it was, just an extremely rough estimate considering the situations. When you consider how strong they are.. thats is a huge difference.

Renji is not captain-level. He may have obtained bankai, but if he were to actually become a captain he would be by far the weakest. By a good amount... Hes at like ikkaku's level.. And ikkaku got his towered destroyed.. (yeah, he didnt use his bankai, but still) If they were to become captains, they would definitely lower the power of the 13 captains, overall, by a good bit.

Kubo might have messed up with some of this... Seeing as he made aizen obviously a lot stronger than ichigo. Although, he really might not have. But i consider it like this. If someone is 1.5x stronger than you, smarter than you, more experienced, better, and even trained when you are not, its obvious that the other guy doesnt stand a chance. He has him beat in every level, the weaker one would have to have extreme luck to survive.. Its pretty much that. Stronger guy = aizen, weaker = ichigo.

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Shepherd View Post
    I believe aizen worded it something like "What they dont know is that it can be awakened for a few short seconds with someone having about twice the reiastu level of a captain." or so..

1.75x captain level and 2.5x captain level could be an insanely huge difference.. plus its a rough estimate.. It could be really something only 1.5x and 4-5x depending on how they actually rated it. Im just saying its likely that its around 1.75x and, i guess ill say 3x now.. I never said this was how it was, just an extremely rough estimate considering the situations. When you consider how strong they are.. thats is a huge difference.

Renji is not captain-level. He may have obtained bankai, but if he were to actually become a captain he would be by far the weakest. By a good amount... Hes at like ikkaku's level.. And ikkaku got his towered destroyed.. (yeah, he didnt use his bankai, but still) If they were to become captains, they would definitely lower the power of the 13 captains, overall, by a good bit.

Kubo might have messed up with some of this... Seeing as he made aizen obviously a lot stronger than ichigo. Although, he really might not have. But i consider it like this. If someone is 1.5x stronger than you, smarter than you, more experienced, better, and even trained when you are not, its obvious that the other guy doesnt stand a chance. He has him beat in every level, the weaker one would have to have extreme luck to survive.. Its pretty much that. Stronger guy = aizen, weaker = ichigo.
    I wouldn't say they'd be the weakest. Mayuri and tousen don't exactly scream powerful to me. But it's about what else you bring to the table besides strength. Soi fon isn't exactly the strongest person but she's faster than most and can use her environment to her advantage but aizen made her look pretty average and using momo to do it was even more embarrassing to her credit. And in terms of spirit energy I wouldn't rank her high among captains but it's her other atributes that make up for it. Renji isn't captain material i'll give you that but ikkaku could actually pull it off if he grew up. He has the spiritual energy he just isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Veteran Member
    Thats why Ikkaku isnt captain-level.. he might be pretty strong, but he is really dumb sometimes.. Hes not strong enough to do what kenpachi does.. And he is unwilling to use bankai in too many scenarios.. but he does have a good amount of reiatsu. He also doesnt use kido, either... but you dont really need to. But he would still be quite a bit weaker than the rest, even with his bankai and negating his stupidity.. Mayoris poisons and brains and all that other shit makes him a deadly captain. Tousen was decently strong, his bankai was also extremely deadly if you get caught. Most couldnt do shit in there...

Renji and ikkaku would still be the weakest by a good amount... yeah, they are probably the strongest 2 vice-captains, but they still need to become more powerful to be captains. I mean, renji only managed to scratch byakuya, most other captains would have done more. Ikkaku lost to ichigo just after him entering SS.. (yeah, obvious plot-holes of the strengths when you think about it, though, but still)

I believe renji and ikkaku are pretty much even.. itd be a good fight...

Ikkaku is captain level. Just not qualified to be a captain.

Stop spreading false information. First of all, captain level =/= captain, as kuroihikari pointed out. Both Renji and Ikkaku are at the lowest captain level, which means they are qualified to become captains would they like to, but they are not. They are however at captain level, because they have both achieved bankai.

Secondly, I think tossing in number measurements simply cannot work in Bleach. 1.5 vs 3.0 doesn't cut it. This isn't "VEGETA WHATS HIS POWER LEVEL ITS OVER 9000!!!!!11111". As you said yourself, there is more than power level in Bleach which makes someone a good fighter. Szayel Aporro was physically weaker than Renji and Ishida, but being able to manipulate the environment they were caught in, he still controlled that fight. Not only doesn't power levels mean anything in terms of matchups, trying to measure is an impossible project. Why? Because we have no good scale to measure with. It's not like we know that Renji would be 100 and Hitsugaya 200. It simply doesn't mean anything in the world of Bleach. Matchups matter far more. If an enemy is hard to defeat, then we can assume that enemy is stronger, but we can never tell how strong. And why is that important anyway? Aizen is stronger than Ichigo, please leave it there. You will never be able to figure out how much stronger, and it doesn't add anything to the storyline or understanding Aizen either way.

The only good indication we have is captain level, but the term itself so vague it's a pointless measurement.

Veteran Member
    Achieving bankai doesnt instantly mean you are captain-level, they still have to do the test dont they? True, most would consider it, but look at kenpachi.. he doesnt even have a shikai and he is a strong captain... They are likely to become strong enough to be a captain, but as of now if you were to consider them captain-level they would be pretty damn weak captains, below the norm...

For some reason you have come to the conclusion that i am saying its for sure that amount, 1.5 vs 3... no.. its just likely somewhat near it. Obviously most would conclude it looks like aizen is 5x stronger than ichigo minimum.. then hes also smarter and better at everything than him.

I was just using the facts that had been giving to give a really rough estimation.. Yeah, you can never tell how much stronger anyone is over someone, but you can at least give educated guesses.. Pretty much what im doing.. I never said it was absolute that ichigo is half as strong as aizen no matter what..... :-/

and power level doesnt mean everything in bleach... experience, match-ups and brains, etc all matter...

The numbers refer to reiatsu level... not how good of fighter they are.. reiatsu doesnt ensure you the win in fighting.. Yeah, we wont know numbers unless kubo tells us them.. but we could use whatever numbers we wont, as long as the ratio is correct in their strengths.. Obviously none of us could do that very well.... so it probably wouldnt really be anywhere near correct. Plus itd be a lot of work..

Oh, about how ikkaku isnt captain-level.. If he did manage to pass the test, hed be the weakest fighter in the gotei 13.. as in hed probably lose to all the other captains in a fight.... So.. for the sake of not ruining the term captain-level, i dont consider him captain level, because if i did itd make it too wide of range. Just like i dont consider aizen captain level.. He is probably beyond commander-captain or w/e.. If ichigo had more experience and whatnot, i might actually consider him commander-captain level.. but he isnt quite good enough of a fighter and stuff, so i still consider him just a really strong captain.

Sorry for the longass post. >.< I still agree that aizen is quite a bit stronger than ichigo. I am not even saying that the estimates are really even that close.. but they should be somewhat remotely close.. if you believe what the manga said..

Getting bankai automatically means you're captain level. That means your reiatsu level is enough for you to manifest your bankai. Passing the test means you become a captain. One is a reiatsu-rank and the other is a function rank. Passing an exam and interview doesn't give you additional power.

Getting bankai automatically means you're captain level. That means your reiatsu level is enough for you to manifest your bankai. Passing the test means you become a captain. One is a reiatsu-rank and the other is a function rank. Passing an exam and interview doesn't give you additional power.

This.

I was just using the facts that had been giving to give a really rough estimation.. Yeah, you can never tell how much stronger anyone is over someone, but you can at least give educated guesses.. Pretty much what im doing.. I never said it was absolute that ichigo is half as strong as aizen no matter what..... :-/
    You can't make an educated guess with NOTHING to go on. I don't take your numbers at face value, I very well realize that you just mentioned those as an example. I brought up those as an example to show that numbers mean nothing and such mental activities are in my opinion pointless since you will never arrive at any reasonable conclusion. Then what's even the point thinking about it in the first place?

The numbers refer to reiatsu level... not how good of fighter they are..
    Yes and yes. Which I've been saying all along. But there are also many indicators to show when an opponent is much stronger, for example being unable to follow their speed or when you are unable to cut that person. This is very much the case between Ichigo and Aizen right now. If I say the difference is 1 vs 5 then it's still only metaphorical to show how great the difference is, but it doesn't mean anything in reality because we can never tell if Aizen is indeed five times stronger than Ichigo.

I think the problem Chaos is that you are a really bad Ichigo fanboy and you want him to be or appear stronger than he may necessarily be. That's not stating the facts we've given from the manga, that's wishful thinking at best.

We barely know anything exactly of how strong Ichigo really would be except that

1) His outfit is an indicator of his current strength potential
    2) When at full potential he is stronger than Ulquiorra
    3) He has at least the strength of a captain (he achieved bankai, was stated when he rescued Rukia and restated by Unohana)

There is no way in hell you can draw a conclusion that Ichigo would be as strong as Aizen or close to as strong from these three statements. Notice how Ichigo states that the "path becomes this nice when you make it with captain class reiatsu" (http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/382/03/) and then Unohana says that she misjudged his current level to be of captain level, but is it Renji level or her level? We don't know, the term is too vague. Just to show here how the term is used twice, yet they seem to refer to completely different power levels.

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    all this talk about levels you'd think a dragonball character was around. I don't consider captain a level because it isn't. Captain is simply a title given to a character strong enough to have bankai that passed a quiz or killed another captain, that's it. If renji took the captains exam and passed or killed a captain he'd be one, period. Nothing anyone said about levels wouldn't matter. If kira killed hitsugaya tomorow by some wild fluke he'd be captain. There's no "level", just people who met specific requirements. Now if you want so say that they have the highest levels of power and that ikkakus doesn't match byakuyas then i'd agree but to say there is a captain level sets them too far apart from the others when some who aren't captains are very close.

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    What about Kenpachi?He don't have a bankai.