Page 99 of 144 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1435
  1. #981
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    that speculation at best and kind of irrelevant
    because we know why BB was able to eat two DF because marco said there was something different about his body. thats why he has more than one DF no other reason than that. the only question is how is he different DF or just a genetic freak. that is the real question.
    Except you're trusting the word of a character as fact. Know who said the info about the 2 df's in the manga? the character of Jyabura. Fact until proven dead wrong by BB. Thinking from outside the manga, Sometimes the reason to establish these as facts through the word of mouth of a character is to completely render what has been established as obsolete or never true later on. The question becomes what info about BB did Marco get about BB and from who? Thinking of how clever BB has been this whole time, it wouldn't be impossible that he disseminated false info, for the obvious reason that knowledge is power. And you were right, what I said be4 was speculation but IMO what is stated from a character is speculation as well if it's not expressly shown to be true. Characters can lie, be wrong, have been lied too,turn rumor into fact, or even saw/heard things wrong. This is pretty much established by how the world (of OP in OP) in general sees Luffy. He might be a pirate and Dragon's son but has he ever done something wrong to anyone that a normal OPU character moral code would not dictate they do the same if they had the power to. Yet how is he viewed in the OPU?

    Just saying maybe the obvious questions aren't the only questions to ask, you never know what's irrelevant or not, And Canon might be canon until proven otherwise in general, or B/c of specific circumstances.

  2. #982
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    sigh no
    BB proved nothing wrong because he is different plain and simple. there is something special about BB oda took the time to not just once but several times establish that fact. and the explanation that he gave us the fist time was clear and concise on all accounts. you can speculate if you want but these are just the facts. we know black beard is different and that is why he has more than one DF, marco said so. and ill tell you were he got that info from. 1 he sepent more than 20 years in the same crew as the guy. and 2 it must have been obvious since from the info posted a few pages back luffy and zoro even picked up on it early on. plain and simple we got a clear explanation, nothing else needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #983
    Senior Member joshecalpoly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Anywhere I want to be
    Posts
    1,605
    ^many think its the D and Luffy may get another power. LOL if he does I hopes its a monkey zoan LOL.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

  4. #984
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    there is nothing telling us that it has anything to do with the D's. i have also seen people saying that a few times here and heard about it being said in other forums but luffy is not going to get another DF. there is something special about BB's body. but we should really be back on topic dont you guys think.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #985
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    i shoudn't have posted that picture lol.

    This just proves that blackbeard equates power to df abilities, i can't wait to see luffy vs blackbeard round 3

  6. #986
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    sigh no
    BB proved nothing wrong because he is different plain and simple. there is something special about BB oda took the time to not just once but several times establish that fact. and the explanation that he gave us the fist time was clear and concise on all accounts. you can speculate if you want but these are just the facts. we know black beard is different and that is why he has more than one DF, marco said so. and ill tell you were he got that info from. 1 he sepent more than 20 years in the same crew as the guy. and 2 it must have been obvious since from the info posted a few pages back luffy and zoro even picked up on it early on. plain and simple we got a clear explanation, nothing else needed.
    Really, BB proved nothing wrong. Then that means that you and I have different definitions of the terms proved something wrong. Jyabura said something to the effect that a being cannot digest 2 fruits B/c when they do the 2 Devils from the 2 fruits will fight within the man's body either making it explode, etc., but the end result will be the death of the person who ate 2 DF's. However BB is still alive. No matter the reason for him still being alive, he is still alive, proving the theory that you would die from eating 2 df's wrong, clear and simple! And the "explanation" that Oda-san gave us that there is "something special about BB has been clear and concise on all accounts?" B/c Oda-san told us exactly what is special,(as per your choice of the words "Something special, and different" denote), about him right? and he has totally already explained exactly why this something special made it possible for BB to have 2 DF's and live, right? B/c "something special" and "different aren't the least bit vague, right? I guess I'm just talking that speculation talk again, which is completely different from what you're doing, right?

    And as for your point about Marco, yeah I see your point. Marco knew BB for 20 years so that means he knew every microscopic detail about BB. He knew when he was lying, when he was telling the truth, why he was lying and what he was lying about. He knew the innards of BB in a very intimate way all from being in the crew with him for 20 years. B/c no that is not speculation. Hell WB and Marco knew that BB was gonna betray them the second he got the darkness fruit, come back and kill WB in a war much later all B/c they knew the guy for 20 years. They just chose not to do anything about it. That's not a speculation at all that people know some1 just from spending time with some1 for 20 years. So those wives, friends, families, and neighbors of serial killers and rapists who knew them for 20 yrs or more were just lying when they said they had no idea that the people were serial killers and rapists. They could have totally stopped the murders and rapes be4 they ever happened since they knew the people for so long. And what I said in my last post "Thinking of how clever BB has been this whole time, it wouldn't be impossible that he disseminated false info, for the obvious reason that knowledge is power. And you were right, what I said be4 was speculation but IMO what is stated from a character is speculation as well if it's not expressly shown to be true. Characters can lie, be wrong, have been lied too,turn rumor into fact, or even saw/heard things wrong." couldn't possibly have any merit in this situation, right?

    And the stuff from 2 pages earlier you mentioned are you talking about that 1st confrontation with BB and Luffy and Zolo? Because it is totally not speculation to automatically assume that dct21's explanation of it is the automatic truth? Really no offense to dct21 or any1 else but there is no way it could be possible that the whole "It's not he, It's we" speech by Zolo/Luffy could not possibly refer to the more simple explanation offered up by Nami in the panel right below that? Did people read that as well? That perhaps Zolo/Luffy sensed that BB had nakama hidden within the commoners on Jaya and it would become a much different fight than 1vs1. B/c it's not like we don't know and see later on that Van Auger, the doctor and the muscle bound champion were on the island. Oh wait we kind of do. But it would speculation to assume that these three would be willing to fight for their captain B/c it's not like they group attacked any other character. Oh wait, they kind of did with Ace, huh! But any other theory or explanation not proposed by dct21 must be speculation, right. B/c it is definitely needed to check the meaning of the word speculation, canon, and fact, right?

  7. #987
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    none of that is the point the point is BB is not normal meaning the norms such as not being able to eat to DF's will no apply to him but it does to every one else. weather there are other exceptions to the rule that is another story but, that fact it true to every one else in till proven other wise. that is like saying that since one person can put his hand in to fire and not get burned that no one can be burned by fire and we all know that that is not true. that guy is special that does not mean that the fact that fire can burn you is not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #988
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    ^ if you wet your hand before you put in fire it wont burn you.

  9. #989
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    no the water only buys you some times and most of it gets evaporated B4 you even get you hand close to the fire. i barley got my hand close
    ok fine ill change it
    if you put your hand in fire and leave it there. the point is fire burns you. if some one has something special about them that keeps there skin from being burned that does not mean that fire can not burn people. same with BB and 2 DF's
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #990
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    so blackbeard is a fireman with a fully equiped firesuit lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •