Page 81 of 144 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    So I was in the DF thread and it made me start thinking to back when buggy was going to sell his DF, back then they said DF's sell for 100m each (depending if the effect is known i imagine).

Does anyone else think that 100m beri for a DF is incredibly cheap? ... Luffy and them got 300m from sky island and they only took what they could grab, decent pirates in the NW must have a few 100m lying around.

And like the yonkou should have basically all the money they would ever need, i know some ppl in OPU dont want a DF but why wouldnt a yonkou just buy DF's for all his crew that wants it lol

does it make sense to anyone? why wouldn't rich captains strengthen their men, why wouldn't all of WB's crew not have DF powers.. they only make you stronger, and i think a 'pride' reason would be pretty lame lol
    I think this question doesn't really matter but I'll answer anyway. Granted Buggy did tell he wanted to sold his df for 100 mil, but that was decades ago. We don't know how economy(can't believe I just said that word in OP forums) and money works in OP. 100 mil back then could be 500 mil or even 1 bil today.
    Last edited by arisart; 10-12-2010 at 02:20 AM.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    I don't think this question doesn't really matter but I'll answer anyway. Granted Buggy did tell he wanted to sold his df for 100 mil, but that was decades ago. We don't know how economy(can't believe I just said that word in OP forums) and money works in OP. 100 mil back then could be 500 mil or even 1 bil today.
    yeah plus we know that its hundreds of millions because we were told so by the wolf guy
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think this question doesn't really matter but I'll answer anyway. Granted Buggy did tell he wanted to sold his df for 100 mil, but that was decades ago. We don't know how economy(can't believe I just said that word in OP forums) and money works in OP. 100 mil back then could be 500 mil or even 1 bil today.
    Thanks for answering my meaningless questions o-great one, so kind you are. *facepalms*

And it was at most like, what, 30years ago? I seriously seriously doubt the monetary value dropped by 500% (which is what would be need to make 100m beri's then be 500m beri's today) and it for sure wouldn't had dropped by 1000% (which is whats needed to make 100m into 1b)

The rarity thing cross said may have something to do with it, even then if a DF could be purchased at couple 100m that shows they aren't 'so' rare. Just makes no sense to me captains in the NW, specially yonkou, wouldn't get them for their crews
    Last edited by Airicks; 10-12-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Thanks for answering my meaningless questions o-great one, so kind you are. *facepalms*

And it was at most like, what, 30years ago? I seriously seriously doubt the monetary value dropped by 500% (which is what would be need to make 100m beri's then be 500m beri's today) and it for sure wouldn't had dropped by 1000% (which is whats needed to make 100m into 1b)

The rarity thing cross said may have something to do with it, even then if a DF could be purchased at couple 100m that shows they aren't 'so' rare. Just makes no sense to me captains in the NW, specially yonkou, wouldn't get them for their crews
    and chances are if they were strong enough to make it in to an emperors crew in the first place, they all ready have a DF or are strong enough so that they do not need one and a DF would mess up there powers that are already at a high level and remember a lot of DF are unknown so is a super strong pirate with out one take that chance.
    lets say he is one of the fastest men on earth with out a DF and he eats a stone df or something that makes him really heavy. all because he did not know what it was and his captain made him eat it. he then looses the very thing that made him strong in the first place.

that might be another reason Y emperors do not go out of there way to buy DF's for there crews
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    and chances are if they were strong enough to make it in to an emperors crew in the first place, they all ready have a DF or are strong enough so that they do not need one and a DF would mess up there powers that are already at a high level and remember a lot of DF are unknown so is a super strong pirate with out one take that chance.
    lets say he is one of the fastest men on earth with out a DF and he eats a stone df or something that makes him really heavy. all because he did not know what it was and his captain made him eat it. he then looses the very thing that made him strong in the first place.

that might be another reason Y emperors do not go out of there way to buy DF's for there crews
    Lucci said that there is a very low possibility that a DF will make you weaker. The only people that really should avoid eating a DF are people that swimming is their specialty (like Buggy).

I believe that Thatch didn't know what DF he had on WBs crew and was probably going to eat it until Teach killed him (otherwise Teach would've been able to get the fruit off of him without incurring WB's wrath)... Thatch was a commander on WB's crew, so we know he wasn't week.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    Lucci said that there is a very low possibility that a DF will make you weaker. The only people that really should avoid eating a DF are people that swimming is their specialty (like Buggy).

I believe that Thatch didn't know what DF he had on WBs crew and was probably going to eat it until Teach killed him (otherwise Teach would've been able to get the fruit off of him without incurring WB's wrath)... Thatch was a commander on WB's crew, so we know he wasn't week.
    that is what i said, yes thatch was going to eat it. thats my point a pirate in strong enough to get that far, might not need one im not saying they would not mut the captain wont go as far as to buy a DF for his crew.
    and in the case i gave you that would make the guy weaker. there are specific cases where it could make some one weaker than what they are or set them back a bit or not advance them at all. lucci did say few DF would make you weaker but in certain situations it could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No problem commoner.

Ok my bad, re-read your post and makes sense what you trying to say bout the Yonkou though I do think Buggy underestimated the value of DF( he's young, stupid and still an apprentice who knows little knowledge bout the sea) so using that reference bout how much a df is not really good (that's my problem in the first place)

Like I said we don't know how money works in OP. That a dropped in monetary value that big is possible. I concede though, I'll go with Cross explanation.

sig made by me

No problem commoner.

Ok my bad, re-read your post and makes sense what you trying to say bout the Yonkou though I do think Buggy underestimated the value of DF( he's young, stupid and still an apprentice who knows little knowledge bout the sea) so using that reference bout how much a df is not really good (that's my problem in the first place)

Like I said we don't know how money works in OP. That a dropped in monetary value that big is possible. I concede though, I'll go with Cross explanation.
    thank you and here is some more info on the beli or one piece money
    from wiki

and here are some known prices of thing in one piece
    # One cabbage loaf: 150
    # Bon Chari: renting 500, buying 10,000
    # To rent two Yagara Bulls: 2,000
    # Doskoi Panda brand shirt: 10,000
    # Nami's jacket: 28,800
    # The sword Yubashiri: 1,000,000
    # The sword Sandai Kitetsu: 13,000,000
    # The sword Wadō Ichimonji: 20,000,000
    # To buy Cocoyashi village from Arlong: 100,000,000
    # Rare Adam Wood: 200,000,000 (Black market price)
    (from wiki)

just to give some more insight on the topic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i'm pretty sure beri works like yen. roughly 100=$1 (but not in this economy!!)
    so basically, just subtract 2 zeros from the prices and you'd get what it is in dollars.

Rare Adam Wood - $2,000,000 basically...

Questions to Oda:
    Keep the questions coming. Whether he got the last ones or not let's just keep asking until we get at least one!

Quote Originally Posted by hwh316 View Post
    i'm pretty sure beri works like yen. roughly 100=$1 (but not in this economy!!)
    so basically, just subtract 2 zeros from the prices and you'd get what it is in dollars.

Rare Adam Wood - $2,000,000 basically...
    yeah i think thats about how it works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]