Page 133 of 144 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1435
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Can't tell coz Oda is inconsistent on drawing large things/people on their right sizes. If I have to guess, Noah is bigger but TB is a bit wider, meaning it's deck is bigger. The omibozou looks tiny compered to noah and Oz looks an ordinary sized person compared to thriller bark. And omibozou's are larger than even large giants.
    You know he isn't actually a Omibozou...

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/613/2
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    You know he isn't actually a Omibozou...

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/613/2
    Oh yeah, the Usopp comment was stuck on my mind more than the actual caption. Wadatsumi is still looks bigger than Oz though.

sig made by me

well i think that he is bigger as in mass wize because he looks a lot wider but shorter.
    here are good reference points.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

you can see both of them have people with in closer range
    decken is a bit smaller but a bit smaller away and the straw hats are a bit close and a bit bigger. so i think they are closer in size than we think.
    also here.
    i would say nightmare luffy was a bit bigger than jimbi
    so
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

so yeah i would say they are a lot closer than we had thought
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@Cross, Lmao on your fist comparison. If we go by that and say nightmare Luffy is a bit bigger than Jinbei then it still makes Wadatsumi bigger than Oz. Wadatsumi's fist is small in comparison with his body while Oz's fist is big in comparison with his body. Now put that picture of Oz and Wadatsumi together with their fist at almost same size then Wadatsumi is bigger.
    Last edited by arisart; 10-12-2011 at 11:01 AM.

sig made by me

*^ that makes a lot of sense, I was reading the comparisons and thought for a minute they may be the about the same size, not considering the proportions of their hands.

But as you said, - that would make Wadatsumi A LOT bigger, unless Oda drew Wadatsumi's fists small in the 1st frame (meaning they are normally bigger), if they are normal size in that first frame however, then he would dwarf Oz (I mean even before he blows out, obviously puffed up Wadatsumi is bigger - just meaning their base sizes).
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

@Cross, Lmao on your fist comparison. If we go by that and say nightmare Luffy is a bit bigger than Jinbei then it still makes Wadatsumi bigger than Oz. Wadatsumi's fist is small in comparison with his body while Oz's fist is big in comparison with his body. Now put that picture of Oz and Wadatsumi together with their fist at almost same size then Wadatsumi is bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    *^ that makes a lot of sense, I was reading the comparisons and thought for a minute they may be the about the same size, not considering the proportions of their hands.

But as you said, - that would make Wadatsumi A LOT bigger, unless Oda drew Wadatsumi's fists small in the 1st frame (meaning they are normally bigger), if they are normal size in that first frame however, then he would dwarf Oz (I mean even before he blows out, obviously puffed up Wadatsumi is bigger - just meaning their base sizes).
    Surprisingly agree with Cross on this 1. In Wadatsumi's pic his arm and fist is at an angle like \, that is also slanted to show more of the arm than would be shown in Oz's positioning. But Oz's is at an angle like --, in a straight line thus only showing us that 1 viewable side, while with Wadatsumi's 3partly showing sides combine to look like 1 bigger side. It makes sense if both were shown at the straight punch angle like Oz's --- , that we would probably be a lot more unable to distinguish between the difference in size, especially if not using the arms and fists as determining points.

But then the question arises, though that San Juan, and Oars Jr., they are clearly bigger/ taller than these 2, right?
    Last edited by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z; 10-15-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

If you look at the Wadatsumi picture you can see his hand over his eye (like he's looking for something).

Notice his eye is nearly half the size of his hand (and that can kind of give us a picture how large his head is) - now looking at Oz, his hand is bigger then his entire head - that comparing the sizes of their fists with Nightmare Luffy/Jimbie stopping them its clear that Wadatsumi *should* be MUCH larger.

Also I didnt think Oz Jr was THAT big, I though he was similar to Oz, and as for San Juan - the picture where he is hiding behind marine ford (where the other normal giants were small in the frame) made him look almost too big, obviously much bigger then Wadatsumi/Oz/or anyother Giant we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    If you look at the Wadatsumi picture you can see his hand over his eye (like he's looking for something).

Notice his eye is nearly half the size of his hand (and that can kind of give us a picture how large his head is) - now looking at Oz, his hand is bigger then his entire head - that comparing the sizes of their fists with Nightmare Luffy/Jimbie stopping them its clear that Wadatsumi *should* be MUCH larger.

Also I didnt think Oz Jr was THAT big, I though he was similar to Oz, and as for San Juan - the picture where he is hiding behind marine ford (where the other normal giants were small in the frame) made him look almost too big, obviously much bigger then Wadatsumi/Oz/or anyother Giant we've seen.
    Yeah Wadatsumi's head is bigger, yet we see Oz's legs and arms drawn clearly much longer than Wadatsumi's. Hell from that 1st pic you mentioned with him looking out , Oda drew his dainty looking legs at about the equivalent of the jumping Oz's knee to foot, or knee to thigh; in other words, half his leg. So while maybe Wadatsumi's head alone is bigger, (can't really tell with their chests, they just look pretty equal), then Wadatsumi's larger head balances out with Oz's larger legs, once again about equal.

You're right that pic with San Juan seems almost deceptively confusing, so I wouldn't know either way.

We never saw Wadatsumi, or Oz, or even San Juan fully in the water, but Oars Jr. started out in the water unfrozen by Ao Kiji and made his way to that ice. Don't remember that clearly, and am not clearly sure how close the water level was to the ground 's surface; but if i remember correctly Oars jr. wasn't even 'submerged' up to his knees, and he was still taller than the top tip of the sails of the Navy ships. Not to mention sometimes Oars jr.'s head was shown right under / actually within/ and or basically 'scraping the clouds in those memories with Ace I based my decision on those because as tall as they were, I don't think Oz, or Wadatsumi, could match that in terms of height.

So this all boils down to I guess, what others constantly say , that Oda is just really way too inconsistant with his sizes of characters in the actual drawings and differing POV's.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

i said he was bigg as in wider or in more bulk or weight. but i did make the case for OZ being taller. the body structure is just different.
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@Scarred Luffy

I thought in that picture Wadatsumi's legs were bending back, like there at a angle where I thought they could be going behind him - also I was looking for another picture of him that showed his legs but couldn't find one (ALL the pictures of him I found his lower half is covered by smoke).

But its like you said, who can say for sure. Oda isn't great at drawing consistencies with his sizes of characters.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

Anyways, I was re-reading OP and I was curious if there was a general consensus on how many marines there were? I mean there must be at least a 500k+ though I'm thinking there may be as many as 2m ish.

I get this because during the buster call there are at least (or from what i counted - though I may be wrong) 10ships in that fleet, I don't know how many solders one of the marines vessels can carry, however I'm guessing like 1-2k since I know that a modern aircraft carrier holds like 5-6k.

So during a buster call there are 10ships (at least) holding 1.5k troops = 15k, however if i remember correctly they are all ranked captain or higher (with 5 Vice Admirals). Ok so, 15k isn't that many at first, however considering that it means there must be 15k captains and 5 admirals on standby and there must be more then 1 post that holds the troops (since obviously its a big ocean) I'm guessing there would have to be like idk, at least 14 different stations holding the troops just in case a buster call is called.

I'm saying 14 stations (at least) because there are 11 different routes to take getting to sabony, and it seems like the routes can't be crossed - with that you would at least need 1 station per route plus I'm thinking 1 per ocean (aside the east blue, seeing that its the weakest).

So yeah, that ends up to like 210k captains (or more) and 70 Vice Admirals that are ALWAYS on standby just in case. This isn't including the other marines stationed at other points keeping order, nor is it considering what the marine presence in the NW could be.

So yeah, lol it was a long post however, how many marines do you think there are?
    Last edited by Airicks; 11-14-2011 at 02:14 AM.