View Poll Results: Which one would you get?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Playstaion 4

    20 68.97%
  • Wii 2

    9 31.03%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    Senior Member Suichimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    While the Wii can be fun its more kids stuff too me I need a serious gamer fix that only PS4 can provide.

    I dont see the PS4 dropping till about 2012-2014 as it would be pointless to drop it 2010 next year when so many games are still in production.

    Nintendo always likes to be last to come out these days so if PS4 comes out 2012-2014 Wii 2 wont drop till 2013-2015 at least.


    BTW you left out XBox3 which will be the 1st to come out before either of them my guess would be 2011-2012.
    Games in production won't stop Sony from releasing a new console. There are still games in production for the PS2 and there has even been a huge AAA title released for it recently, Persona 4. Sony and Nintendo should have their new consoles out around 2012, that is the five year mark. Your figure for Microsoft is pretty much right though.



    Just for a more informed idea, I'll put up the release dates of consoles from the current makers to their successor.

    Nintendo
    NES > SNES - 7/6 years (Japan 1983-1990/US 1985-1991)
    SNES > N64 - 6/5 years (Japan 1990-1996/US 1991-1996)
    N64 > GC - 5 years (1996-2001)
    GC > Wii - 5 years (2001-2006)
    Wii > Wii2 - Should be about 5-6 years (2006-2011/12)

    Sony
    Playstation > PS2 - 6/5 years (Japan 1994-2000/US 1995-2000)
    PS2 > PS3 - 6 years (2000-2006)
    PS3 > PS4 - Should be about 6 years (2006-2012)

    Microsoft
    Xbox > Xbox 360 - 3/4 years (Japan 2002-2005/US 2001-2005)
    Xbox 360 > Xbox 720 - Assuming Microsoft doesn't race out the door again, 5 years (2005-2010)

    Those are pretty much my guesses based on the data we have. I'd be surprised if they were off by more than one year. As I already noted, I'd be surprised if we don't hear anything about the next console cycle at this year's E3 or TGS.

  2. #22
    Previously NarutoSageMode Sh_tHappenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    Games in production won't stop Sony from releasing a new console. There are still games in production for the PS2 and there has even been a huge AAA title released for it recently, Persona 4. Sony and Nintendo should have their new consoles out around 2012, that is the five year mark. Your figure for Microsoft is pretty much right though.



    Just for a more informed idea, I'll put up the release dates of consoles from the current makers to their successor.

    Nintendo
    NES > SNES - 7/6 years (Japan 1983-1990/US 1985-1991)
    SNES > N64 - 6/5 years (Japan 1990-1996/US 1991-1996)
    N64 > GC - 5 years (1996-2001)
    GC > Wii - 5 years (2001-2006)
    Wii > Wii2 - Should be about 5-6 years (2006-2011/12)

    Sony
    Playstation > PS2 - 6/5 years (Japan 1994-2000/US 1995-2000)
    PS2 > PS3 - 6 years (2000-2006)
    PS3 > PS4 - Should be about 6 years (2006-2012)

    Microsoft
    Xbox > Xbox 360 - 3/4 years (Japan 2002-2005/US 2001-2005)
    Xbox 360 > Xbox 720 - Assuming Microsoft doesn't race out the door again, 5 years (2005-2010)

    Those are pretty much my guesses based on the data we have. I'd be surprised if they were off by more than one year. As I already noted, I'd be surprised if we don't hear anything about the next console cycle at this year's E3 or TGS.
    Wow thats one good observatition


    I was Previously that noob you use to pick on called NarutosageMode

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    Games in production won't stop Sony from releasing a new console. There are still games in production for the PS2 and there has even been a huge AAA title released for it recently, Persona 4. Sony and Nintendo should have their new consoles out around 2012, that is the five year mark. Your figure for Microsoft is pretty much right though.



    Just for a more informed idea, I'll put up the release dates of consoles from the current makers to their successor.

    Nintendo
    NES > SNES - 7/6 years (Japan 1983-1990/US 1985-1991)
    SNES > N64 - 6/5 years (Japan 1990-1996/US 1991-1996)
    N64 > GC - 5 years (1996-2001)
    GC > Wii - 5 years (2001-2006)
    Wii > Wii2 - Should be about 5-6 years (2006-2011/12)

    Sony
    Playstation > PS2 - 6/5 years (Japan 1994-2000/US 1995-2000)
    PS2 > PS3 - 6 years (2000-2006)
    PS3 > PS4 - Should be about 6 years (2006-2012)

    Microsoft
    Xbox > Xbox 360 - 3/4 years (Japan 2002-2005/US 2001-2005)
    Xbox 360 > Xbox 720 - Assuming Microsoft doesn't race out the door again, 5 years (2005-2010)

    Those are pretty much my guesses based on the data we have. I'd be surprised if they were off by more than one year. As I already noted, I'd be surprised if we don't hear anything about the next console cycle at this year's E3 or TGS.
    Yes, I believe the first one to give us a working display of their console would recieve a huge power swing in their favor.
    Also, that would bring up a clock for the other parties, which leaves them weak on current games, most likely.
    Let's hope it isn't Microsoft.

  4. #24
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    958
    I dunno, I don't think Microsoft would be so quick to get their new system out. I think the 360's early release kinda set them back a bit. They just missed out on the whole DVD HD/Blu-ray thing, not to mention their hardware isn't quite as powerful as PS3. Sure they had the market cornered for a good 6months-1year but is it still paying off now? It seems that they almost might be forced to release a newer system first just because of hardware constraints. Anyway, I doubt that being the first to release the new system will matter much as we can see now that there is definitely room for three major systems in the market. Not to mention as was said earlier I think the global financial downturn might add a little time to those development cycles on the new systems as the companies may be a little cautious to release a new system while the economy is so bad.

    but as to the OP, i'd go with the wii for zelda and mario. who needs a ps4 when FF would prolly be on xbox anyway? between having a wii/xbox, you're not missing much that ps3 has to offer.

  5. #25
    Silent-ish stewchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where the thistle blooms
    Posts
    587
    PS4, just because apart from the bowling on the Wii sports it's kinda pish

  6. #26
    Regular Member dullmeaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    who needs a ps4 when FF would prolly be on xbox anyway? between having a wii/xbox, you're not missing much that ps3 has to offer.
    I would still get the PS4 even if FF games was released to xbox, FF games belong to Playstation. It would feel wrong to play them on some other consol.
    Plus I have personally never liked xbox, it's games or the bigass control. The only reason it sells so good is because the majority of players in the world play FPS games which the xbox have plenty of.

    Have you actually played any of the games on Ps3? If you would have you wouldn't say Ps3 hasn't got anything to offer that xbox/wii doesn't. Either that or you're just ignorant.
    Spoiler!

  7. #27
    Senior Member kiduka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,551
    the playstation 4 will most likely have everything the wii has and more.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Suichimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by dullmeaster View Post
    I would still get the PS4 even if FF games was released to xbox, FF games belong to Playstation. It would feel wrong to play them on some other consol.
    Plus I have personally never liked xbox, it's games or the bigass control. The only reason it sells so good is because the majority of players in the world play FPS games which the xbox have plenty of.

    Have you actually played any of the games on Ps3? If you would have you wouldn't say Ps3 hasn't got anything to offer that xbox/wii doesn't. Either that or you're just ignorant.
    Really? In my opinion the best Final Fantasy titles were on the SNES.

  9. #29
    Regular Member dullmeaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    177
    Can't say if you're right or wrong, I only played 5-12 : D I didn't have a SNES when I was younger so I didn't get to play the earlier ones, and I never got the interest to play those either as youngsters tend to go for shiny and new things. But in my opinion, of the games I played, Final fantasy 7,8 and 10 were the best games plot and gameplay wise.I prefer to see FF on playstation where Im used to the buttons and the control.
    Spoiler!

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    I dunno, I don't think Microsoft would be so quick to get their new system out. I think the 360's early release kinda set them back a bit. They just missed out on the whole DVD HD/Blu-ray thing, not to mention their hardware isn't quite as powerful as PS3. Sure they had the market cornered for a good 6months-1year but is it still paying off now? It seems that they almost might be forced to release a newer system first just because of hardware constraints. Anyway, I doubt that being the first to release the new system will matter much as we can see now that there is definitely room for three major systems in the market. Not to mention as was said earlier I think the global financial downturn might add a little time to those development cycles on the new systems as the companies may be a little cautious to release a new system while the economy is so bad.

    but as to the OP, i'd go with the wii for zelda and mario. who needs a ps4 when FF would prolly be on xbox anyway? between having a wii/xbox, you're not missing much that ps3 has to offer.
    It's not so much the missed out hardware that set them back, To me they ran out of AAA games for a while; & the system died on me 5 times....
    but more so the games.

    By realesing first you establish your console first so when others are launching you have LIVE already good-to-go & have worked out major bugs.
    Also, you get more exclusives because developers want the most space to work with & they want established parameters for their games.

    Releasing first is definitely a major advantage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •