View Poll Results: Which one would you get?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Playstaion 4

20 68.97%
  • Wii 2

9 31.03%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Previously NarutoSageMode Sh_tHappenz's Avatar

The Wii2 or Playstation4

I heard there are going to be both a second Wii and Playstation 4 in 2010-2011. I would probally get a Wii2 because of my love for mario games but I also I want amazing graphics with amazing sound like the playstation 3 has. Which one would you choose?

I was Previously that noob you use to pick on called NarutosageMode

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Out of the two I'd get a PS4. But I gotta say I highly doubt either of those would be made (yet). Nintendo is still doing fairly well with the Wii and the PS3 is just taking off. I gotta say this is highly unlikely.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

not to mention that sony wants the ps3 to be a 10 year system.

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

Previously NarutoSageMode Sh_tHappenz's Avatar
    They said I quote:

"Despite recent rumors that Sony may be preparing to exit the console hardware business given its management shift among top SCEI executives, Holman clarifies with SmartHouse that Sony is indeed planning to launch a PlayStation 4, but no sooner than 2010. "

"Nintendo are selling Wii’s faster than stores can stock them and some may believe that they have no need to replace the Wii just yet, but not everyone has this view and Game Player have the view that Wii 1.5 / 2 will be coming in 2010."

"Meanwhile, WiiFanboy reports that Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has revealed plans for the next Nintendo home console. Nintendo is already working on the successor to the Wii, presumably to be called the Wii 2, though timeline for release is mentioned." He said:

We are always preparing for the next hardware. We are under development. … But the hardware is a kind of box that consumers reluctantly buy in order to play our games.

Every new piece of hardware needs revolutionary features. This time around, it happened to be we had a revolutionary user interface. Will it be the same for the next generation? I really can’t tell.

The problem is: where does Nintendo go from here? The Wii has been such a phenomenal success already that unless they give gamers the chance to split the atom, the follow-up console is at risk of prompting calls of “Is that it?”

The Wii 2 will either be more of the same, or it’ll be something completely revolutionary. Maybe that neural headset technology could be built in to the system? But then that would take the console out of the realms of the casual gamer, and beyond the hardcore element to a very niche band.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...-than-we-think

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/07/30/n...-three-months/

I was Previously that noob you use to pick on called NarutosageMode

I doubt Sony will release any new system anytime soon. The PS3 set them back a bit as it cost more to produce them than it did to sell them. Not to mention the world is kind of in a recession and with the cost of new machine it just wouldn't make sense to replace it.

I'd buy a ps4 but there's absolutely no need for one to be made for at least 3 or 4 years, I mean Atelier Rorona probably won't even see a release on western PS3's untill 2011.
    Not to mention the fact that the PS3 has barely scratched the surface games wise.

I don't really care about the Wii (I'm not a casual gamer), But Sony would be utterly retarded to release a new console any time before 2015 minumum.

I can pretty much guarantee we'll be seeing the next console cycle in the area of late 2010 to possibly early 2013. Console cycles tend to last anywhere from 5 to 6 years. I'm absolutely expecting to see some news of the Wii2, PS4, 720, and whatever new system anyone else comes out with either at E3 or TGS this year. Wouldn't be surprised if there were demos either.

As for which I'd get. I'll still be in Nintendo's camp. Maybe Sony will be able to do a bit better next time around.

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    Ps4.