4Kids Being Sued

Well I don't think this belongs in the News Section, but if it does, then shall it be moved

----------------

And here we all thought that the only thing 4kids was in fault for was it's terrible dubbing of our favorite animes. THINK NOT!

"The Japanese animation studio that first created the anime hits is attacking, claiming that 4Kids owes it millions of dollars for making secret agreements with TV networks and home video distributors as well as making improper royalty deductions, including for the cost of the actual dubbing. As the result of alleged contractual breaches, the Japanese companies behind the show reveal they have just terminated their licensing agreements with 4Kids. They now want past money owed too."

TV Tokyo and Nihon Ad Systems have failed their suit in New York's federal court system. The piece provides some interesting examples and highlight's FUNimation's apparent role in it as well as indicating that Cartoon Network and others were caught up in the questionable deals that 4Kids Entertainment made.

For example, 4Kids is said to have made an agreement with Funimation Productions, giving it the right to exploit the YGO series on home video. "4Kids conspired with Funimation to fraudulently hide from Plaintiffs more than 45% of the total income Funimation paid to 4Kids from the sale of the home videos," the complaint states.

Allegedly, 4Kids not only licensed YGO, but also several other Japanese animation series it didn't own. Under the terms of this supposedly secret deal, which allegedly included a strict confidentiality clause, 4Kids didn't have to do much besides perform certain marketing services. It was Funimation's job to produce and distribute the series, and for this right, Funimation paid a $1.3 million advance and gave over nearly $3 million in revenue, which was allegedly then hidden from the plaintiffs.

Read the article here ----> Click here

About f*cking time!

I really hope they lose their rights to anime...The 5D's Dub is horrible, One Piece sucked(Though it got taken) Just really Yu-gi-oh is holding them up

Quote Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
    Got to be Shinhan for me, He dickrides the mods like there's no tomorrow.

For shame 4kids..for shame
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

For shame indeed. Now I wonder who will pick up the dubbing for the Yu Gi Oh series.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Take that 4 kids...that`s the payback for ruining One Piece><

i hope 4kids burn in the deepest Hell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Hell yeah no more replacing rice balls with jam doughnuts.

I'm in the minority here but I never really minded them aside from their complete butchering of all things One Piece.

Its a nostalgia thing mostly. Pokemon and Yugioh were good when I was a kid, though I doubt they hold up today nearly as well. I never minded their dubs too much even One Piece's, Tristan as Yusei in 5Ds was kinda weird. Guess they won't be doing Zexal then. I've been planning on following the Japanese Anime instead so it doesn't bother me.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!