Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    So you all still haven't figured out how to do this yet?

We've worked out all the details except for what the best method of preventing plagiarism is. This thread is for input on that, and also for other suggestions.
    "Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"

very simple way to prevent plaugerizers is to have them take a picture of there drawing and have that picture be a little zoomed out to show the notebook. this wont prove they didnt copy something else but at the very least it would prove they took the effort to Redraw it =p.

As for digital media.. yea there is pretty much no way to police that, anyone can google search and steal a picture.

I guess one way of doing it is just to make the person host it on their Deviant art page. People can spot out plagiarism there in a heartbeat. But unless you are near the person, who are you to know he/she might of had someone to draw it for them?

With a deviant page we can see when its was submitted. And it only take 5 minutes to make an account if you don't have one. Well thats my imput.

Wouldn't digital art be easier, since only the person who did it will have the original psd with all the different layers. You could simply require that to be PM'd to either Ravona or Imotochan.

I'd actually think that hand drawn would be harder, since most ways of proving it would be a hassle, and can be replicated. I mean, what if they found a piece that has someone drawing it. Some people do that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfuzzy View Post
    Wouldn't digital art be easier, since only the person who did it will have the original psd with all the different layers. You could simply require that to be PM'd to either Ravona or Imotochan.

I'd actually think that hand drawn would be harder, since most ways of proving it would be a hassle, and can be replicated. I mean, what if they found a piece that has someone drawing it. Some people do that anyway.
    Problem with digital art is not a lot of people can do it. I mean I can do line art. But thats it. I am still learning how to do color.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    @Redfuzzy, sure Digital art is better to verify with the use of pdf files, but we already have a colouring and a sig contest. There are a lot of persons who love drawing by hand and are not yet versed in digital art so this competion would be good.

I'm sure we'll be able to figure out a way to combat plagiarism and I think the suggestions so far are good. Also it helps that the artist community of MS are familiar with each other. I'm familiar with how hb, arisato, kikiz, yoru etc draws and not to say I'd spot right off the bat any plagiarism on their part but their work is well known by me. I think plagiarism is not very likely so we should find a way around it and not let it hamper our efforts.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Quote Originally Posted by Ravona View Post
    Sending us the sketches/rough work as proof was one of the ideas we had, but we didn't think it would be practical (since not everyone might keep/make rough work). ^^"
    i thought of taking a photo of the person with the drawing... but someone could print a picture and take a photo of him with the printed page....

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arhazivory View Post
    @Redfuzzy, sure Digital art is better to verify with the use of pdf files, but we already have a colouring and a sig contest. There are a lot of persons who love drawing by hand and are not yet versed in digital art so this competion would be good.
    I was under the impression that the drawing could either being Digital or hand drawn. I was suggesting a solution for the digital drawings.

i have one dout... i just saw itsu's entry for thsi contest in his thread, can the drawings be colored? cause for that we have the coloring contest :S (and i suck at coloring)

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!