Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Drawing Competition anyone?

Thought we'd start expanding the Art Contests section with a Drawing Competition~ ^^ Anyone interested in this? The basic guidelines we've come up with are as follows:

- Monthly basis. DotM sounds good, yeah?

- 1000x1600 pixels, maximum. (A4 canvas size.)

- Only one submission per participant.

- Participants will submit their finalized works, no changes are permitted onto them once submitted.

- Nothing offensive is allowed.

- Voting period is a week.
    We might start with a no-category based drawing competition, meaning anyone can submit any sort of drawing as long as it follows the general rules. And when we say any sort of drawing, we mean it; your submissions don't have to be fanart or even character-based, they can vary from landscape to still life. ^^

One thing we were worried about was how to prevent plagiarism. >< You could always sign your work, but a) we would need to know how your signature looks like, b) it would only prove the authenticity of the signature rather than the artwork. >< Any suggestions on this?

Moved, thought it'd get more reception here. >< Let's see if this works.
    Last edited by ImotoChan; 04-02-2009 at 12:36 PM.

How awesome! This sounds great!

Hmm, plagiarism... The best is to believe in people, but that is quite impossible at times. Why not just let them sign their nick on MangaShare?
    One thing that could be done is to write something along the lines of "submission of MangaShare drawing competition" but that can easily ruin the mood and stuff of the picture. Uwah! I hope that helped a bit...?
    Zetsuboushita|ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH! «°-°«

I Am In!
    ಠ_ಠ

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    I always sign my drawings. Perhaps all persons who intend to submit should PM Rav or Imoto with a copy of their signature.

I'd suggest that the person write their alias (eg Arhazivory) and next to it put the signature they intend to use right next to their alias. So it'd be signing your alias.

Question though: Why A4 canvas size? I may not want to draw something that big.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Hmm...so is this limited to drawings? Also I haven't signatured all of my stuff. But if I provide a link to my dA with the pic would that be acceptable?

@Ivory: That's maximum size limit. It can be smaller.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    Hmm...so is this limited to drawings? Also I haven't signatured all of my stuff. But if I provide a link to my dA with the pic would that be acceptable?

@Ivory: That's maximum size limit. It can be smaller.
    Ohhhhhhhh........Hehe. Guess I was so excited at the competition that I never saw the 'maximum'.

@ Sangaz....that sounds like great proof for persons using a tablet.

**wishes for tablet**
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Would a Sai file work as proof?
    It's basically the same as a psd, It'll show the rough sketch and lineart (if that's allowed) at all the different stages.

I'm in. . . I was thinking people could post a video of them drawing with hypercam or something, but that would be a huge hassle. . .

i'm in.. will there be categorys for the next months? (might i suggest an OC contest, or/and a fanart one for the future)

about the sig issue, i change my sig from time to time (gomes, dg, diogo gomes....) so it might be a bit troublesome with me and i doubt anyone will plagiarize, i know your styles and i trust you!

side-note: not everybody owns a tablet, or are good at using one, personnaly i prefer my loyal pencil and paper!

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

Sending us the sketches/rough work as proof was one of the ideas we had, but we didn't think it would be practical (since not everyone might keep/make rough work). ^^"
    "Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"