Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 900
  1. #791
    The Hurara was an example I actually saw on another forum but there are plenty of butchered names on mangashare. It just pisses me off because it's really simple to correctly write a name. It's not like you have to pronounce it. All you have to do is check bleach wikia or watch an episode with subs.

  2. #792
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet07 View Post
    Q:Are all Bleach fans on this forum and others dyslexic? All I see is Hurara/Uruhara instead of Urahara....
    I actually am :p, anyway, some new readers might not remember too well the names of some characters, especially if those names aren't used in the country they live in. The other thing is probably the early bad translations, if you check the first 100 scanlations of Naruto, you can see that there is Uchida, when it should be Uchiha, it could be the same with Bleach (especially the HM arc).

  3. #793
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I actually am :p,
    Well then you're excused. When I start my holy crusade against bad spelling, you shall be spared


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    anyway, some new readers might not remember too well the names of some characters, especially if those names aren't used in the country they live in.
    Believe me, japanese names are alien to me as well, however there is an interesting thing you can do when you're uncertain about a character's name: you can check it online. Basically, read before writing.[/QUOTE]


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The other thing is probably the early bad translations, if you check the first 100 scanlations of Naruto, you can see that there is Uchida, when it should be Uchiha, it could be the same with Bleach (especially the HM arc).
    We're years past that time. I doubt there are any more translation errors.

  4. #794
    Senior Member Gaara Kazekage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    933
    Another thing worth noticing, is that there are different ways to write the names in English, mostly because of the(can't be bothered to look it up) the "o" with a "-" on top is spelled with "uu" or "ou" in English, at least that's how I have got to understand it and the "ou" version is allot more common. I don't really think this concern me to much, since I usually do like you say and look it up on bleach.wikia and I don't write a name when I don't think I know how to write it, but it's just to create a general reason why I think most people screw up.


    Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!


    Water type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  5. #795
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    In my opinion, the proper way to deal with long vowel sounds in English is not to type it out at all but type it normally e.g. shonen instead of shounen. The reason why I advocate for the former is because it looks better and we really don't need to know that it is a longer vowel because anyone who's just a bit interested in anime should have learnt the basics of vowel sounds in Japanese by listening to what people say in anime. To anyone who doesn't know, adding an additional letter to signify this does not matter since they will be clueless either way.

    I do agree with that people should learn to use spell checks when they are typing. Saying they are typing in a foreign language is no excuse as most of us do and if you don't know the language well that's exactly what spell check programs are for. Also, learning how to punctuate and when to make new paragraphs will of course help reading, something I notice many don't know how to do as well.

    It was much easier when Hakage the Ice Nomad used to frequent the forums more, he was/is the resident grammar Nazi here.
    Avatar and signature by me.

  6. #796

    Cool

    I do believe you've got the right idea Leat.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    It was much easier when Hakage the Ice Nomad used to frequent the forums more, he was/is the resident grammar Nazi here.

    Glad to see someone gives a rat's ass lol.

  7. #797
    Senior Member Yoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,605
    Q: How is ichigo able to use fullbring if his mother wasn't attacked by a hollow before giving birth to him? Many say that she was a hollow herself but I don't think so cuzaizen stated she was a human and he knew all of them pretty well...so my guess is his mother was a fullbringer instead. They're humans with hollow like power so that would even explain where he took hollow powers from. what do you think ?

  8. #798
    Senior Member Execution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoru View Post
    Q: How is ichigo able to use fullbring if his mother wasn't attacked by a hollow before giving birth to him? Many say that she was a hollow herself but I don't think so cuzaizen stated she was a human and he knew all of them pretty well...so my guess is his mother was a fullbringer instead. They're humans with hollow like power so that would even explain where he took hollow powers from. what do you think ?
    A: I think that the even with Ginjou's explanation the origin of Fullbring has always been rather vague. To my knowledge Chad's parents have had no encounters with hollows and he wasn't able to even see spirits until he defended Ichigo's sister from a hollow and was wounded by said hollow, yet he was still able to manifest fullbring due to his encounter with the hollow. Ichigo himself has actually become a complete hollow twice which I think would give him a much greater connection towards hollow related powers than even the fullbringers.
    Spoiler!


    :Edit:
    Actually looking back now I think that Ichigo had used fullbring way before he even encountered Xecution.

    Ginjou using fullbring
    Spoiler!


    What I believe to be Ichigo's first use of fullbring
    Spoiler!


    Fullbringers are able to draw upon the souls of the matter around them so just how Ginjou summoned the alcohol to his mouth I believe that this is how hollow Ichigo summoned Zangetsu to his hand. Meaning that Ichigo has had the capability to use fullbring for some time he simply lacked the knowledge of this technique.
    Last edited by Execution; 09-29-2011 at 10:25 AM.

  9. #799
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    Interesting thoughts Execution. We will see if Kubo will come up with a different explanation for fullbring eventually.
    Avatar and signature by me.

  10. #800
    Master Jedi jedijuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    charlotte, nc
    Posts
    771
    what squad is Ikkaku lt of???

    twitter.com/jedijuck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •