Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
    Because by the time of writing, Kubo had not designed what shikai and bankai were! He had no concepts of it. If you remember, Renji did actually release twice the first time he fought Ichigo, which is virtually impossible now, since a shinkai can only be released once. Furthermore, Renji explains himself that the change of his sword is the true shape of his spiritual power, and it is likely Kubo was aiming for that when he designed Ichigo's shikai. Therefore, at first, Kubo probably had an idea that it would be cool if sihinigami could change the shape of their sword to match their personalities in combat, but that it would be named shikai came much later.

It is also most likely a design option, in that Kubo wanted Ichigo to have a new sword and it would be boring if he could revert it to normal. Furthermore, it is very explainable that Ichigo can't revert it to an unreleased state considering that he, back then, could not control his reiatsu very well. It is also likely that Ichigo was so strong, even for a shinigami, that it was not possible for him to revert back even if he could. Whereas for other shinigami, learning the name of their zanpakuto can take many hundred years, but for Ichigo, it took three days. Since the other zanpakuto he acquired that was without a name was not explicitly his, he may just have discarded an unreleased state for the sake of fast evolution.

There are many ways to see it, and I find none illogical. Kubo has also addressed the issue himself with Unohana stating that his sword may just be one of those very few, rare swords that are in a constant shikai state. Just because Ichigo and Isshin are related, it does not mean that ichigo must follow a similar path to Isshin and vice versa. There are fundamental differences between them, such as it is likely Isshin was taught to be a shinigami at the Shinigami Academy and that Isshin never skipped several parts of shinigami evolution.

LOL, Seems Kubo is making it up as he goes. That explains everything. Props cause he's actually not doing badly at it.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    LOL, Seems Kubo is making it up as he goes. That explains everything. Props cause he's actually not doing badly at it.
    Yea, it explains why we get so many chapters where basically no story development happens. He didn't know how to progress the story at the time because he's making it up as he goes lol. He has a spot he wants to get to, just doesn't know how to work his way there.

Veteran Member
    Ah, yeah.. Guess its how you look at it. I just found it a bit strange why they had the same skills, but isshin wasnt in shikai state like ichigo. But you did come up with good reasons why, all of them work.

Yes, if you read interviews with Kubo, it will become very evident he makes up a lot on the go, which isn't strange at all because most authors are in such a situation with regular publications. The reason for this is that you simply don't have the time to edit, polish and refine various ideas of how to get to the point in history you are aiming for.

Especially comics is probably a bad medium for this kind of creative writing as well; because whereas say, an author in literature has to literary flesh things out in text, this is not the case for those who work with visual art, because a lot is left unsaid when you draw. I am not trying to say that visual art requires less effort when it comes to developing a story, but you will not have to think of things in the same way as you would if you were an author if literarure.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    Yea, it explains why we get so many chapters where basically no story development happens. He didn't know how to progress the story at the time because he's making it up as he goes lol. He has a spot he wants to get to, just doesn't know how to work his way there.
    I do agree, yet I would be hypocritical to not credit him since he keeps me reading. He hasn't created any absolute plot holes so far, and the lack of development hasn't hurt the main story that I have noticed.

In anycase, for a backup light-reading manga (backup to Naruto for me at least), Bleach is still okay. I'd also have to agree with Leat that Many comics and Manga are in the same situation as Bleach.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Captain of squad six Captain Kuchiki's Avatar
    does rukia ever get a seat in her squad? like Lt. captain u know?
    Captain Kuchiki

^
    She didn't get it (although she is second strongest in her squad), because of he brother influence. He was worried that as a vice captain she would be subjected to a greater danger than a nomral member.

So the only way for her to get promoted in the future is if:
    a) her brother die,
    b) she is stronger than him (or at least pretty strong),
    c) there would be no greater danger,
    d) someone would be there to protect her if something would happen,
    e) she already proven what she needed after going to the world of hollows and defeating one of the espada,
    f) xxx,

In other words, she may or she may not.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kuchiki View Post
    does rukia ever get a seat in her squad? like Lt. captain u know?
    No.. She's (arguably) Vice-Captain (Lieutenant) level, but Byakuya has forbidden her from getting a seat to protect her... Now that she has fought and defeated an Espada, maybe Byakuya will let her get one.

I think that Ukitake has been keeping Kaien's spot open for Rukia, but has respected Byakuya enough not to assign her the spot until he said it was okay.

when ichigo back to his real body, will his really body grow to match this death god body ?
    https://www.facebook.com/ImogenSparksModel

Spoiler!