View Poll Results: Where do you stand on the Nuclear question?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • I oppose Nucler Power at any time

8 16.00%
  • I support Nuclear Power Now

19 38.00%
  • I am unsure and need to know more

8 16.00%
  • Humanity is not yet ready for Nuclear power

15 30.00%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Anything That Leaves High Level Radioactive Waste Is A No No

Quote Originally Posted by Soniic View Post
    Anything That Leaves High Level Radioactive Waste Is A No No
    Agreed, but if you've read my posts you would know that Nuclear Power does not have to leave high level Radio active waste.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Update on Thorium Nuclear Power

For those interested in keeping pace with this topic, I'd like to offer two News articles:

* The First Article Shows China's efforts to move ahead with Thorium (Not Uranium) based Nuclear Power. (Ahem! I am a big fan of Thorium).

1) http://www.neimagazine.com/story.asp...ryCode=2055026

"..A panel appointed by the China National Nuclear Corporation (CNNC) has recommended that China consider building two new CANDU units to develop thorium as an alternative nuclear fuel source...."

* The Second is one reporter's perspective on how the US should invest in other to help curb global Warming.

2) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-..._b_402685.html

"..But completely ignoring fourth generation nuclear (such as the IFR), is a very bad idea. Fourth generation reactors are over 100 times more efficient than existing reactors, they generate little waste, consume existing nuclear waste for fuel, and can help bring the spread of nuclear weapons under control.

We cannot be leaders in clean power by leaving our best technology on the shelf....
    "

China poised to dump fossil fuels for clean (Fourth Generation) nuclear power

It's been 7 months since my last update, events in China just keep rolling on. If the article below turns out to be founded and not Just Chinese hype, then it would be a sad and sorrowful thing that we in the West have allowed fear and environmental activism to sway us from a powerful addittion to our Energy and Economic independence.

If these reports hold true the China could become the World's New Saudi Arabia of 4th Generation Nuclear Power. Worst Case, we Swap making the Saudis rich bu buying their Oil, and we replace that with making the Chines even richer, by buying their 4th Generation Nuclear Plants.

Here is the Article:

China poised to dump fossil fuels for clean nuclear power

Just another target for terrorists to blow up. At least with hydro-electric you blow it up and the power just goes out. New Zealands not a big enough country to deal with a nuclear explosion we cant just evacuate to another part of the country.

Better Watch Out! Obito's Coming To Get You!!!

New Zealand is very Rich in Hydro, so it's a great choice for NZ. I imagine countries with an abundance of solar power will probably emphasize that too.

China has OTOH Over a billion people and as their standard of living improves, so too will be their energy needs. The World's Population too will rise before it levels off, and all those people want electricity, clean running water, cars, TV/Computers, Hospitals with X-Rays, MRIs, food production/storage, etc etc. In OTW...the world needs energy at an increasing rate for the foreseeable future and resources like Wind, Solar, and Hydro will just not be enough, nor will they work everywhere.

The fear of Terrorism will not and cannot deter the world from a Nuclear future as a Mix for its energy supply. These Future Plants will have to be built with hardened security in mind, and probably underground