• The majority of muslims are bad

0 0%
  • All muslims are terrorists

5 18.52%
  • I don't know anything about Islam or muslims

3 11.11%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    I have also heard Sharia Law going haywire in a similar manner in Saudi Arabia.

Sharia doesn't define Islam, though. I won't judge Moslems for the actions of a few in power just in the same way I won't Christians and other religions because of the mistakes of those who hold power.
    You are missing the point. Those in Power Have to Uphold Sharia, BECAUSE Sharia is Islamic Law. Those in power are trapped by it too. Unless they choose a secular legal system instead.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...haria-law.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

This is why it is difficult for many well meaning Muslims to openly criticize Al-Qaeda

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    There were two sides to the story, she said rape the guy said it wasn't, they let him go free (for lack of eye witnesses) and the decided to kill her for adultery.

Most sex, especially the rapes never happen in front of eyewitnesses.

The Point is that this is the Law of Islam, the Sharia. Even if she were and adulterer, it is still too harsh.
    I am fully aware, however i think The Sharia's position on Rape as an act of Adultry most likely effected many decisions within that case.

Summary

In the end the question our Muslim Brothers and sisters must answer is whether or not the tenets of Islam, allow for Islam to peacefully co-exist with a non-islamic world at large, and whether their practices and laws will be seen as palatable in a modern civilized world.

The fear and concern is that there are certain aspects of Islam, written and unchanging that will always tend to give rise to conflict both within Islam (Shia vs Suni). and with other faiths.

Hopefully there is a way for Muslims and non-Muslims to co-exist, and maybe it does have to do with radical interpretation as opposed to lenient interpretation.

You are missing the point. Those in Power Have to Uphold Sharia, BECAUSE Sharia is Islamic Law. Those in power are trapped by it too. Unless they choose a secular legal system instead.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...haria-law.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

This is why it is difficult for many well meaning Muslims to openly criticize Al-Qaeda
    That holds for any religion. I really don't understand why you single out Islam for this. Look at how Europe was handled during the Middle Ages, for example, compared to their rivals the Ottomans, who were much more enlightened for their time (and coincidentally were Islamic).

Fundamentalistic non-secular governments are bound to fail, no matter the religion.

Banned
    That holds for any religion. I really don't understand why you single out Islam for this. Look at how Europe was handled during the Middle Ages, for example, compared to their rivals the Ottomans, who were much more enlightened for their time (and coincidentally were Islamic).

Fundamentalistic non-secular governments are bound to fail, no matter the religion.
    I must agree, the separation of church and state is an essential part of any goverment that seeks to succeed.

The question, the whole purpose of this thread is related to Islam, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

The difference between Islamic society and Europe for instance is:

The Way Europe was Handled is not codified in the New Testament. In other words there are no Xtian Governmental Laws . If there were I'd be raising the sane questions.

If Xtians behave badly, the Laws can be changed by the people and as you see, that has already happened in Europe.

The Laws in the Sharia cannot be changed and are not subject to votes, and they are Laws which specify punishments .

That is the difference, do you understand now?

Quote Originally Posted by xXD3THKLOKXx View Post
    I must agree, the separation of church and state is an essential part of any goverment that seeks to succeed.
    The whole point is whether you can be an Islamic society and still seperate "Church" or should I say Mosque from state.

Nope. Europe in the Middle Ages was run by the Bible much the same way that Islamic Sharia countries are run by the Koran. How do you think the Inquisition got away with Mass Murder, or the Conquistadors with Genocide?

And yes, Islamic societies can separate Mosque from the State. As people have mentioned before, Malaysia is a good example.

Banned
    The question, the whole purpose of this thread is related to Islam, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

The difference between Islamic society and Europe for instance is:

The Way Europe was Handled is not codified in the New Testament. In other words there are no Xtian Governmental Laws . If there were I'd be raising the sane questions.

If Xtians behave badly, the Laws can be changed by the people and as you see, that has already happened in Europe.

The Laws in the Sharia cannot be changed and are not subject to votes, and they are Laws which specify punishments .

That is the difference, do you understand now?

The whole point is whether you can be an Islamic society and still seperate "Church" or should I say Mosque from state.

If the practice of using the Sharia as the deciding factor towards punishments continues in both goverment and religious settings then i would be inclined to respond no.

Quote Originally Posted by xXD3THKLOKXx View Post
    Also, under The Sharia does getting raped count as Adultery?
    no, it's not considered as Adultery.

Summary

In the end the question our Muslim Brothers and sisters must answer is whether or not the tenets of Islam, allow for Islam to peacefully co-exist with a non-islamic world at large, and whether their practices and laws will be seen as palatable in a modern civilized world.

The fear and concern is that there are certain aspects of Islam, written and unchanging that will always tend to give rise to conflict both within Islam (Shia vs Suni). and with other faiths.

Hopefully there is a way for Muslims and non-Muslims to co-exist, and maybe it does have to do with radical interpretation as opposed to lenient interpretation.
    yes, actually, everyone here is co-existing with non-Muslims, the thing is, media only focuses on this kind of incidents; terrorism, unfair misjudgments and retarded laws,
    have you ever read about Islamic countries where almost 20% of the population are non-Muslims and they're living just fine??
    no, people only see what they want to see, they take what media gives 'em without further questioning or investigation, so yeah, what you find in papers, tv, internet, ..etc is never the whole story.

Islamic laws have changed so much since the past centuries, many laws were adjusted or added, rape isn't handled here the way it've been handled, and theft isn't handled the way it use to be, there is no hands chopping anymore.
    and execution is rarely applied, actually it is only applied in murder cases with pre-intentions and after long trials with convicting evidences -just like most countries-.
    and still now, i didn't get what you mean by al-sharia ^^"

and the (Shia vs Suni) conflict is not everywhere, again, it's just like terrorism, caused by few retarded people..

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    the muslims i know are good people but i'd rather stick to my own beliefs

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN