• The majority of muslims are bad

0 0%
  • All muslims are terrorists

5 18.52%
  • I don't know anything about Islam or muslims

3 11.11%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Dragon View Post
    In Islam, you have to wait till you are married until you even think about adultery. There is also punishment for thinking about it. You can only have sex with your wife. Adding that it is permissible to have 7 wives...
    I had a threesome before in college. But an eightsome? Wowee.

Mysterious is the word I use to describe them. I always wonder if muslim girls are allowed to practice sports with taking off and puting on armors in public like fencing and kendo. Or if they are allowed to cosplay ninjas.
    On a larger scale, depending on which country they are from. I think they can be brainwashed, highly religiously-centered and suffer in human rights problems. Socially, like the rest of the people, I think they can be nice or unfriendly, depending on their personality. Their religion have nothing to do with whether they are good or bad.

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    The vast majority of Muslims are good people with a misunderstood religion mired by tragic acts of extremist groups.

In reality only about 1% of Muslims are terrorists or linked to terrorist groups. Due to the large number of Muslims in the world that seems like a lot of them. Usually these people are indoctrinated at young ages with these extremist views. A group will take in an orphan or offer a man food and shelter and the person will learn from them and be indebted to them. People like this, sadly, cannot be reasoned with in the slightest.

So, in a nutshell, most Muslims are ok with me. ^_^

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    The vast majority of Muslims are good people with a misunderstood religion mired by tragic acts of extremist groups.

In reality only about 1% of Muslims are terrorists or linked to terrorist groups. Due to the large number of Muslims in the world that seems like a lot of them. Usually these people are indoctrinated at young ages with these extremist views. A group will take in an orphan or offer a man food and shelter and the person will learn from them and be indebted to them. People like this, sadly, cannot be reasoned with in the slightest.

So, in a nutshell, most Muslims are ok with me. ^_^
    1%....... dude, do you know how big that number is?

how about .0001%

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    Thats more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyki Mikk Kyou View Post
    Mysterious is the word I use to describe them. I always wonder if muslim girls are allowed to practice sports with taking off and puting on armors in public like fencing and kendo. Or if they are allowed to cosplay ninjas.
    Yes... we are. Sports are a must...

If anyone else has questions that I can answer to make Islam a less 'mysterious' religion, just ask.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I said about. I was just trying to give a figure. No one's sure really. But that still doesn't detract from my point.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Decidedly Undecided
    What do I think? The same thing I think about all major social choices. I'm cool with it, so long as no one tries to force-feed it to me.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

Thats more like it.

Yes... we are. Sports are a must...

If anyone else has questions that I can answer to make Islam a less 'mysterious' religion, just ask.
    You know MDD, we non-Muslims really worry about the Imams who head the Mosques and thus have a powerful influence on what happens. It just doesn't seem (somehow) that the Imams are truly anti-Al-Quaeda enough.

Maybe they are but are themselves afraid to be too vocal? Also the zeal to defend Islam (as I have heard) is way too extreme. It is hard to find any other religion in this day and age that will pass a death sentence on someone for insulting the religion, but this happens with Islam, and Muslims don't seem to be bothered by it.

Again, the use of violence doesn't seem to bother muslims. For instance look at Iraq where Muslims detonate bombs in a market place filled with other muslims. I know about the Sunni vs Shia divide, but heck, no way that that is worth bombing women and children. It just seems that the Sunni muslims in Iraq could terminate the bombing of Shia muslims in a flash, because the Sunni Imams gotta know who operating in their territory. But again they seem to tolerate it.

Islam today just seems to be a religion too quick to violence and confrontation. And the Imams don't seem to do enough to make things better.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

On a larger scale, depending on which country they are from. I think they can be brainwashed, highly religiously-centered and suffer in human rights problems.
    Wow. You know they used to say the same thing about Catholics. Up until maybe 100 years ago (Its futher back than that but I can't remember the year) there were laws in the UK that prevented a Catholic from being Prime Minister of the UK for fears the Pope would exercise undue influence in the running of the country.

Their religion have nothing to do with whether they are good or bad.
    Try persuading a National Front member. Then you'll realize how scared certain people are of what's different to their norm.

I work in East London which is an area with a fairly large Asian population (When a Brit refers to an Asian we tend to refer to Indians, Pakistanis, Bengalis and Sri Lankians.) The guys I work with are quite happy to explain aspects of their religion and tend to be quick to condemn terrorist acts as unislamic.

However they do feel there is a general prejudice towards Muslims by certain parts of society. Remember all those comments black people used to make about the 'man' putting them down? It's like that except you can now point to your homeland being invaded. Dubya using the word crusade in describing operations in Iraq and Afghanistan did not go down well and portrayed a 'Christians vs Muslim' situation.

What people fail to understand most of the time is that it's a highly vocal minority out there waging war. When idiot politicians tar the rest of the Islamic world with the same brush it just ends up pushing the moderates into the hands of the extremists.

Its amazing how no one thinks of all Irish people or all Catholics as terrorists considering what's been going on in Ireland for the last 100 years. In fact certain parts of American society call these people patriots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim