0 0%
  • All muslims are terrorists

5 18.52%
  • I don't know anything about Islam or muslims

3 11.11%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    That doesn't sound bad actually Paul.
    Well Banana, I'm glad that you and I have never committed adultery and are in no danger of being stoned to death.

And if we should ever need to steal a loaf of bread to feed our starving kids we'll have two shots at it before we run out of hands.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Well Banana, I'm glad that you and I have never committed adultery and are in no danger of being stoned to death.

And if we should ever need to steal a loaf of bread to feed our starving kids we'll have two shots at it before we run out of hands.
    Man I agree so much. Getting stoned is a pain in the ass. The only thing worse would be getting electrocuted. Though I heard it doesn't hurt as much. But thats coming from people who never had the electric chair.

I never cheated on my wife because I'm not married. And its only bad if you get caught stealing bread. I mean don't get caught next time lol.

I have friends who are muslim and have worked with people who are. I dont like to judge indviduals based on superfical labels and groups. I judge people based on thier indivdual actions. All the muslim people I have met are very kind and friendly people.

That said I think that most muslim ppl strive to be good they get overshadowed by the negative aspects of radicals.

However on sepreate note Islam religon on its own has been warped to keep people in the dark ages but in that regard is not much different from christianity which does the same thing.( see the Pope in Africa talking about condoms help spread AIDS)

At the end of the day people are people regardless of what religon , country, ethnicity , etc. People just trying to live thier lives, raise thier children and make a better life for themselves.

I dont buy the hype of fear monguring people just because thier different. The events of 9/11 had a very predictable outcome in the general racist tone towards Arabs and muslims in general.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

I voted "The majority of muslims are good people", but still the few that are ruining it make me dislike them.

I hate the fact that a lot of muslims are intolerant. And I don't like what's happening to Europe at all the last few years.

Politicians not being to speak bad about them because they get threatened. Calling girls that walk in skirts 'whores'. Abusing the Dutch welfare state.

They probably aren't bad people, but in here in Holland a lot of them act like asses.

Radicals ruin it for everyone, regardless of whether it is political motivation, religion, or race.

Islamic ppl are just regular ppl, they lead everyday lives and do things non Islamic ppl do. In fact the few I know are pretty awesome.

JOIN THE GINTAMA FAN CLUB.. "Just do it" *click here*

D.Gray-man FC Members List

My Anime List

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar

That is not how it is... but, you have researched on the topic.

Sharia Law is way too harsh to be implemented in today's society. Al Qaeda wants to implement these laws back, but cant because most muslims disapprove of these laws. And so they resort to violent means. I also disagree with most aspects of Sharia Law. But it is not essentailly 'Islam'. Islam is basically just being a good person, praying 5 times a day, and following the 5 pillars(similar to the 10 commandments).

In Islam, you have to wait till you are married until you even think about adultery. There is also punishment for thinking about it. You can only have sex with your wife. Adding that it is permissible to have 7 wives...

About the stealing thing. If your family ever encounters times where you have nothing to give to your family. It is the communities responsibility to provide for you. In fact, cutting off the hands was neglected by the prophet because the community was to blame for allowing the person come to a level where he had to resort to theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Dragon View Post
    That is not how it is... but, you have researched on the topic.

Sharia Law is way too harsh to be implemented in today's society. Al Qaeda wants to implement these laws back, but cant because most muslims disapprove of these laws. And so they resort to violent means. I also disagree with most aspects of Sharia Law. But it is not essentailly 'Islam'. Islam is basically just being a good person, praying 5 times a day, and following the 5 pillars(similar to the 10 commandments).

In Islam, you have to wait till you are married until you even think about adultery. There is also punishment for thinking about it. You can only have sex with your wife. Adding that it is permissible to have 7 wives...

About the stealing thing. If your family ever encounters times where you have nothing to give to your family. It is the communities responsibility to provide for you. In fact, cutting off the hands was neglected by the prophet because the community was to blame for allowing the person come to a level where he had to resort to theft.

7 Wives.........I need time to fully realise the immensity of 7 women

Anyways, it would be a lot more comforting if

1) The Muslim community would be more outspoken in condemnation of the radicals, and

2) There weren't the clashes between some of their demands and western culture.

Example would be women in burka (veils). In todays security conscious society, some expect not to show their faces at say airports.

I want to emphasize that Muslims as a whole cannot be blamed for the deeds of a few. The question at large is whether there is enough wiggle room in Islam for it to peacefully co-exist with non-islamic societies and peoples, if the demands of Islam were followed faithfully? Thinking about it, are the Al-qaeda types the true face of Islam as intended by the Qu-ran?
    Last edited by paulbee; 03-28-2009 at 12:08 AM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

It's stuff like this that makes me think bad about the religion:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ing-bread.html

It's horrible and absolutely fucking rediculous you would do something like this..

Example would be women in burka (veils). In todays security conscious society, some expect not to show their faces at say airports.
    There is a muslim lawyer here in Holland who refuses to shake hands with women or refuses to stand up when the judge comes in, because of his religion. It's these little things about the religion that is incomprehendable to me.

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    7 Wives.........I need time to fully realise the immensity of 7 women

Anyways, it would be a lot more comforting if

1) The Muslim community would be more outspoken in condemnation of the radicals, and

2) There weren't the clashes between some of their demands and western culture.

I want to emphasize that Muslims as a whole cannot be blamed for the deeds of a few. The question at large is whether there is enough wiggle room in Islam for it to peacefully co-exist with non-islamic societies and peoples with clashes if the demands of Islam were followed faithfully? Thinking about it, are the Al-qaeda types the true face of Islam as intended by the Qu-ran?
    No... they have taken the word extreme to a new level. Almost every scholar disagrees with them. The Imam of Mecca even voiced out against them.... They are just idiots who do stupid things and then say they did it for Islam.

Muslims have already started adapting... or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
    It's stuff like this that makes me think bad about the religion:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ing-bread.html

It's horrible and absolutely fucking rediculous you would do something like this..

There is a muslim lawyer here in Holland who refuses to shake hands with women or refuses to stand up when the judge comes in, because of his religion. It's these little things about the religion that is incomprehendable to me.
    Wtf.... I cant say anything about that. Someone needs to slap that lawyer. Seriously, have these guys even read the quran?