0 0%
  • All muslims are terrorists

5 18.52%
  • I don't know anything about Islam or muslims

3 11.11%
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What Do You Think Of Islam and Muslims?

http://www.islamicity.com/education/...lamandmuslims/

What do you think of Islam and muslims? I myself am an Indian Muslim, born in the United States. And ever since 9/11, myself and many muslims have had to deal with flat racisim. Simply because many people belive all muslims are terrorists. However this is not the real case. Al Qaeda and the Taliban are a minority in Islam, and they do not represent the views of all muslims around the world.
    The biggest problem that I have seen however is that most people are uneducated about Islam. There are 1.7 Billion muslims world wide and if every one of them were a terrorist. The world community would have a much bigger problem on it's hands than it does now.

Here is a link for people that would like to learn more about Islam

http://www.islamicity.com/education/...lamandmuslims/

They take all the 7-11 jobs here in America.

all people have there good/bad moments..take hand banana, he probably is a decent guy but now he seems like a douche

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

1) I don't know but it seems that whenever there is a Muslim majority in a place, they start becoming harsh and intolerant to none moslems.

Some moslem countries have very anti-women laws, and the Sharia (religious law) is terribly harsh..things like cutting hands off for theft, or stoning to death for adultery.

2) They are not nearly as outspoken against Al-Qaeda or other Islamic terror groups as they should be, making you wonder if they secretly sympathise with the bastards.

Edit: In fairness, some of the nicest people I have met are moslems. I respect them and never question their faith.

I didn't like any of the options in the poll.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I don't know much about them, and never met; only heard stories about them. Can't really say. :\

I actually didn't know you were a muslim. You seem like a nice guy.

I'm serious they do take all the 7-11 jobs.

My mom dated a Muslim for like 11 years and we used to go to this temple thingy. I don't like the fact they don't like pork. But after 12 I never really followed a religion. I have the Koran in my home still right by my front door. Interesting religion but I don't follow their practices.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 03-27-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    1) I don't know but it seems that whenever there is a Muslim majority in a place, they start becoming harsh and intolerant to none moslems.

Some moslem countries have very anti-women laws, and the Sharia (religious law) is terribly harsh..things like cutting hands off for theft, or stoning to death for adultery.
    i wonder if that would be true in every non-secular country but i cant think of any non secular countries other than Islamic ones..(not democratic ones but ones with single religions)

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    i wonder if that would be true in every non-secular country but i cant think of any non secular countries other than Islamic ones..(not democratic ones but ones with single religions)
    The difference with Islam is that Sharia law is fixed. It was created 600 yrs ago, and now it can't be modified to make it gentler.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

That doesn't sound bad actually Paul.

Meh, I could care less about a persons religion or ethnicity. I for one love all but two cultures and wish to learn as much as possible about them all excluding those two. So in the end, I'm glad that you are you and I don't care about anything other then that.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!