Voters
9038. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

9,008 99.67%
  • Yes?

11 0.12%
  • Maybe

19 0.21%
Page 612 of 624 FirstFirst ... 112 512 562 602 610 611 612 613 614 622 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 6237
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Obito (supposedly) died at enemy territory, at time of war, while doing important mission... they simply couldn't do it, they had to dispatch the enemy, quickly move out before even more comes, bring unconscious Kakashi along the way and finally finish the important mission.

Obito wasn't given a grave. He was given a monument, or rather his name was inscribed on a monument, which carried names from before his time as well as those after, like Hayato's, who was killed right before Oro x Sound x Sand sneak attack, while spying on Baki-Sand Guy (he basically sacrificed his life for the village).

On the other hand, it was Rin that was given a grave, which means she died at time of peace with her body retrieved, without risking her life for the village. Frankly speaking, you better be prepared for some rape scenes or implications... after all, she was one of the most beautiful characters, not to mention Kakashi's Thousand Years of Pain combined with Raikiri, seems like an ideal way to, take revenge for you know what... nah this is shounen, they can't even suggest that... I think .
    I understand that Obito's corpse was in an enemy territory, but that wasn't just an ordinary body. It was the body of an Uchiha, carrying uchiha genes and possibly the other sharingan. I thought the ANBU had the duty to take care of corpses carrying special dna, so that enemies wouldn't find them and steal the village's secrets and kekkei genkai. The fact obito's corpse was in enemy territory was one more reason to take care of the body quickly, because it would be easy for foes to recover it and steal his uchiha genes to try and replicate sharingan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoru View Post
    I understand that Obito's corpse was in an enemy territory, but that wasn't just an ordinary body. It was the body of an Uchiha, carrying uchiha genes and possibly the other sharingan. I thought the ANBU had the duty to take care of corpses carrying special dna, so that enemies wouldn't find them and steal the village's secrets and kekkei genkai. The fact obito's corpse was in enemy territory was one more reason to take care of the body quickly, because it would be easy for foes to recover it and steal his uchiha genes to try and replicate sharingan.
    Right, they have send a bunch of chunins+plus young jounin (Minato was supposed to be elsewhere) on a super top-secret mission, that most likely in the end decided the war, while having some elite ANBU member waiting to retrieve some corpses ? No, this is war and they simply didn't have the man power in the first place. At time of peace, yeah they might send some people after missing nin and the like, but otherwise no. For Konoha the living were always more important than the dead.

Beside Rin and Kakashi, and later Minato no one else knew about his Sharingan (until they have returned). If he hasn't awakened it before mission, what would be the point on sending people to retrieve a corpse of a person that might never awaken it's kekkei genkai, when they don't have enough people in the first place ? Plus it's simply not worth the risk. On the other hand, coming to another county's territory without approval could have started another war, what's more the probability that he was left there intact wouldn't be too high anyway.

A battlefield have proven to be the best place to steal each other secrets and obtain each others power. The mist Byakugan, probably Danzou (well that bastard was backstabbing their own probably), Madara (after all, he did obtain Hashirama power in the middle of their fight).

Funny enough, we don't really see ANBU at times of war, perhaps at those time they are temporarily disbanded. For example, in this current war, there are no squads like ANBU. It seems like ANBU-like units work only at time of peace.

Yoru,

I understand where retreiving a Kekei genkai is of military importance to a Village, but try to understand from the perspective of how life was at the time.

This was the second Back-to-Back shinobi war where Konoha had lost it's military strength. Many many shinobi (Grom all sides) probably died and their bodies were never recovered, AND here was Obito who's body was Buried under Tons of rocks, and this burial was witnessed by Yondaime Hokage himself and his team.

In our own era, there are soldiers who died and who's bodies could not be easily retrieved either. In any fair and reasonable measure, Konoha did not abandon Obito, he died in the line of duty, and his remains were unretrievable (at least no without extraordinary measures). Konoha did the right thing by errecting a memorrial to the dead, while Using what resources they had left to protect the living.

*** If it turns out that Tobi =100 pcnt Obito, no Tuskuyomi brainwashing, then The memory odf Obito would have been Dragged through the Mud and forever tainted by Obito himself, and not by anything Konoha did.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

^ I'm not so sure that Konoha didn't do anything wrong. Oro calling Hiruzen's peaceful behavior a charade, Tobirama's justu that even Madara calls atrocity, Minato sealing a mountains sized beast and 2 other people's consciousness inside a baby whose face have beem mutated because of the beast itself... at least the Bloody Mist didn't pretend to be anything else :p.

Obito has lived inside the village, but what if he was shown other perspectives ? Like Nagato's, the Konoha didn't look so great in his. Not to mention looking at the inside itself, the above mentioned and Danzou's doing and hunting of Uchiha for Sharingans.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Yoru,

I understand where retreiving a Kekei genkai is of military importance to a Village, but try to understand from the perspective of how life was at the time.

This was the second Back-to-Back shinobi war where Konoha had lost it's military strength. Many many shinobi (Grom all sides) probably died and their bodies were never recovered, AND here was Obito who's body was Buried under Tons of rocks, and this burial was witnessed by Yondaime Hokage himself and his team.

In our own era, there are soldiers who died and who's bodies could not be easily retrieved either. In any fair and reasonable measure, Konoha did not abandon Obito, he died in the line of duty, and his remains were unretrievable (at least no without extraordinary measures). Konoha did the right thing by errecting a memorrial to the dead, while Using what resources they had left to protect the living.

*** If it turns out that Tobi =100 pcnt Obito, no Tuskuyomi brainwashing, then The memory odf Obito would have been Dragged through the Mud and forever tainted by Obito himself, and not by anything Konoha did.
    Yea, you're right. The circumstances were hard...I could have thought about that myself...it's pretty obvious if I think about it now...

LOL, Yoru...Sometimes when I really like a character, it takes a little extra effort to detach myself. For example, besides Naruto the star, my fav. is Kakashi. I tend to see him in rose colored glasses. I would have been very unhappy were Kishi to have killed him off like he Killed off Jiraiya.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    LOL, Yoru...Sometimes when I really like a character, it takes a little extra effort to detach myself. For example, besides Naruto the star, my fav. is Kakashi. I tend to see him in rose colored glasses. I would have been very unhappy were Kishi to have killed him off like he Killed off Jiraiya.
    At least Jiraya died crushing on the wall and not dying out because he was out of gasoline... even though both of their deaths were in order to bring important information to proper people .

Still, you better be prepared for his eventual death. If Obito were to be redeemed (it's Naruto baby ;P), his Rinnegan would have to be destroyed while Kakashi giving him back his eye, in a similar manner probably... or his mask, because with a face like that, Obito will need it ("...don't worry it's not an unless baggage..." ).

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    At least Jiraya died crushing on the wall and not dying out because he was out of gasoline... even though both of their deaths were in order to bring important information to proper people .

Still, you better be prepared for his eventual death. If Obito were to be redeemed (it's Naruto baby ;P), his Rinnegan would have to be destroyed while Kakashi giving him back his eye, in a similar manner probably... or his mask, because with a face like that, Obito will need it ("...don't worry it's not an unless baggage..." ).
    Lol, Zero:

Kakashi: Obito, here take your mask back. Put it on...with a face like that you'll really need it...dun worry It's not just useless baggage
    Obito: Oh yeah!? Speaking as if your face was any better! Then why are YOU wearing a mask!?

@Paul
    I'm prepared for kakashi's death here. I can see it coming. Kakashi didn't die back then cuz he still had stuf to attend to. I possibly see his mission, his final act as redeeming Obito, or killing him in a last exchange of blows, dying alongside him.

I don' like Naruto that much. Obito was my favourite character ever since I read kakashi gaiden: in my eyes he was a real, tragic and romantic hero, that didn't get the chance to shine for long. Probably this is the reason i want Tobi to be Obito, at least in part: i want to see him interact with kakashi, and hear the truth about Rin's death from our masked sensei

Que gatito mas leeendo!!! hikonami's Avatar
    i do have a question, so tobi is obito, then how could he survive tons and tons of rocks? rin (a medical ninja) claimed half his body was smashed, he gave his good eye to kakashi, even Minato affirmed he had died....how could he?? ( i know that probably that's gonna appear in the manga eventually but still i like reading other people's opinions)
    Miau, Miau, Miau.....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

well there is still no concrete proof that obito is tobi as there has been no dialog after tobi's mask was removed(altho the flashback of obito kinda pushes the weight in his favor), the only thing we really know is that it is obito's body, for all we know it could be a zetsu clone with some implanted personality or it could be possesed, however i do agree that if obito is infact tobi then those questions are indeed very important. im still assuming that it is "simply" his body that is being used and that it is some1 else that is controlling it, most likely izuna. in naruto anything goes really, we have no say in it, there are some evidence that it is obito, but izuna would be a much better fit, if you ask me.