The sage was a fullness, he created his lineage to each be a fragment of what he was so to speak. Any member from those fragments (madara in this case) must advance themselves in some sense with other fragments to develop a more complete composite of the so6p.
To put it simply, madara is only a fraction in power and body to so6p. He is physically incapable of receiving rinnegan the way so6p did BECAUSE the so6p is RESPONSIBLE for madara's incomplete physical state and needing to advance sharingan into rinnegan.
And, almara, i want to take this moment to apologize for all those times i was ugly to you. I
Truly sorry for the hostility and attitude. I see it is unwelcome in this community and i set a bad example.
My question, it's had me thinking and wondering for over a year now. So, itachi's lecture to sasuke in their battle just prior to the kirin strike (no, IM not talking about disgruntled Japanese brewers living in Canada), he recalls his meeting the long haired masked man (that's madara). Madara is surprised he was detected. Madara had a hide in plain sight jutsu! Now, what sort of technique was it?
1) generations had passed since he retrieved hashirama's cells and orochimaru had already begun his experiments full swing. Was madara already capable of using some of hashirama's powers beyond simply sustaining his rinnegan? Was he slipping through the trees like zetsu and yamato?
2) tobi masqueraded as madara before the eyes if the kages and sasuke. Minato thought tobi's space time abilities could only be achieved by madara. Did madara have dimensional leap powers identical or similar to obito? Not only does that thread elements together in my belief obito is a descendant of madara or izuna but that technique has been 100% shown to make light work of almost all super elite forms of detection because it bypasses them completely! Can madara hop dimensions too? Also, was his meteor summon a creation tech or was it called from a dimension? Was his two for the price of one meteor a symbolic secret gesture of crushing hope and a way of justice like how the crushing rocks, twice falling on obito were illustratively instrumental in his transformation?
3) is he using muu's invisibility tech? Muu strangely enough has techniques which visually and conceptually tie into madara and tobi and the nature of those techniques can satisfactorily explain the two halves of zetsu and madara/tobi.
4) is he using illusion or genjutsu to fool people into thinking they don't notice him?
5) which explanation can both allow madara to be stealthy and detectable yet have the exception of itachi noticing madara's presence.
Well, madara was the long haired masked man. Now, why did he also have a mask? He had already given his eyes to nagato! It was obvious and in my face whole time and i didn't make the connection. Who's eye or eyes did madara have after giving his rinnegan to nagato? Also, since obito changed to a whirlpool mask, did madara's flame mask reflect his primary power beyond the usual uchiha affinity for fire?
-What was madara's technique for avoiding detection?
-Who's eyes did madara have after giving nagato rinnegan?
-What was up with madara's mask?
Awesome bonus question:
-Are the elder son's eyes preserved and in use by anybody? Dun dun dunnnn