View Poll Results: Poll?

Voters
9038. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

    9,008 99.67%
  • Yes?

    11 0.12%
  • Maybe

    19 0.21%
Page 604 of 624 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 594 602 603 604 605 606 614 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 6237
  1. #6031
    Senior Member Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    What happened to the senju!??? When loosely talking, you can say in conversation that the uchiha and senju rivalry more or less settled after madara and hashirama's fight 60-100 years ago. That's is nowhere near enough time and generations to dilute or disperse such a prominent and dominatingly powerful clan. Did they really suffer such heavy casualties fighting uchiha that few were left on either side of their conflicts? Did they suffer a fate similar to uzumakis during one of the wars? Did madara orchestrate their demise just as i believe he did with the uchiha massacre? Which, btw could be true if he lost his eye using a forbidden sharingan technique to shape events which destroyed his rival clan he so despised.
    Well, the Senju clan was actually like a mini village, they were a gathering of many powerful bloodlines. There wasn't anything like a village system back then and thus they had to move under the Senju bander. Of course true Senju existed there as well, Tobirama and Hashirama are an excellent example of that. It is even implied that the Fatso, Mindswitch and the Shadow clan moved under the Senju name, before the village was created, or at least cooperated together even before the peace union, but you know, Senju being the more powerful and dominant one, would always get the credit ;P. Beside clans that lives separately, or have their own districts in the village, most of them most likely belonged to Senju, even before the union, especially looking at Tobi's words, that the village is controlled by Senju (where only 3 of 5 hokages had that surname, plus the ones that work in the shadows of the shadows).

    Uzumaki clan was more like the current Hyuga clan. They tidily shut themselves in their village to protect their bloodline and sealing jutsu (one of the reasons why they might have been attacked, was to obtain a jinchuriki seal and that they were dangerous). We don't know how big their village was, only that it was filled with Uzumakis... I guess superior life energy would allow a normal Uzumaki woman to bear 10 babies at a time without even sweating ... not to mention that as Hyuga's, Uzumaki's power allowed them to have kids with each other without the risk of their babies missing a few chromosomes, or perhaps that is the reason for their powers/bloodline limit mutating .



  2. #6032
    Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Posts
    505
    Q: Is Madara better off having been resurrected as an EDO rather than being resurrected using the Rinnigan?

    I say yes. Seems to me that the Rinningan would have just bought him back to life the way he was prior to his death. On the other hand, Edo gives you quasi-immortalness, infinite chakra, plus the ability to have your pre-death self enhanced, in Madaras case being enhanced with Hashirama's genes.

    What do you guys think?
    FOOLS!!!!!


    Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

  3. #6033
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    Q: Is Madara better off having been resurrected as an EDO rather than being resurrected using the Rinnigan?

    I say yes. Seems to me that the Rinningan would have just bought him back to life the way he was prior to his death. On the other hand, Edo gives you quasi-immortalness, infinite chakra, plus the ability to have your pre-death self enhanced, in Madaras case being enhanced with Hashirama's genes.

    What do you guys think?
    That is THE question, is it not?

    We don't know exactly how Madara had planned to Self Resurrect before Kabuto butted in. He may have planned to use the Vacant Hashirama body, plus some plant genes (as in Zetsu), the combination of which would have guaranteed incredible vitality along with the self repair/self reproducing (as in budding a new body), which would have also yielded immortality of sorts combined with a complete Hashirama body and not just a Hashirama head. As the situation is right now, does he even want or need a Moons Eye Plan?

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  4. #6034
    Senior Member knife eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    532
    Just curios, oh, readers; which, in your not so humble opinions, is the better class of jutsu?

    Is it space/time tech the likes of which minato used to teleport himself with seals and also cast away the fearsome 9tails and its strongest attacks to a distant location. The likes of which Tobi and kakashi use to open gates to other dimensions. The power to operate normally but within the span of less than a fraction of a second.

    Or is it high level genjutsu, the likes of which itachi can use to corrupt and control what is perceived as reality and pain. The likes of which shisui can use to make you believe in and follow a different path.

    These two classes of techniques are the basis of what if fight arguments. Instead if speculating the awesomeness of a particular shinobi, let's see which style of fighting us thought best in practice and potential.

    I go with space/time in practice but genjutsu in potential. In practice space time gives ins and outs for defense against genjutsu (too fast to be caught) and usually affords the element of surprise in a battle. In potential, should a genjutsu succeed in catching a space time ninja, the fight is mist likely over. IMO would be rare for that to happen.

  5. #6035
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    Just curios, oh, readers; which, in your not so humble opinions, is the better class of jutsu?

    Is it space/time tech the likes of which minato used to teleport himself with seals and also cast away the fearsome 9tails and its strongest attacks to a distant location. The likes of which Tobi and kakashi use to open gates to other dimensions. The power to operate normally but within the span of less than a fraction of a second.

    Or is it high level genjutsu, the likes of which itachi can use to corrupt and control what is perceived as reality and pain. The likes of which shisui can use to make you believe in and follow a different path.

    These two classes of techniques are the basis of what if fight arguments. Instead if speculating the awesomeness of a particular shinobi, let's see which style of fighting us thought best in practice and potential.

    I go with space/time in practice but genjutsu in potential. In practice space time gives ins and outs for defense against genjutsu (too fast to be caught) and usually affords the element of surprise in a battle. In potential, should a genjutsu succeed in catching a space time ninja, the fight is mist likely over. IMO would be rare for that to happen.
    They're both Yin type jutsu, and I don't generally like to consider one type of jutsu to be superior to another type. It would also depend on what else the Shinobi had in their arsenal, as always. Consider Tobi, who uses both Genjutsu and Space/Time at the highest level to achieve his goals... Genjutsu lets him enslave the Kyuubi, Space/Time lets him teleport anywhere, avoid attacks, and capture opponents.

  6. #6036
    Senior Member knife eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    532
    I'm asking assuming the finest use of either types. For a crude and off the mark rock paper scissors approach, I'll throw in sealing. Genjutsu, sealing, or space time. Which is best in your opinion given they all play crucial roles in deciding victory in super high level conflicts.

  7. #6037
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    I'm asking assuming the finest use of either types. For a crude and off the mark rock paper scissors approach, I'll throw in sealing. Genjutsu, sealing, or space time. Which is best in your opinion given they all play crucial roles in deciding victory in super high level conflicts.
    I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. However, I think it's an oversimplification to say that any of these types of jutsu are strong/weak against another type, because it depends on the user/opponent/situation. Minato has high level Space/Time and Sealing jutsu. Tobi has high level Space/Time and Genjutsu. Itachi has even stronger Genjutsu (and more powerful Ninjutsu than the other two, but it isn't Space/Time Ninjutsu). I'd consider any of the three to have a decent shot at defeating the others (prior to Tobi's Rinnegan), but I don't see any logical rock/paper/scissors example that arises from any of those scenarios, particularly because they're probably the three most intelligent Shinobi in the Narutoverse.

    The more advanced examples of Genjutsu and Space/Time Jutsu typically are Sharingan techniques, because the Sharingan is a tool specifically for those two types of Jutsu (which are both heavily Yin-oriented). Since the more powerful Shinobi at this point have some form of Sharingan, these techniques will be more hyped. Tobi's Moon's Eye Plan pretty much proves the potential power of Genjutsu is limitless, but how contrived is that example, and how much preparation is needed to pull it off? And it's equally foolish to hype Genjutsu just because Itachi can defeat 99.99% of shinobi with his illusions... it's Itachi himself that is superior, not his choice of style.

    The more common Space/Time Jutsu are usually Summoning techniques (Hiraishin/Edo Tensei are powerful techniques in the right hands / with the right preparation). If someone has something powerful to summon (Edo Madara, the Kyuubi), Summoning Jutsu will be very strong. However, aside from Minato's Space/Time barriers and whatnot, I haven't seen many non-Sharingan users that specialize in Space/Time. Tobi's Space/Time allows him to laugh off just about any opponent, but he's the only one capable of such techniques (for whatever reason).

    Sealing jutsu are typically more supplementary, used to fit a specific situation. Some of the strongest techniques in the manga are Sealing techniques (Death God, Jinchuuriki Seal). However, it's not like anyone is going to constantly summon the Death God or win every fight by creating a Jinchuuriki. Minato is a good example of someone who uses quite a few Sealing jutsu to handle unique situations (Contract Seal to break Tobi's hold on the Kyuubi, etc), but I'm sure he could finish most of his fights with a swift Hiraishin + Rasengan.

    If I were to go with one, I'd personally pick Genjutsu, because it seems more generally useful in its own right rather than relying on a specific set of circumstances or preparation. However, it's really a somewhat loaded argument, because Sealing Jutsu and Space/Time Jutsu are both merely categories of Ninjutsu; if you asked me whether Ninjutsu or Genjutsu was more valuable, I'd probably say Ninjutsu. And I still wouldn't say that leads to any rock/paper/scissors comparison, I just think Ninjutsu can be pretty much anything and affects the real world by default; there doesn't even need to be an opponent present for a Ninjutsu to be powerful/effective, while Genjutsu is basically only useful for combat situations, and even then it can be broken by an opponent's team-mate most of the time.
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 07-01-2012 at 10:22 AM.

  8. #6038
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,961
    Back to more mundane (and pressing) Questions:

    1) Is the Edo Tensei seal Universally the same, not withstanding who performs it, or if the Jutsu was modified (as per Kabuto)?

    2) Assuming Madara knew the Edo Tensei seal all along, Could he have freed himself anytime he wanted?

    3) Will Madara resume his battle with the Kages, or will he Superior and Confident, take off and leave the Kages to ponder their fates?

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  9. #6039
    Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Back to more mundane (and pressing) Questions:

    1) Is the Edo Tensei seal Universally the same, not withstanding who performs it, or if the Jutsu was modified (as per Kabuto)?

    2) Assuming Madara knew the Edo Tensei seal all along, Could he have freed himself anytime he wanted?

    3) Will Madara resume his battle with the Kages, or will he Superior and Confident, take off and leave the Kages to ponder their fates?
    1. I think so.. you could probably only perfect it, like Oro and eventually Kabuto. These two probably experimented Edo Tensei on so many bodies, that they found a way for making it stronger.

    2. No, he couldn't. If he could do that, he would have done it right away.. and he was still under Kabuto's mind control, so he couldn't perform the seal for releasing himself. Though he could've known that this moment would be happening; a short moment of being released from control.

    3. I believe he played too long with those Kage's, someone needs to die. Tobi will come to him, and not the way around. At this point: everyone knows that Tobi isn't the real Madara.. so he will probably teleport to Madara, having a little chat with the kage's next to Madara and teleport back to 1; Kabuto's location ( seeing Sasuke, Madara's only true descendant ) or 2; Gedou Mazo.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

  10. #6040
    首はねスレイマン Saiges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Battle of Dias
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Aga bomBa View Post
    2. No, he couldn't. If he could do that, he would have done it right away.. and he was still under Kabuto's mind control, so he couldn't perform the seal for releasing himself. Though he could've known that this moment would be happening; a short moment of being released from control.
    I disagree here. He could, assuming Kabuto didn't know about the "undoing-contract-seals". There was no reason to use it...yet.
    As for the mind controlling, Kabuto asked Madara to show him his legendary uchiha power, so Madara moved freely since he got summoned.
    __________________________________________


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •