Voters
9038. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

9,008 99.67%
  • Yes?

11 0.12%
  • Maybe

19 0.21%
Page 526 of 624 FirstFirst ... 26 426 476 516 524 525 526 527 528 536 576 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 6237
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Yes, they are. Shikamaru's shadow mimic jutsu is based on dark and Chouji's on light. At least that is what Yamato said, when Naruto asked about them (though Yamato didn't actually say which is dark or light, but it isn't hard to guess).

Light and Dark is another way of saying Yin and Yang.

Yin the power based on the spiritual energy that governs the imagination, can be used to create form out of nothingness is the source of jutsu's like Susnaoo and the Nara clans Shadow manipulation jutsu.

Yang is based on the physical energy that governs vitality, can be used to breathe life into form is source for Akamichi clans Multi Sized styled jutsu & Wood element jutsu

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Yes, they are. Shikamaru's shadow mimic jutsu is based on dark and Chouji's on light. At least that is what Yamato said, when Naruto asked about them (though Yamato didn't actually say which is dark or light, but it isn't hard to guess).
    You're talking about Yin/Yang, which we already understand. In that case, Sasuke's jutsu ARE based on Yin (spiritual), and Naruto's jutsu are based on Yang (physical). Both of those elements are found in every form of chakra. For instance, the Kyuubi had its Yin half sealed by Minato, and Naruto only possesses the Yang half.

When I said there isn't "light/dark" chakra, I meant it's not the same as, say, "fire-type" or "wind-type"... that's why the difference wasn't covered when Naruto learned about elemental techniques. It's not like how fire beats wind, or water beats fire. There's no "light beats dark" or anything. Genjutsu is based on Yin, while physical techniques like Yamato's Mokuton are based on Yang. Other techniques combine different ratios (Shikamaru's Shadow Mimic falls more under Yin than Yang, Chouji's Natural Male Enhancement falls mostly under Yang, etc). Izanagi is a perfect balance of both, where it makes a genjutsu become reality.

How would one counter Izanagi?

Meaning DURING the jutsu. When the person decides to teleport out of some fatal attack. Can Minato's techniques can be used to counter it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobirama Senju View Post
    How would one counter Izanagi?

Meaning DURING the jutsu. When the person decides to teleport out of some fatal attack. Can Minato's techniques can be used to counter it?
    I think Minato would be fast enough to completely avoid most attacks during Izanagi, and he could strike very quickly if the user was even a bit slow in re-activating their technique. But no matter how many times he teleported to Danzou and landed a Rasengan during Izanagi, it would be useless.

The key thing is that, while Izanagi makes the user invincible (their "dream" rules apply to their body), it doesn't make their own attacks almighty. They still have to use their normal techniques to defeat their opponent. The best example is Madara; he used Izanagi to survive 600 Billion of Konan's explosive tags, then won by stabbing her with a broken pipe.

Izanagi is a powerful technique, but unlike a lot of the attacks we're seeing these days it requires seals to activate. Danzou was shown struggling to get the seals off in time against fast attacks such as Susano'o's arrows. A VERY fast opponent might be able to make it in time to land an attack before Izanagi was active. Naruto's current speed, or Kakashi's Kamui, could potentially work.

Konoha was the first ninja vilage. The two heads of the strongest clans (Uchiha and Senju) gathered all ninja clans in their reach and created Konoha. Almost all people in konoha have a ninja lineage and probably about a 1/6 has a pretty long one (the 3 clans, Senju, Uchiha, Hyuga etc.).

Example of a ninja without any lineage, is Lee (but who knows ? xD). His ninjutsu skills are close to none, if he we wasn't an extremly, beyond reasoning, hard working character, then even gening level could be out of reach. Normal humans, wouldn't probably go beyond chunin, most would be just a genin.

Most of the ninja clans are tied to Rikudou (most of the lineage is watered down), it's just like this in this manga, he is like Noe to the ninja world.
    No, most ninja are not tied to the Rikudou. The only clans tied to the Rikudou are Uzumaki, Senju, and Uchiha. As of right now everyone is assuming Hyuuga but theres nothing that indicates that.

Konoha was started by the Uchiha and Senju, and they gathered MANY other clans that have absolutely no relation to the rikudou what so ever, and if u think they do then ur just speculating based on nothing. The Uchiha were selective and isolated and now dead so we already know there are no ninja related to the Uchiha in Konoha right now. The Senju were never a big clan to begin with and yes they separated so random ninja may have some senju in them but definitely not the majority. I know for a fact Danzo doesnt have senju blood cause he was a child at the time of Konoha founding.

The descendants of the Rikudou are a very small group. All the Uzumakis are dead except Naruto, and the only confirmed living Senju is Tsunade. The only uchihas left are Sasuke and Madara so there are only 4 descendants left.

1)There's a chance that Uzumakis may not be all dead since they were dispersed. (Think happy thoughts, man!)

2) Naruto is only half Uzumaki

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

What are the limits to the almighty Izanagi?

We all know the 60 second rule, but the Rikudou apparently bypassed that rule, by separating the beasts. What are the limits of its magical powers? Can you blow up the universe with Izanagi?

We all know the 60 second rule, but the Rikudou apparently bypassed that rule, by separating the beasts. What are the limits of its magical powers? Can you blow up the universe with Izanagi?
    I think the Izanagi is a Creation technique, not one of destruction. Note that the Sage did not ( or maybe could not) Kill or destroy the Juubi. So I don't think you can directly blow up anything with it

Secondly, it would be inaccurate to say that the Sixty second rule had much to do with the Original Izanagi, or even the Izanagi of an Uchiha. It seemed to me to be a factor only as to how Danzo could use it given his arrangement of Sharingans and Hashirama's DNA. It might be shorter or longer if Madara tried it for instance

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

The Sharingan version, used by Danzou/Madara, only affects the user. It costs a lot of chakra, and permanently blinds the Sharingan, to use it. It basically just treats anything that happens to the user as if it were a genjutsu, but it doesn't do much else. It doesn't actually harm the opponent, it's a defensive move. The user still has to use their own attacks while Izanagi is active, but their attacks will be able to work against the opponent, but the opponent's will not affect them.

The Rikudou's Rinnegan version allowed him to create lasting things from his dreams, such as the Bijuu. He was still limited by chakra; the strength of the creatures he created were only equal to the total chakra of the Ten Tails inside of him. It also clearly didn't consume his eyes, like the Sharingan version, so we can assume that the Rinnegan will not go blind from using Izanagi. Still, chakra is a limiting factor.

All of these posts are nice and reasonable. I have one more question.

Couldn't the user of Izanagi use the powers of his/her dreams to negate the effects that Izanagi pose? Say, Danzo hates the fact that Izanagi blinds one of his eyes, so he uses the power of Izanagi to eliminate the negative effects of the jutsu itself.

Yes, I am fascinated with Izanagi as Psukarr is with the byakugan.