Voters
9038. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

9,008 99.67%
  • Yes?

11 0.12%
  • Maybe

19 0.21%
Page 517 of 624 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 515 516 517 518 519 527 567 617 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 6237
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    You kind of answer your own question in the first part. Just because a ninja only uses select few techniques, doesn't mean he doesn't have much, much more in his arsenal. The foremost prime example is Kakashi. He's copied over 1000 jutsus (he's officially owned up to it), yet only uses a few techniques at any one time. It's only natural that some techniques are common across the countries, but it's mostly the A- and S-ranked techniques that are spread few and far between in villages, and those techniques are the ones villages don't want being spread around too much if they can help it.

What's said above ties in to your second part too. It only makes sense that you wouldn't be teaching your best and most secretive moves to any and everyone. That's just stupid. Likewise, it only makes sense that you only want to teach your best and most secretive moves to the people you personally trust. Because wouldn't it royally suck if somewhere down the road, you find yourself being attacked with your best technique? This is an extreme example, but if you have a technique that can end the world, would you be trying to teach that to everyone in your village? Of course not. You'd only teach that to a person you could truly trust with a technique like that. This is more than likely what any person who knows any rare A/S rank techniques is thinking.
    So you're saying there are a or some A and S rank jutsu or techniques that a decent number of people somehow get taught, somehow, somewhere, but never really shown, but don't feel it's necessary to use any of these in battles where they might die?

And Yeah, I get Kakashi is a prime example, but in all honesty we don't know why he doesn't really use those other 1000 jutsus. And for that matter he uses basically the same jutsus for the most part. It could be possible while the eye remembers the jutsu if he doesn't recall it, he can't use it. Either way, it doesn't really make sense if Kakashi copied 1000 worthless jutsus. Why copy all these apparently weak useless jutsu? Because they're unique?

Even if he only copied 10 useful or powerful jutsu, why not ever use them in 500+ chapters? I'm going a bit off topic but The same applies to the jutsus in a village.

I can get most of these other suspicious villages but in the cases of the Raikage's, or (Yeah), but in dealing with the Leaf village specifically, they have only had few betrayals, with the majority seemingly recently. With them constantly preaching about the will of fire, I am surprised Every1 would be that suspicious of nearly every1 they plan to give their will to and for. Wouldn't the "will of fire" push them to make as many of their future as strong as possible?
    Plus "a technique that can end the world", none such thing really exists, so it's not like I'm expecting that. But it's more like what Kakshi and Jiraiya did in the 1st place, but in a scale for the whole village, if they see it as possible for some individual ninjas.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

^ You can't forget that some jutsu can be only casted under certain conditions. For example, most of the water type ninjutsu needs water to be near, as the jutsus itself manipulates already existed water. It's possible to create water, but it is heavy chakra consuming (you are making something only from energy-chakra after all) and so the only ones we have seen creating water were the second hokage and Kisame (S-rank ninjas).

You shouldn't forget that other fodder ninjas did in fact use various tpye of ninjutsu, it's just that they are fodder and so not important (basically it was shown in one panel xD) story wise, so Kishi didn't concentrate on them (on the other hand he showed how each of the edo zombies bloodline limit works and the swordsmans weapons).

Here you have the not so fodder ninja's jutsu (mainly the last panel):
    Spoiler!

Here the fodder shinobi:
    Spoiler!

From this pic I can see fire and wind type ninjutsu, exploding tags, probably some shadow shurikens and weapons strenghtened by elemental manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    So you're saying there are a or some A and S rank jutsu or techniques that a decent number of people somehow get taught, somehow, somewhere, but never really shown, but don't feel it's necessary to use any of these in battles where they might die?

And Yeah, I get Kakashi is a prime example, but in all honesty we don't know why he doesn't really use those other 1000 jutsus. And for that matter he uses basically the same jutsus for the most part. It could be possible while the eye remembers the jutsu if he doesn't recall it, he can't use it. Either way, it doesn't really make sense if Kakashi copied 1000 worthless jutsus. Why copy all these apparently weak useless jutsu? Because they're unique?

Even if he only copied 10 useful or powerful jutsu, why not ever use them in 500+ chapters? I'm going a bit off topic but The same applies to the jutsus in a village.

I can get most of these other suspicious villages but in the cases of the Raikage's, or (Yeah), but in dealing with the Leaf village specifically, they have only had few betrayals, with the majority seemingly recently. With them constantly preaching about the will of fire, I am surprised Every1 would be that suspicious of nearly every1 they plan to give their will to and for. Wouldn't the "will of fire" push them to make as many of their future as strong as possible?
    Plus "a technique that can end the world", none such thing really exists, so it's not like I'm expecting that. But it's more like what Kakshi and Jiraiya did in the 1st place, but in a scale for the whole village, if they see it as possible for some individual ninjas.
    "It could be possible while the eye remembers the jutsu if he doesn't recall it, he can't use it."

In other words, if he doesn't remember it, he can't use it. That goes for anyone whether they have a sharingan or not, so don't really know why you brought that up.

I didn't say anything about people using A/S rank moves just because they have them. I only said that people may have more in their jutsu arsenal than what we're shown (of course, that could include A/S rank techniques) and used Kakashi as an example. Anyway, why should Kakashi use anymore jutsus than he's already shown? Isn't it a good thing if he can get through a fight without having to delve deeper into his arsenal? Same applies to everyone. Why use your best of the best moves if you don't have to and why use more moves than is necessary? But these reasons only apply to the confines of the manga. Anything else has to do with Kishi lol.

About them passing techniques on to others, if you realize that some (or all) villages have people like Orochimaru in them, I think you can understand why it's wise for anyone passing on a great technique to be picky about who they teach. That's why what you're suggesting just wouldn't be realistic in my eyes.

Appearance of Darkness Aga bomBa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post

I understand you want to see, why Kakashi is called to be a genius who has 1000 jutsus in his arsenal.. but that doesn't mean that all of those jutsus are from the highest level. We all know that the Sharingan drains a lot of his chakra + he doesn't has a chakra capacity like Naruto.
    That's why he's been using his jutsu's effiecently, instead off spamming alll elements in one fight. And the biggest reason why Kakashi doesn't uses all of his jutsu's, is all because he plans every little detail and by doing that; he saves his chakra and still get the job done. Kakashi is a good representation of what a shinobi is all about..

- Take Itachi Uchiha as example. Itachi's is so powerful, that he doesn't need to spam Susanoo and Ama against every shinobi. And it's not that they don't want to use a A or S class jutsu's, it's all about the situation @ that moment. Why would you spam the shit out of jutsu's, when you can get the job done without even breaking a sweat? It's not dragonball Z where they need to fire 50 kamehama's, Galic Gun etc.

A shinobi, a ninja.. are made and trained for getting their job done as fast as possible; some of them aren't that stealth, because they lack the intelligence, though on the other hand; their positive thing is that they normally have huge chakra capacity for getting their job done: Take Naruto and Kisame for example. If KISAME didn't use that big ass water prison agaisnt Killer Bee, then C could never sensed them that easily.
    But just wait; Kakashi's rampage is yet to come.
    ... You're Dead 2 Me Now ...

If Kakashi truly had 1000 techniques in his arsenal, he'd be way overpowered and have no defining fighting style other than always winning. His low chakra capacity and large range of jutsu is already his thing, but at least he sticks mostly to lightning/earth attacks, genjutsu, summons, and occasionally his Mangekyou.

Don't bother arguing over why Kakashi does or doesn't use all his techniques within the context of the manga... it's all got to do with storytelling. For a Shounen manga, the movesets/fighting styles of characters are realistically the most significant aspect of "character development."

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    If Kakashi truly had 1000 techniques in his arsenal, he'd be way overpowered and have no defining fighting style other than always winning. His low chakra capacity and large range of jutsu is already his thing, but at least he sticks mostly to lightning/earth attacks, genjutsu, summons, and occasionally his Mangekyou.

Don't bother arguing over why Kakashi does or doesn't use all his techniques within the context of the manga... it's all got to do with storytelling. For a Shounen manga, the movesets/fighting styles of characters are realistically the most significant aspect of "character development."
    Kakashi could literally have over a thousand techniques. It must be possible, or else Orochimarus goal of learning all ninjutsu is pointless. Perhaps, most of the techniques Kakashi learnt may simply be too feeble for most of his battles, or they may consume too much Chakra for a relatively low chakra Ninja like Kakashi, so he gravitates toward the most efficient techniques demanded by the occassion

In any case it really is impossible for Kishi to show all or even many, much less most of the techniques Kakashi knows, because the manga is about Naruto, not about Kakashi. It would be an interesting project for someone to go through the Manga and catalog all the techniques Kakashi has ever used.
    Last edited by paulbee; 05-23-2011 at 01:41 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Imagine if you could perform 1000 jutsus. Would you really be randomly picking new one in a fight just to show-off ? NO, you would stick to your favourite and most efficent jutsus, or those that come off as a good idea to use in a fight. Plus, I dont really think kakashi could do 1000 jutsus, its just a statement to underline that he copied a LOT of jutsus from other ninjas.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Imagine if you could perform 1000 jutsus. Would you really be randomly picking new one in a fight just to show-off ? NO, you would stick to your favourite and most efficent jutsus, or those that come off as a good idea to use in a fight. Plus, I dont really think kakashi could do 1000 jutsus, its just a statement to underline that he copied a LOT of jutsus from other ninjas.
    Just a thought....Why can't Kakashi know a thousand jutsus? Surely the "1,000" number is not that hard to believe. Medical Doctors are expected to know the names and functions of hundreds, if not thousands of organs/cells, chemicals, and systems in the body. Some sports commentators have an encyclopedic knowledge of past and present sports figures along with their personal stats. London Taxi cab drivers know just about all the streets in london, and how to get there from anywhere else (without looking at a map). So, why would the idea of a Thousand Jutsus be so outrageous.

We have to remember that Kakashi has one advantage over doctors, sports commentators, and London Taxi Cab drivers.......He lives in a Manga, and He Has A SHARINGAN (yes, don't forget the magical jack-of all-trades, do-everything-no-jutsu eyeballs).

With a Sharingan, you can learn anything just by seeing it once....(Every college student should have one).

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Just a thought....Why can't Kakashi know a thousand jutsus? Surely the "1,000" number is not that hard to believe. Medical Doctors are expected to know the names and functions of hundreds, if not thousands of organs/cells, chemicals, and systems in the body. Some sports commentators have an encyclopedic knowledge of past and present sports figures along with their personal stats. London Taxi cab drivers know just about all the streets in london, and how to get there from anywhere else (without looking at a map). So, why would the idea of a Thousand Jutsus be so outrageous.

We have to remember that Kakashi has one advantage over doctors, sports commentators, and London Taxi Cab drivers.......He lives in a Manga, and He Has A SHARINGAN (yes, don't forget the magical jack-of all-trades, do-everything-no-jutsu eyeballs).

With a Sharingan, you can learn anything just by seeing it once....(Every college student should have one).
    had a dream a couple of days ago, and i possessed the sharingan :] nand using it to escape my way out of some type of prison... go sharingan!!! >:]
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Kakashi could literally have over a thousand techniques. It must be possible, or else Orochimarus goal of learning all ninjutsu is pointless. Perhaps, most of the techniques Kakashi learnt may simply be too feeble for most of his battles, or they may consume too much Chakra for a relatively low chakra Ninja like Kakashi, so he gravitates toward the most efficient techniques demanded by the occassion

In any case it really is impossible for Kishi to show all or even many, much less most of the techniques Kakashi knows, because the manga is about Naruto, not about Kakashi. It would be an interesting project for someone to go through the Manga and catalog all the techniques Kakashi has ever used.
    You're right in saying that he could learn that many techniques, but my point was that Kishi has big incentives to maintain a consistent, and therefore fairly limited, set of techniques for Kakashi. He doesn't even have that many fights, and his fighting style is a major part of what defines him as a character. When we watch him fight, we're waiting for tricks with his Sharingan, we expect him to win using Chidori, and we know he's got those Earth-style techniques for defenses. When he needs to gather or send info, or watch over someone, we know he's gonna summon those ninja dogs. He definitely has over a thousand tricks up his sleeve when it comes to strategy, but it always ends with a Chidori.

Going back to the Orochimaru example, he may be out to learn every jutsu, but Kishi still kept Oro to his definitive fighting style. I mean, all he ever does is spit out snakes. These snakes then spit out himself, which spits out more snakes, which then spit out swords. Or he goes all-out, and spits out himself as a snake made of smaller snakes. Basically, all of his attacks have something to do with snakes and swords.

Orochimaru also pursues mostly forbidden jutsu, or techniques related to the original powers of the Sage... trying to overcome death, experimenting to combine the bloodlines of Senju and Uchiha, etc. The "mad scientist" aspect of him was also character defining.