View Poll Results: Poll?

Voters
9038. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

    9,008 99.67%
  • Yes?

    11 0.12%
  • Maybe

    19 0.21%
Page 425 of 624 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 475 525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 6237
  1. #4241
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesuke View Post
    Did anyone notice how kekkei genkai are initiated. I'm not saying FTG is one, but a few people have exclusive jutsu that are not inherited (like the 1st Mokuton)

    the difference between "normal jutsu" vs kekkei genkai (other than the blood ties) is that you don't have to initiate it with a seal/hand signs.
    Minato used the FTG a sh*t load of times and i've never seen him use hand signs or any visible initiation of said jutsu.

    And the fact that he can differentiate a lot of kunai/location must mean he either can sense all of them internally (in his mind and quickly), or each of the kunai seals are different (even by a bit) and he memories all of them and their location.

    The fact that he doesn't initiate it externally must mean he does it internally, which would suggest that it's a jutsu that is exclusive to him (or it's very complex only for the fact that he doesn't use hand signs which means he only uses his chakra)
    I think it'd be safe to assume that Minato was genius enough to integrate knowledge of seal jutsu into developing a technique that makes him even faster than his shunshin would allow him to.

    Given that there were Masters of Fuuin in Konoha during Minato's time, it's not a stretch to believe that they would have taught him.

  2. #4242
    バカにつける薬はないわね Diesuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    I think it'd be safe to assume that Minato was genius enough to integrate knowledge of seal jutsu into developing a technique that makes him even faster than his shunshin would allow him to.

    Given that there were Masters of Fuuin in Konoha during Minato's time, it's not a stretch to believe that they would have taught him.
    That's not what i was speculated on. I was speculating on if the seal on the kunai was just part of the jutsu (seal/kunai: only to specify a location) and the rest was a exclusive jutsu/ability.
    And as i said in my last post it seems to be an exclusive ability

  3. #4243
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    You know, typically seals serve some purpose. If they're there just to mark the kunai, they wouldn't be much of seals.

    It's obvious that they're the ones giving Minato the ability to teleport.

  4. #4244
    バカにつける薬はないわね Diesuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    You know, typically seals serve some purpose. If they're there just to mark the kunai, they wouldn't be much of seals.

    It's obvious that they're the ones giving Minato the ability to teleport.
    I'm saying they are used to give him the ability to sense the location of the kunai, but with all seals that we have seen (sasukes kunai seals on his arm, tentens scrolls... etc) you have to activate it using some physical means (touching it, using some sort of hand signs)
    Minato doesn't use anything externally so he would have to use it internally.(like all ms justsu/ bloodline limit jutsu)
    I'm not saying it has to be, i'm saying it could be

  5. #4245
    Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,827
    Diesuke is correct. The seal markings on the Kunai is surely not what gives him the ability. It's just a location marker for the jump. Like he told kakashi they alert him when thrown..
    I'm right so if you have another opinion about anything you're wrong!! ...Well unless you said Karin would live or Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes lol!

    Phixion loves to delete my "witty" post..

  6. #4246
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,421
    Sasuke's summoning seals need to be touched because he's grabbing the shuriken from them, or else applying blood to them to initiate a summoning jutsu. Minato's seals are pre-set by already being placed on the Kunai, and then activated at his will to summon/reverse summon him to that location. This, however, is nothing new.

    This is the same as when Danzou placed a seal on Sasuke's throat, and then activated it when he needed to paralyze him. The main point of a seal is that it's a long-term jutsu, which can be triggered by various events encoded into the seal itself, or else bound to the will of the user.

    The seal Danzou placed on Sai activates on its own when he speaks about Danzou, even if Danzou isn't aware of it at the time.

    Even Naruto's own seal is far more incredible than Minato's Hiraishin... I mean, it allowed him to speak to his parents sixteen years after their death, and even allowed Minato to repair the seal itself, and Kushina to tie down the fox. The fact that a seal, of the highest class, can both repair itself, contain multiple wills, and subdue the fox, all without a living person to activate it, is simply amazing.

  7. #4247
    Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,827
    Heres more on why I think Minato can warp w/o seals. I think its more of a situation where Minato was working on T/S jutsu and was practicing him warp. He may have tried to warp from home to Leaf Academy, but ended up in the hidden mist village.. "oh shit I gotta learn to control where I warp to"

    And so he created the seal..
    I'm right so if you have another opinion about anything you're wrong!! ...Well unless you said Karin would live or Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes lol!

    Phixion loves to delete my "witty" post..

  8. #4248
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Sasuke's summoning seals need to be touched because he's grabbing the shuriken from them, or else applying blood to them to initiate a summoning jutsu. Minato's seals are pre-set by already being placed on the Kunai, and then activated at his will to summon/reverse summon him to that location. This, however, is nothing new.

    This is the same as when Danzou placed a seal on Sasuke's throat, and then activated it when he needed to paralyze him. The main point of a seal is that it's a long-term jutsu, which can be triggered by various events encoded into the seal itself, or else bound to the will of the user.

    The seal Danzou placed on Sai activates on its own when he speaks about Danzou, even if Danzou isn't aware of it at the time.

    Even Naruto's own seal is far more incredible than Minato's Hiraishin... I mean, it allowed him to speak to his parents sixteen years after their death, and even allowed Minato to repair the seal itself, and Kushina to tie down the fox. The fact that a seal, of the highest class, can both repair itself, contain multiple wills, and subdue the fox, all without a living person to activate it, is simply amazing.
    Agreed, agreed agreed.

    Regarding Minato's seals, we may yet see better seals as the Manga progresses, but I doubt that.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  9. #4249
    バカにつける薬はないわね Diesuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Sasuke's summoning seals need to be touched because he's grabbing the shuriken from them, or else applying blood to them to initiate a summoning jutsu. Minato's seals are pre-set by already being placed on the Kunai, and then activated at his will to summon/reverse summon him to that location. This, however, is nothing new.

    This is the same as when Danzou placed a seal on Sasuke's throat, and then activated it when he needed to paralyze him. The main point of a seal is that it's a long-term jutsu, which can be triggered by various events encoded into the seal itself, or else bound to the will of the user.

    The seal Danzou placed on Sai activates on its own when he speaks about Danzou, even if Danzou isn't aware of it at the time.

    Even Naruto's own seal is far more incredible than Minato's Hiraishin... I mean, it allowed him to speak to his parents sixteen years after their death, and even allowed Minato to repair the seal itself, and Kushina to tie down the fox. The fact that a seal, of the highest class, can both repair itself, contain multiple wills, and subdue the fox, all without a living person to activate it, is simply amazing.
    eh? to his will?
    The seal you just talked about: Naruto's seal (which allowed him to speak to his dad) and the seal on sai are not activated by will, but are activated by events that might happen.(Naruto losing control over the 9tail, sai talking about Danzo) If they don't meet that pre-registered requirement they don't activate. And the seal Danzo put on sasuke might have been a seal with a time delay (it's a manga, don't let me start talking about how things just conveniently happen), or it's triggered by an event. There is no proof that he activated it by will.(NONE...that i'm aware of)

    Not even that but the fact that he has a sh*t load of kunai and can tell them apart AND since they are seals and he can selectively choose which one to teleport to must mean they all have different requirements. It wouldn't make sense for all of them to have the same requirements (according to you "his will")
    But how does any ninja differentiate between jutsu... handsigns!!
    And the only jutsu that are activated by "will" are... bloodline limits and exclusive jutsu.
    I need proof not speculation ("This is the same as when Danzou placed a seal on Sasuke's throat") to prove that jutsu outside bloodline limits and exclusive jutsu can be activated by will

    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Agreed, agreed agreed.

    Regarding Minato's seals, we may yet see better seals as the Manga progresses, but I doubt that.
    Bee we need to go on things we know(things that are in the manga)

  10. #4250
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    At least one of his space-time techniques does use handseals, though (The Space-time barrier one), so that means his seals have the ability to teleport things via external trigger even without Minato's theoretical innate ability. It's possible that we just don't see the external trigger for his FTG.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •