Voters
9038. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

9,008 99.67%
  • Yes?

11 0.12%
  • Maybe

19 0.21%
Page 224 of 624 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 274 324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 6237
    Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post
    One guy mentioned it that itachi joined akatsuki before the massacre while still being in konoha and defeated oro , it's not true , just forget about it.
    Lmao, how did he come up with that?? Crazy talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal-JyNxX View Post
    Lmao, how did he come up with that?? Crazy talk!
    we didn't have correct info.

Quote Originally Posted by amma2006 View Post
    OK. Let's see another question.
    Q. How old was Itachi during GNW III?

Last edited by Hand Banana; 12-31-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by amma2006 View Post
    OK. Let's see another question.
    Q. How old was Itachi during GNW III?
    Itachi was about 4, going 5 during the great third ninja war in which Minato fought.

@Immortal-Jynx: It doesn't state Itachi's age anywhere in the manga, nor does it state how old he was during the time of the massacre. However we do have confirmation of his age from the first databook, and rest is just logical deductions based on the events that happened in the manga.

I wish I could find the page for ya, but that's POW'S job, the databook states that Itachi was 18 when he first returned to konoha, along with Kisame.

We know already that Naruto was 12 years old at the start of the series and Sasuke is the same age as Naruto. the kyubi attack was 12 years ago when Naruto was born. We also know that the massacre happened 5 years prior to the start of the series, when Naruto and Sasuke were both age 7. Again, this much is confirmed for sure, I'll look for the manga pages after if you still insist.

The events from the start of the series to the fight at VOTE span about 6 months.

So if Itachi was 18, plus let's say 6 months, when he showed up, and the massacre happened 5 years 6 months prior to the VOTE fight, then 18 years 6 months minus 5 years 6 months equals 13, the age that Itachi would've been at the time he killed the uchiha clan. As afro stated, things make more sense when you take the birthdays and months into account when calculating the timeline. Not sure what Naruto's birthday is, but if some1 finds it, we can have more precise timeline.

Now as for the Oro thing, right at the end of the Naruto part 1, after the VOTE fight, when Akatsuki meets up in their cave to discuss Sasuke's choice to go to Oro, Pain says that it has been 7 years since Oro left Akatsuki. This is around chapter 238, before the kakashi gaiden. Now sure but I think some translations said almost 7 years. So if Itachi was 18 at that time, then subtract 7 years from that, you get eleven.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/238/18/

In Oro's flashback about Itachi cutting off Oro's arm, Oro is still wearing his akatsuki robe, so is Itachi. This would mean that Itachi cut Oro's arm when he was still in Akatsuki, which would've meant that Itachi himself was eleven then (maybe 12 if the months line up) and that Itachi joined Akatsuki a year or more prior to the massacre.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/345/08/

As you can see, Itachi didn't use his Mangekyou but only the 3 tomoe sharingans. Itachi didn't gain the Mangekyou up until he killed Shisui days before the massacre. As for Itachi looking much older in that confrontation, I think that he looks pretty much similar to what he looked like at the time of the massacre. Itachi has always looked much older for his age. Also you need to take into account that Itachi was standing on top of the steps, which is why he seemed taller.

So all the known facts show that Itachi killed the clan at age 13, but he joined Akatsuki prior to that at age 12 or few months earlier. This would mean that Itachi was a triple agent working for Madara, the clan, and konoha/root. But Madara's story tells something different, that Itachi sought him out just prior to the massacre and joined Akatsuki after he had killed his clan cause he had nowhere else to go. So this is why people think either Kishi fucked up on the dates, or he still hasn't revealed some things about Itachi/Akatsuki and that Madara was lying once again, unless the uchihas had been planning the coup for a number of years, which is the only explanation I can think of. Hopefully kishi will clear this up in future.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Another nice summary. Naruto birthday is Oct 10 according to the databooks.

@ Rokudaime Sennin: Ok that's the info I needed. So plz tell me when did they ever say Itachi was gone for 5 years??

As for the Oro thing. I'm 1 billion % sure that was a mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal-JyNxX View Post
    @ Rokudaime Sennin: Ok that's the info I needed. So plz tell me when did they ever say Itachi was gone for 5 years??

As for the Oro thing. I'm 1 billion % sure that was a mistake...
    It never precisly says 5 years. It says serveral. But if you do the math. Sasuke was 7-8 assuming his birthday was coming up. When Itachi returned he was 18 according to the 2nd databook. Sasuke was 13. Sasuke being 13 plus the 5 year difference between him and Itachi = 18 which was the age he was when he returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    It never precisly says 5 years. It says serveral. But if you do the math. Sasuke was 7-8 assuming his birthday was coming up. When Itachi returned he was 18 according to the 2nd databook. Sasuke was 13. Sasuke being 13 plus the 5 year difference between him and Itachi = 18 which was the age he was when he returned.
    Ah this finally clears everything up. But I do Kishi didn't think Itachi's timeline over properly. All he had to do is say Itachi was 3 yrs older and everything would make more sense.. And yea the Oro thing is a flat out mistake..

I really don't see how people can deny that Itachi was 13 during the massacre, everything in the manga backs it up. Itachi was 18 at the end of part 1 and Akatsuki says that Orochimaru fled 7 years prior that would make Itachi 11, 12 at the very oldest. We know that Itachi made a deal with Madara before the massacre, how long before is uncertain. In this instance if I am wrong then Kishimoto is wrong.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...2/page005.html
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...5/page008.html

As far as looks go, Itachi has always looked older than he is. Just look here though Itachi is clearly much smaller than the other Uchiha because they are adults and he is still a kid of 12 or 13. He looks a bit older when he faces Orochimaru but not that much older and that is probably simply due to his wardrobe he still looks very short in comparison.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...0/page009.html

Itachi looks tiny compared to Madara and he isn't that big of a guy. The fully grown Itachi is supposed to be taller than Madara (unless Narutopedia is wrong).

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...2/page012.html

They say here that Itachi had been in Anbu for about half a year from the time he was accused of killing Shisui, meaning he has definitely no older than 13 since Kakashi said he became and Anbu captain at 13.

http://www.leafninja.com/fullbio.php?p=Uchiha_Itachi
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Itachi_Uchiha

There are minor discrepencies on the sites I have checked but all of the data I can find puts Itachi at roughly the same age give or take a year. So either I am correct or Kishimoto messed up on multiple occasions.
    Last edited by artifice; 12-31-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Like I pointed out in my earlier post, when you factor in Itachi's birth date and assume that some events of Itachi's time line happened before Itachi actually celebrated a birthday, then everything starts adding up correctly. Kishi was smart to include birthdays in his Databooks or else I'd still be thinking that Itachi was so badass that he distorted the manga's time line.

Q.Who could have told J-man in the end of part I, that Oro had already competed Ritual jutsu ?