Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Oda, Kubo, Kishi

Hmm it's been a long time since their mangas have started.
    I hope the tards keep out of this thread, because this is a thread of progress not dominance.

In their respective beginnings oda was the best the art,the story, everything...and yet i have a feeling that there has been a shift in power recently. Don't get me wrong they are all great mangakas and their work is probably one of the best ever.

I started researching their art, work , plot and lines and noticed that the one who has made most progress and maturity was Kishimoto, also considering things Naruto's theme is the most darkest of all.

Kubo on the other hand his storyline has gotten retarded in an old greek way(meaning he is staling with the plot , this is an expresion), yet i still the character of Ichigo more than luffy or naruto.

Oda was always great, yet he is standing still on the top and with every chapter his manga seems so childlike, the characters are almost shalow caricatures(i mean the new ones)....yet the promise of a great ending keeps me going...

So in conclusion i want to hear your thoughts on all of them,which one of you think will be the best in the end....if this thread causes anything bad i then plea to the admins to immediately close it.

I agree with your post for the most part. Kubo seems to have forgotten what used to make his series great and is really dragging this arc out. His manga has also lost pretty much any of its light hearted humor to help break up this melodramatic mess that Bleach has become. Naruto as a series has definitely matured along with its characters. Kishimoto is doing a pretty great job and I think he has had everything planned out from the start; unlike Kubo who seem to be driving his series recklessly into brick wall after brick wall. The series as a whole is really well written and the art style has definitely matured as well. Oda is an interesting writer in that he is extremely creative. It's true that One Piece has an undeniable child like presence, but it also has one of the best abilities to convey emotion out of the three. I don’t think One Piece is trying to be a deep and moody story but still manages to excite and make you feel emotion; which is probably why I enjoy it the most out of the three.

i almost agree with all you have said, there arent doubts that Kubo turned Bleach in a big mess with the plot, and dragged the history too much, althought i must say i like (very much) his art, except when he pulls off things like punpkin espadas and things like that, and he have improved much from the beginning until now in the art (the same we cant say about the plot :S, but i have hopes that he will surprise me)!

Now to Naruto, althought i'm not a big fan of the series, i read them, the plot is good (has romance and good action) but a bit too many complex imo and it can be the most dramatic of the 3, but not that darkest (only because there are deaths doesnt make it darkest, dramatic maybe, but darkest no), personnaly i dislike the art of naruto, the character looks too similar to each other imo, and isnt so detailed as others (maybe the reason that makes some of you like it).

Finnaly about Oda (i'll try to put by fanboyism away!! ), he has developed is art along the years, but not so drastically as kubo, and has a good variety of characters design, and the backgrounds are the more detailed of all the 3, he is also a creative beast (who reads knows!) and his plot grew much along the time, as the you can say by reading the last chapters, the manga have become more mature and taking care of serious issues, and the only think that makes it childish is the art design, because without that it has the same or even more blood and tears as the others! Maybe it has childish design and scenes to balance with the seriousness of the history, who knows?!..

P.s: i couldnt give a proper opinion of naruto since i'm not a great fan, and dont know each detail, jutsu and clan of manga, but about the rest i gave my own opinion conscient of what i was talking!

So who grew more in art? KUBO!!
    In plot? KISHI (imo he even developed too much!)
    In both? maybe ODA, just compare the themes of the beggining arcs with the ones from lately

Keep giving your opinion people and dont flame/bash

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

Oda - Can't really judge since I only read 70 One Piece chapters. I don't like his art style and the manga doesn't seem to enjoy enough to read it more.
    Kubo - He completely fucked up in my opinion. Bleach manga lost my interest a lot.
    Kishi - I think most people will agree with me that Naruto has been very nice the last few weeks. Also I liked the plot development after Tobi revealed his Sharingan in Part II.

hmm nice point but to be perfectly honest kishimoto having matured the most is absolutely ridiculous pay closer attention and you will find that he is using every trick in the book to make the story longer than is required to make it enjoyable. he has yet to learn how to effectively use his plot and reduce the time he focuses on fights as of now things are getting repetitive, after this current fight things will slow down again and everyone will once again start complaining how kishimoto is killing the manga just as it happened a while back before the naruto and pain's fight.

as far as kubo tite is concerned he started making mistakes around the ending of the save rukia arc. he bit more than he can chew, created a number of characters whom i can no longer keep a track of, he needs to tie up more than a few loose ends and get the story back on track.

well oda is sheer brilliance he has the knack of developing a character as the story moves and as far as you can see no two characters are similar so there is no confusion whatsoever regardless of the sheer no of characters. and he keeps the story moving at all times the story never stalls and you never get the urge to get to the end of the chapter. and regarding his art its most different from what i usually go for, while it doesn't attract me to a huge extent it certainly doesn't repel me and his art style is the one i would say has matured the most compared to his earlier chapters the current character's art are more attractive and ill say i do have a no of wallpapers of robin, nami and princess Hancock, his art just needs getting used to the only reason onepiece hasn't taken off among the fanboys is that they dont love the art initially and don't continue like phixion ( yesh phixion i am calling you a fanboy j/k ). i would recommend you go research more into oda's art style you will find his way most intriguing.
    sig by:ImotoChan

Well i agree with most of the things you've said
    Art: Kubo, last chapter's art was... incredible he is one of the bests
    Story: Kishimoto, i like the way he is developing everithing but i dont like the fact that he is killing everyone, maybe hes trying to end this story with few characters

about oda: Im reading one piece, chapter 305, i must say that when i began to read OP i was de-motivaded as phixion is, i didn like the art, neither the story, i found it too childlish, but chapter after chapter i found it really interesting, the storyline is great, and the fights are awesome, plus the comedy factor, wich is amazing. all of this made one piece a great manga to read.

I think this is the best time of manga, having this 3 great authors at the same time

Thanks Blue hime!

I don't agree on kishi improving the most at all. I liked naruto before the timeskip A LOT more. The plot after the timeskip has been way too irregular. It has way to many unexplainable power-ups and does not reflect the series good enough. The way sasuke and naruto powered up and are somehow 'stronger' then jiraiya and kakashi etc is rediculous. Naruto is somehow a better sage then decades old jiraija after he had just a few weeks of sage training? you've got to be kidding me.
    I think kishi has noticed this and tried to make a change of things with this attack on konoha and all these deaths but i really think he's making the wrong turn here.
    I mean why have a timeskip of 3 years with the characters powering up 'a little' compared to what's happening in a matter of weeks/moments in the story now.(naruto's sage training, sasuke's mangeko)

-Jiraja's death I can understand this one, although i think it came way too early. Naruto 'avenging' jiraji's so called death seems to happen way too early. He shouldn't be even close to strong enough to beat pain.
    -kakashi's death? Why? kakashi was improving steadily and now he kills him when things get interesting. (i think he isn't dead though, but why fake it?) Not to mention the lame way kakashi got defeated by pain. We didn't get to see a thing.
    - weak Tsunadee, She's supposed to be hokage(the strongest person in the village), what the hell did she do to protect her village? Used all her stored up chakra to heal the wounded. That's all. 0_o Now she's counting on naruto to finish off pain pfffffff.
    -Hinata's death. This is the most unexplaining of all, we hardly got to knew her at all. So now her so called 'love' for Naruto was only there to kill her off at the first convenient moment possible for naruto to enter fox-mode? 0_o

There's way to many plotholes in kishi's story after the timeskip for me being able to agree kishi improved the most in plot. I really can't see how the hell you come up with that.

One piece has been consistently the best manga out of these 3. There is little change since the start of one piece in my oppinion but that's because the level Oda produced at the start was already amazingly good. The art is different and at the start i can see why it would scare off people at first sight and think it's 'childish', but when you get really into One Piece there's few people that don't think One Piece is the best thing out there right now.
    Bleach and Naruto are declining in my oppinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
    Oda - Can't really judge since I only read 70 One Piece chapters. I don't like his art style and the manga doesn't seem to enjoy enough to read it more.
    BIG MISTAKE, give One Piece another try.
    Last edited by Dragonflame; 03-11-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

@DragonFlame

I don't want to turn this into a Naruto discussion thread but I have to say a few things.

Kakashi does not seem to be dead and neither does Hinata.

You dislike Naruto and Sasuke becoming stronger then Kakashi and Jiraiya, however the new generation surpassing the old one has always been something very important in the manga.

When I have some more freetime I'll probably pick up One Piece again. But I plan to finish some games and other manga's first.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
    @DragonFlame
    You dislike Naruto and Sasuke becoming stronger then Kakashi and Jiraiya, however the new generation surpassing the old one has always been something very important in the manga.
    I don't have a problem with that. But naruto and sasuke are supposed to be 15 year olds. They're not even out of their puberty yet and surpassing their masters in a matter of weeks... Don't you find that a little strange?

If we look at One Piece(which i know you haven't read but i did), the maincharacters are still considered rookies at this point after 500 chapters. (compared to the big guns)
    Yet looking at naruto and sasuke, they are the strongest people present from the whole fire nation surpassing the supposed legendary Sannin generation in a matter of weeks. 0_o

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    Kishi has been doing some really deep story developement recently, though I admit he does have the occasional "I love Sasuke, so he'll live no matter" spots. Still, the plot line twists and turns fairly reasonably, though character developement lacks. I don't read Bleach or One Piece, but I do watch them when I can. The one thing that Kishi is starting to get good at is a dramatic build up, but too much and he'll disapoint a lot of fans.
    Spoiler!

72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!