• l3l Average

2 9.52%
  • l2l Bad

0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

1 4.76%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    @Knife Eater: Bee broke out of Madara's Mokuton from last chapter, due to Madara being taken out by Guy. The only Mokuton Obito used in this fight was against Naruto, who likewise broke free when he headbutted Obito. In other words, best counter to Mokuton is probably to attack the Mokuton user and break their connection to the binding branches, as doing so reverts the branches to more or less ordinary wood. At least in this version of the Mokuton.

@Paulbee: The Mokuton is Hashirama's means of channeling his pure life force into a living, physical technique. He creates life. It can also, seemingly, absorb life force from Bijuu in order to grow (or, in Zetsu's case, from other shinobi). Basically, it shows a mastery over Life Force / physical energies similar to the Sharingan's mastery over Mental energies. I would guess the SO6P had an equal/stronger way of achieving this, but that it could have been anything, and not necessarily restricted to plants.

The Rinnegan could combine these aspects to create a physical conduit for binding one's physical/mental energies, namely those black rods / chakra chains we've seen used to control Bijuu. They emit chains similar to Kushina's own power, which to me demonstrates a link between her ability (which I'd associate with her unique chakra as practically a Kekkei Genkai) and the SO6P/Rinnegan ability used by Obito.

The SO6P was also a master of ultimate sealing techniques, which probably played the biggest role. He merely had to weaken the Juubi enough to seal it (unless his Sealing Jutsu is the Narutoverse equivalent of a Master Ball).
    I think/Hope/Believe you are right about SO6P and Kushina. Unfortunately, besides having incredible Chakra reserves, Naruto has not shown much of a Kekei Genkai from Kushina, although this is still a future option.

I think there is much tha Kurama could show/teach Naruto. Imagine if they get past this battle, and Naruto can freely give chakra to anyone he wants to. BTW he should hurryup and share Chakra with Gai (the guy is very useful, no pun intended).

I can see how Naruto could easily grow into a Sage of six paths as he develops and ramps up his physical life giving energies, but he still lacks the spiritual element, and I am not a fan of NaruSasuke fusion.

Perhaps the SO6P's prophesy regarding Naruto as a successor can be fulfilled without the need for him to complete becoming a Sage of six paths. All the Sage said essentially is that the Bijuu will be inside someone else, and that he would guide them to a better path.

BTW, Unless there is a Fragment of the Ichibi still inside Gaara, then somehow, Naruto mayl have to enter inside the Juubi and break off the piece needed.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I agree that the SO6P's prophecy can be fulfilled without Naruto actually obtaining the Rinnegan / those powers. All he needs to do is guide the Bijuu (and humanity) to peace.

However, if the Sharingan in some way originates from the Juubi, and the Juubi itself was capable of creating all life (read: Yin/Yang?), perhaps the Juubi contains a high degree of Yin energies (of the exceptional sort required for the Sharingan to be created). It all depends what happens with Naruto/the Juubi, and what the Bijuu gave him. It's pretty obvious the two go hand-in-hand, and he did promise to save them. But maybe, if he becomes the Juubi Jinchuuriki, he'll also obtain its Sharingan/Rinnegan (only while in Juubi Chakra Mode). But I'm still torn on this... if Naruto gains Doujutsu, where does that leave Sasuke?

And yeah, I wonder if Kishi will address the Ichibi issue. Maybe the Ichibi, having been combined with the rest of the Bijuu, will gain their experiences and already be up-to-speed on the Naruto/Bijuu friendship.

Que gatito mas leeendo!!! hikonami's Avatar
    do you guys think the "reinforce" is gonna show up soon?????......i think not, but last time theywere shown they were on their way to back up naruto.....
    Miau, Miau, Miau.....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hikonami View Post
    do you guys think the "reinforce" is gonna show up soon?????......i think not, but last time theywere shown they were on their way to back up naruto.....
    The reinforcements are lucky they weren't in the path of the Bijuudama, since it looks like it wiped out about 20 square miles. Who knows when we'll see them next... probably not until the fighting is all wrapped up.

If going by the facts that naruto is concerned about bonds, itachi realizing knowing when to rely on your comrades is true power, and that protecting loved ones is the most potent fuel down the road to hokage and ofc all the other instances and illustrations if relationships...

It's almost clear that naruto will not be an end all be all ninja god like so6p. Nobody will as an individual and fusion just runs contrary to the message and feel of the manga. The so6p power and likely a power still greater will only be realized in a relationship of people. The themes and plot elements will not be satisfied by a one person super Savior but by naruto and sasuke together and in harmony of purpose but separate in udentity... and perhaps an arrangement of bijuu with them too. Too many recent speeches and flashbacks and even kakashi and obito teases of them both relying on each other to achieve the fullness if their eyes, kishi had made obvious that power and world saving answers will exist as a. Connected plural. Naruto already stated that he will be the wind that empowers sasuke's flames. Naruto is the prophesied saviour because he can be the message personified and deliver what the younger brother couldn't and likely sasuke will eventually have the greater power in most things but only because he had to rely on naruto.

Everyone saying sasuke needs a miraculous power-up to reach naruto's level are missing the point that NARUTO WILL BE SASUKE'S POWER UP!

Naruto saying that if sasuke and he fight they will both die was not merely an appraisal of battle strength but a clever recognition of the destiny threading them to the sons of 6 paths. Fight at full power and gain death. The opposite of that is the essence of what we are reading.
    Last edited by knife eater; 11-16-2012 at 05:18 AM.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

I'm surprised that the Bijuu Dama did not Kill the Group themselves. There is just no way to release an explosion of that magnitude at an object less than 25 ft away.

As far as reinforcements, perhaps only the Tsuchikage can enter this fight and not be a hindrance.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I'm surprised that the Bijuu Dama did not Kill the Group themselves. There is just no way to release an explosion of that magnitude at an object less than 25 ft away.

As far as reinforcements, perhaps only the Tsuchikage can enter this fight and not be a hindrance.
    It's because it's one of those physic-bending fictional explosions that rather than exploding around the radius it hit, the force itself that shot the exploding ball pushes away the explosion (so it's literally bending it) as well in turn making it more wave/line-like rather than circular... or so it seems . I guess the bijuu ball is extremely heavy to the point that it's not shot with wind pressure from their mouths, but form some kind gravitational field... maybe :p.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    It's because it's one of those physic-bending fictional explosions that rather than exploding around the radius it hit, the force itself that shot the exploding ball pushes away the explosion (so it's literally bending it) as well in turn making it more wave/line-like rather than circular... or so it seems . I guess the bijuu ball is extremely heavy to the point that it's not shot with wind pressure from their mouths, but form some kind gravitational field... maybe :p.
    Aaaah!.........Now that you mention I can't believe that I missed such a fundamental Manga Fact (lol). Hope this doesn't mean that I get to go back to kindergarten. I barely passed Marvel 101 the last time I was there.

@spambot: My God, it sounds like Romney's got this in the bag.

Somewhat on-topic: I haven't been this excited for Naruto releases in months! Probably not since Naruto's Bijuu Mode / The Nine Names.. this is really the best stuff that's happened all year. The last two chapters were amazing. I can't stop re-reading.

It's all going to come down to Naruto's secret weapons, Obito's possible betrayal, and Oro/Sasuke's possible intervention. I guess the reinforcements arriving could be another option, but I don't see what any of them would do, even if the Kages (healed of course by Kabuto) were to arrive.

^ The reinforcements... for ninja they sure are slow (then again the action jumped a few times here and there so it's hard to say how much time really passed)... and not to smart. It seems like they have forgotten that there is no way that numbers can win against one Edodara, not to mention Tobi and the 10-tails. Stopping a nuclear warhead from firing is one thing, but going were it explodes is...

Anyway, from what I can guess, it seems that Kyubi was able to copy Hashirama's technique/chakra trait that allows one to regenerate itself (it seems the chakra activates cells to reproduce faster and thus heals the target, good in dire situations, but for a long run, it's a bad thing to do since it shortens the lifespan), seeing as other Bijuu can't do that. Now Naruto can heal almost as well as that Slug summon ;0.