2 9.52%
  • l2l Bad

0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

1 4.76%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    ^I agree with too much of this.

This might have been the SINGLE MOST OPPORTUNE window, in history, that any shinobi has ever been given in which the situation practically required--nay, begged--for the usage of his or her signature technique by providing that shinobi with the element of surprise, execution, and circumstance that would ensure maximum effectiveness and destructiveness of the jutsu. And Kakashi WASTED IT!!!

Where oh WHERE was his "1000 Years of Pain" no jutsu?! >:-(
    I wish Mangashare gave me a "Like" option just for this.

I was super confused by this chapter, whats up with the red beam of light? Or did I just forget to read something? It seemed like lots of jumping around from panel to panel too, first their fighting then their talking then surprise fighting then bijuu-dama all of a sudden in a flash then boom... What the crap did i miss lol
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I was super confused by this chapter, whats up with the red beam of light? Or did I just forget to read something? It seemed like lots of jumping around from panel to panel too, first their fighting then their talking then surprise fighting then bijuu-dama all of a sudden in a flash then boom... What the crap did i miss lol
    The red beam of light is Obito's jutsu used over 10 chapters ago when Bee first tried to attack the Gedo Mazou; it's a massive shield that protects the Mazou while the Juubi is revived fully.

As for the Bijuu Dama at the end, we didn't get to see the events leading up to that, because the POV in the chapter was primarily centered around Kakashi, Obito, and the Naruto that was with them. However, there was another Naruto working off-screen with Bee / presumably Guy to prepare to attack the Mazou at the end while Madara was down for the count (due to Guy's Afternoon Tiger from last chapter, which was still exploding at the start of this chapter).

It's a lot to follow, but I think it was all pretty straight forward... the only thing that surprised me was the Bijuu Dama at the end, since it seemed like a really big event to suddenly be brought into, but I liked it. It'd seem strange if the Naruto/Bee combo was doing less than the Naruto/Kakashi combo, especially considering Madara/the Juubi are bigger threats right now than Obito. I really enjoyed the pacing all around.

It's amazing to me that every sharingan karuma has seen has given him very potent reasons or reminders for despising the doujutsu and its wielders yet this chapter we find him using his power with the clear intention to put a sharingan to use at full power! Very significant play on that relationship between 9 tails and sharingan that is quite rich if you recall the kyubi's words and other flashbacks illustrating madara/tobi/sasuke encountering him. It demonstrated this chapter that as "maki" , naruto spun it the other direction

Also, the mokuton binding around bee was obito's right? I am confused as to why it faltered.

1) did kakashi weaken it with the earth dog wall that has sealing properties?

2) did kakashi's raikiri disrupt the earth component of obito's mokuton?

3) was kakashi responsible in any way?
    3a) was his blood from last chapter intentionally used to disrupt mokuton roots as he let himself bleed into the ground?

4) is obito's existential turmoil and epic denial AND/OR early phases of changing heart eroding his strength and will to carry on with the evil plot?

5) does it have something to do with any element of the shield tower, the mazou transformation and the emerging 10 tails? The 10 tails is shown clearly to be emerging from the ground. If from the ground then many possible reasons arise as to obito's or madara's mokuton abilities being part of the process to raise the 10 tails from the ground.

The 10 tails. The state of it supposedly weakened, incomplete or someway "lesser" is communicated possibly by its introduction being of its only partial presence above the earth. It also is obviously dramatic and great impact to treat such looming forces with an "emerging " posture but here it can go either or both ways. I bet that it will remain partially submerged and kishi will raise it some more each time it gets more of it's power back (R.I.P. bee).

I think the usual rules of tailed beasts, edo tensei, and rinnegan wont always apply here because all 3 elements are challenged by the sheer fact their "exception to rule" forms are present together at once! For instance, will edo tensei prevent madara from playing the role he wished this stage of plan because conventional wisdom suggests edo zombies can't be jinchuuriki? Why would madara even risk it by staying in edo form? He knows Yin and Yang tech, the uchiha kinjutsus, and so6p techs.. so getting out of jail could be quite simple. If madara can control aspects of his own edo contract then why believe he doesn't have even more control, for instance, through loopholes feeding his inexhaustible chakra to his rinnegan and using rinnei tensei to transfer his now unbound by contract soul wherever and however he wishes? Seems once long ago certain principles and facts from early manga will be turned on head with this epic triangle playing out.

P.s. kakashi is not killing obito simply by the fact he lives him but also because he is smart enough to know he needs him to tip the fight into good guy's favor. We have 3 panels from the past 2 chapters now that show talk no jutsu is slowly working its way into obito's conscience. Proof is that obito betrayed his own words now. He always claimed he no longer cares, the world doesn't matter because the new one he creates will be free of the problems plaguing the current one. We agree he operated with that mentality, right? Now we see him taking pauses to reflect when kakashi or naruto speak, then immediately afterwards begins to recite his mantra for reassurance. That behavior is classic to cases of denial or fear of truth. He now reacts to mentionings of rin or the past with extreme emotional outbursts! Obito is now totally emotional, he does care. Emotion is a key ingredient for talk no jutsu to succeed and obito looks to have repressed his for do long he craves the talk no jutsu whether he knows it or not. He is clearly shaken and slowly coming to terms with reality and recognizing his dream for the nightmare it is. Kakashi and obito are gunna have each others backs here in a few chapters from now, kakashi is cleverly pressing all the right buttons and with extreme exhaustion could see the way to defeat tobi and rescue obito. Reading all those make out tactics books really paid off :0
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by Inderos View Post
    Hahaha! Someone needs to draw this. It really should be Kakashi's final technique though, seeing as it doesn't require chakra. Is "1,000 Years of Pain" a jutsu Kakashi copied from Gai? One of the true mysteries of Naruto... The origin of the jutsu capable of breaking through any defense! Surely Gai made this technique.
    I believe he copied it from Obito, can anyone verify this?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I believe he copied it from Obito, can anyone verify this?

I looked in the wiki and the only canon users so far have been Kakashi and Naruto. In the Rock Lee spin off, Kakashi's dad is said to have used it, but I wouldn't really call that canon. The wiki could be wrong of course, but I was only joking about Gai being the creator.

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Now for things to finally pick up ^_^, 10 tails, show us your power.
    oh, yeah! I'm excited about that!!

hmmm I wonder if each of the Juubi's tomoe in it's eye is somehow related to the 9 bijuu that are descended from it's chakra.

It would be wonderful if the Juubi is beyond Madara's ability to control with his Sharingan, although I seriously doubt that this would happen.

If Madara were unable to control the Juubi this would completely change the complexion and direction of the war/Manga. Suddenly, Madara won't be the most feared thing anymore, it would be the Juubi. Tobi and Madara were able to control the Geddou Mazou because they had Hasirama's power, but would that work on the Juubi, granted that this is an incomplete Juubi.

One would think that Sharingan Genjutsu/Hypnotic control should not work on the Juubi since it itself is the source of the Sharingan. It thus brings up the question of exctly how did the SO6P stop the Juubi in the first place. I'd like to see Kishi do a mini10 chapter series on the SO6P himself, at some point.

I'd surmise that Hashirama's power is a watered down version of SO6P's power although it has not yet been stated that the SO6P ever used Mokuton.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

@Knife Eater: Bee broke out of Madara's Mokuton from last chapter, due to Madara being taken out by Guy. The only Mokuton Obito used in this fight was against Naruto, who likewise broke free when he headbutted Obito. In other words, best counter to Mokuton is probably to attack the Mokuton user and break their connection to the binding branches, as doing so reverts the branches to more or less ordinary wood. At least in this version of the Mokuton.

@Paulbee: The Mokuton is Hashirama's means of channeling his pure life force into a living, physical technique. He creates life. It can also, seemingly, absorb life force from Bijuu in order to grow (or, in Zetsu's case, from other shinobi). Basically, it shows a mastery over Life Force / physical energies similar to the Sharingan's mastery over Mental energies. I would guess the SO6P had an equal/stronger way of achieving this, but that it could have been anything, and not necessarily restricted to plants.

The Rinnegan could combine these aspects to create a physical conduit for binding one's physical/mental energies, namely those black rods / chakra chains we've seen used to control Bijuu. They emit chains similar to Kushina's own power, which to me demonstrates a link between her ability (which I'd associate with her unique chakra as practically a Kekkei Genkai) and the SO6P/Rinnegan ability used by Obito.

The SO6P was also a master of ultimate sealing techniques, which probably played the biggest role. He merely had to weaken the Juubi enough to seal it (unless his Sealing Jutsu is the Narutoverse equivalent of a Master Ball).
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 11-15-2012 at 02:37 PM.